Any chance...

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Kindo Higasura

Any chance...

Post by Kindo Higasura »

Of anyone knowing where I can get the Final Fantasy VI ROM translated or any chance of Dejap to start on this anytime this year perhaps? New to this place so sorry about just coming out the ass with this but anyone who can help me it will be much obliged.

Edit: Damn...first post and I already fucked up...my mistake...didn't read the "Don't request Translations" thread...Sorry...er...I'm gonna take my noob ass on over to the rules now before I make myself look like any more of a complete retard...
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

Well at least you caught yourself. Anyway, in case you didn't see it mentioned anywhere, the place to look for translations is The Whirlpool
~Bent
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

I never understood why people needed a translation patch for this game, what's wrong with the official English version? I like Fire 2 and 3 better than Fira and Firaga anyway, and I like Terra better than Tina.

Oh wait, in the original you get to see Siren's ass.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

blackmyst wrote:I never understood why people needed a translation patch for this game, what's wrong with the official English version? I like Fire 2 and 3 better than Fira and Firaga anyway, and I like Terra better than Tina.

Pic?
bringing Zsnes back
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

DarkBenny wrote:
blackmyst wrote:I never understood why people needed a translation patch for this game, what's wrong with the official English version? I like Fire 2 and 3 better than Fira and Firaga anyway, and I like Terra better than Tina.

Pic?
Yeah, I'd like to see that too. :wink:
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Same here.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

I think there is a pic on Sky Renders' page for the translation.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Eh, can't find it.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

google says http://ff6.sm-soft.org/ffiiivsffvi/ffiiivsffvi_e.php

Scroll down for a few comparison images, one of which depicts Siren's naked ass in it's full glory. All seven pixels of it. You can see that the Starlet summon is also dressed considerably lighter.

Something the page doesn't show is the girl from Relm's painting, who has a LOT less fog covering her assets in the japanese version. And also one of the female figures on the final boss, which shows more skin.

Also, the japanese got a button config screen, class names for each character, as well as the ability to rename Cyan's skills (frankly, I don't see the point of the last one).

All in all, nothing that makes me feel as if I've somehow been playing a lesser game all those years ago. Though it's fun to play through if you want to see all the differences.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

blackmyst wrote:google says http://ff6.sm-soft.org/ffiiivsffvi/ffiiivsffvi_e.php

Scroll down for a few comparison images, one of which depicts Siren's naked ass in it's full glory. All seven pixels of it. You can see that the Starlet summon is also dressed considerably lighter.

Something the page doesn't show is the girl from Relm's painting, who has a LOT less fog covering her assets in the japanese version. And also one of the female figures on the final boss, which shows more skin.

Also, the japanese got a button config screen, class names for each character, as well as the ability to rename Cyan's skills (frankly, I don't see the point of the last one).

All in all, nothing that makes me feel as if I've somehow been playing a lesser game all those years ago. Though it's fun to play through if you want to see all the differences.
Wow, so that's what it looks like. :lol:
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

The rumors persist about the supposedly horrible translation for FF6, and how the dialogue was supposed to be much more profane and sexually explicit. Having played through a number of retranslation attempts, and having read a lot of fan-created literature on the subject, you are really missing next to nothing by playing the official translation. Edgar comes onto Terra a bit harder, Relm swears like a sailor instead of acting like a spoiled brat, and the tension between Locke and Celes is more explicit and even harder to miss, as some examples.

It's not like you were spared any of this in the English version. It's pretty damn obvious Edgar likes Terra, that there's lots of tension between Locke and Celes, and Relm is just as annoying--especially with how muzzled the English translation was as far as what they could and couldn't say, I really have to top my hat to the translation team. I've been an FF6 fanboy for years on end, and even I don't see the point of anyone besides the most hardcore FF geek of playing the retranslations, and that's really just so you can talk translation patches to other people who are just as hopelessly geeky as you.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Absolutely seconded.

Besides, who would want to miss "son of a submariner" and the like? :P

I do play it though. Simply because I like the game so much, seeing a (somewhat) new take on it is....interesting.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I'm just completely anal over the game title.

The FF6 original logo (with tina in a magitek ridepod thingie) is way better than the horrid FF3 one, imo.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

I wish they would make a sequel to FF6 instead of fanboi FF7.
bringing Zsnes back
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

There is no magic anymore so a sequel to FF6 can't be done. Well since RPGone had released the translation I downloaded it anyway and after played it a bit I now use this version rather than the US one.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

Neo Kaiser wrote:There is no magic anymore so a sequel to FF6 can't be done.
I disagree--Kefka's Tower collapsed, but it wasn't incinerated or anything. It'd become a ruin, just waiting some powerhungry asshole to come find a way into the Tower, explore the ruins, rebuild the statues, and become Kefka Jr or something.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

blackmyst wrote:what's wrong with the official English version?
"What the heck!?"
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

1- There is no Crazy Glue to rebuild the statues that Tina/Terra and her friends destroyed.
2- RPGone translation was unnesesary but it still better than the US one.(Exept that it need more emotion) Just by having the original logo is a good reason.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!