disable music, leave SFX alone

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

justinrpg
Rookie

disable music, leave SFX alone

Post by justinrpg »

is there a way I can disable the BGM music in ZSNES but leave it so the sound effects still play??? I need a sound effect from a game so I can use in in a song I am making with another program...
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Re: disable music, leave SFX alone

Post by Johan_H »

In that case, just figure out which sound channel the effect plays on and disable all others (press F5 - F12).

You could also try to rip it with SNESSOR
justinrpg
Rookie

Post by justinrpg »

Johan_H wrote:In that case, just figure out which sound channel the effect plays on and disable all others (press F5 - F12).

THE SNESSOR WILL NOT WORK!!! I HIT L TO LOAD A FILE AND IT JUST SHOWS A LIST OF ROMS AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I HIT NEXT IT JUST RETURNS ME TO THE MAIN MENU!!!!!! AND THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DOC SAYS NOTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING WRONG, IN FACT THEY ARE COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

justinrpg wrote:
Johan_H wrote:In that case, just figure out which sound channel the effect plays on and disable all others (press F5 - F12).

THE SNESSOR WILL NOT WORK!!! I HIT L TO LOAD A FILE AND IT JUST SHOWS A LIST OF ROMS AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I HIT NEXT IT JUST RETURNS ME TO THE MAIN MENU!!!!!! AND THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DOC SAYS NOTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING WRONG, IN FACT THEY ARE COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
Ok, I just gave this version Snessor a go, christ this is different from the one I used to use years ago, but whatever, it is pretty straight forward.

What I suggest you do is copy the rom that you want to rip into the same folder that snessor is in. Then rename it something simple. I'm using demons crest in this example, so I renamed it Dc.smc

1)open snessor
2)press "L" to load a rom.
3) Type "dc.smc" and press ENTER.
4) press "D" to Dump All
5) Press "W" if you want WAV files, "S" if you want SND ones.
6) Press "E" to exit.

Now if you look inside the folder where snessor is, there should be a folder in there called "DC". Inside this folder should be a whole bunch of WAV or SND files, those are all the ripped sounds from the rom. If the folder isn't there try refreshing the snessor folder, I had to do that to get the DC folder to show up.

*EDIT*
for step 4) Instead of pressing "D" You could instead press "I" to play around with interactive mode . According to the documentation this would allow you to listen through all the samples so that you can just rip the one you want instead of dumping the whole thing.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

First warning for caps abuse.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Hmm, yeah it is a different version than the one I have. At any rate, my first suggestion should still serve you fine, and no need for autistic outbursts.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Johan_H wrote:Hmm, yeah it is a different version than the one I have. At any rate, my first suggestion should still serve you fine, and no need for autistic outbursts.
I think that was less "autistic" and more "spoiled child."
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads