Cat disabled something? And SNES FFII questions...

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Version213

Cat disabled something? And SNES FFII questions...

Post by Version213 »

Hi, sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but my cat was walking around my keyboard when I was using Zsnes and I saw something along the lines of "Channel 4 disabled," and "Graphics Engine disabled" or something along those lines. I managed to find the buttons but I was wondering what difference those make? I can't really notice anything (on or off) unless my current settings are overriding something. I am using 1280x1024 DRF with filters HQx4 + Hi-res mode 7 + Triple buffering.

Also, so far FFII's text is showing a gap at the bottom of the chatbox. Shows all the letters but getting an annoying gap in the text box, only game that does it so far.

Thank you.
Gonzo
Regular

Re: Cat disabled something? And SNES FFII questions...

Post by Gonzo »

"Channel 4 disabled" is referring to one of the sound channels. The F keys from F5 through to F12 toggle the 8 different sound channels on and off.
Not every game uses all of these channels, nor are they all used within a single game all of the time, so you might not notice a difference.

"Graphics engine disabled" is referring to the new graphics engine which you can switch on and off by pressing the "8" key. For the most part you should leave the new graphics engine switched on, or you are going to notice some games having graphical errors.

Oh and just a quick note, if you manage to accidentally press some of these buttons and don't know how to fix the problem, you can just press the "6" key, which is like a panic button. It will switch everything back on/reset it to its default setting(the sound channels, graphics layers and the new graphics engine, plus some other stuff).

All of this information can be found in the zsnes documentation. You should give it a read through if you're curious about all the stuff that zsnes can do.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

That's what you get for letting food do as it wants.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

grinvader wrote:That's what you get for letting food do as it wants.
Aww. Grin. Not yet a fan of free range pussy? :lol:
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Free range is very much fine -outside-.
I'm a strong believer of only bringing dead or dying food past your doorstep.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54