WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Post by odditude »

just Platinumed Lego Harry Potter with my gf. much more enjoyable than the original Star Wars one.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

extra credits and the amazon sale have convinced me to give spec ops: the line a shot. it'll get at you, and i think i'm only half way or so through.

otherwise, no changes.

edit: spec ops did not disappoint. taken as a [singleplayer] whole, it's pretty awesome.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

recently got gifted guild wars 2. if anyone is in the sanctum of rall, let me know and i'll shoot you my username
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Okay, so to try and bring some more activity into the zboard as a whole, here's the games I've been playing in the last month:

* Angry Birds (except Rio)
* Super Mario 3D Land
* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
* New Super Mario Bros 2
* Final Fantasy 12 and 13
* Pokemon Gold
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

Playing L.A. Noire and Pokémon Silver. Er... for a friend. Yeah, that's the ticket.
What?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I've been playing Okami HD and Diablo III for a bit. Hopefully I can get the time to play Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I've been trying my hand at the new DmC. A very aesthetically sound and fun game that doesn't deserve all the misguided Internet hate.

Anarchy Reigns should be waiting for me in my mailbox.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Finally sat down and unlocked everything in Plants Vs Zombies. Also been playing Soul Blazer a bit recently.
odditude

Post by odditude »

finally finished the grand replay of the two main R&C trilogies. for something completely different, i'm playing through xenogears for the first time in 14 years.

oh, if you haven't happened to see it, bisqwit's cv2 patch has an absurd amount of polish.
(link to his project page instead of rhdn only because of the "vending machine" build-a-patch on his site)
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

I wrapped up The Walking Dead yesterday.

LOVED IT.

On the plate:
Darksiders
Journey
Professsor Layton and the Unwound Future
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Minecraft.

And Minecraft.

MOAR MINECRAFT
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

That sounds like me. Except it's Super Hexagon, Super Hexagon, and more Super Hexagon.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Kingdom of Alamur - Only ARPG I can stand atm.

White Knight Chronicles II - Fuck D3 Publisher forever for abandoning this game in less than a year and leaving all our quests locked on the disc with a incomplete translation.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Final Fantasy III (US SNES/VI JPN SNES)
Final Fantasy III (Android; remake of the original FF3 that was on JPN Famicom)
Final Fantasy IX
Super Mario RPG (nearly finished!)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (nearly finished with this one too!)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Darksiders II

I can't, for the life of me, beat MGR's final boss. Such an unbelievably cheap bastard.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Neo Kaiser wrote:White Knight Chronicles II - Fuck D3 Publisher forever for abandoning this game in less than a year and leaving all our quests locked on the disc with a incomplete translation.
What happened with it?
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
odditude

Post by odditude »

Cave Story (Wii) - I suck. Normal difficulty, haven't beaten Ballos. I can reliably make it through the Bloodstained Sanctuary, but as for the big guy himself...

As soon as the bat swarm shows up, there's too much crap flying around on the screen at once for my brain to track and I lose myself in the crowd - only to promptly get run over or land on spikes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

odditude wrote:Bloodstained Sanctuary
What the fuck.
It's hell. Not a fucking sanctuary. Just plain hell. Right there. You'd think nintendo would have grown past that stupid religious word cockblock, but seems not.
As soon as the bat swarm shows up...
... you're already right in his eye, with a rocket launcher fully loaded with love.

MELT FOR ME MOTHERFUCKER
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Probably not so much nintendo as tyrone rodrigues feeling he had to make the nicalis translation distinct from shih tzu's

by replacing the professional level translation with one done by his wife

gg
odditude

Post by odditude »

grinvader wrote:
odditude wrote:Bloodstained Sanctuary
What the fuck.
It's hell. Not a fucking sanctuary. Just plain hell. Right there. You'd think nintendo would have grown past that stupid religious word cockblock, but seems not.
nah, the sign at the beginning says "Welcome to Hell!"
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Johan_H wrote:Probably not so much nintendo as tyrone rodrigues feeling he had to make the nicalis translation distinct from shih tzu's

by replacing the professional level translation with one done by his wife

gg
Or possibly they used shih tzu's as a base and then "tweaked" it until it was juuuust different enough that no one could prove anything.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

With that added nod to Working Designs' famous pop culture references, OH YEAH!
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I haven't been playing any modern games because of DLC scams, having to be online all the time(passes) for some of them etc, so I've been on a classic RPG binge lately along with lots of old Capcom and SNK fighters like The Last Blade 1-2, KOF series, SF2 Hyper Fighting, Vampire Savior, 3rd Strike and others. Modern games are often incomplete betas, glorified demos with Disc Locked Content and I'm really not into FPS games which is why I've gone back to the games I played as a kid and of course old games I wasn't able to play back in the day. Seiken Densetsu 3 is a masterpiece of an action RPG and if you liked the 1st SNES Secret of Mana, you'll absolutely love SD3. You can find it pre-patched to English or just find the ROM and patch it separately, but it's very easy to find. Tales of Phantasia is a really fun game, the 1st Tales game ever, and it really pushes the SNES to its limit(SD3 does too). TOP is another game that needs to be patched with a translation, but like SD3 it's incredibly easy to find.

I've been playing imo the best Chrono Trigger retranslation out there(made by Doctor L improving on the Chrono Compendium hack) and you can download it right Here It removes all censorship from the game and imo makes the story a LOT better since it's the way it was originally intended to be played. Lots of names have been changed to their Japanese counterparts and the story just flows a lot better than it does in the chrono compendoum hack, but this is a mod of that retranslation. It feels professionally done and I can't recommend it enough; it's a MUCH better translation than the DS version, which is still censored.

There's also a hack for Xenogears called Xenogears 2.0 that reverts the voices including the voices in the videos back to Japanese, and the movies are English subbed. I don't want to link it since it may get me banned but it's easy to find, although a bit annoying to install; it's worth it though since it's an absolutely superior version of Xeno compared to the raw US version. Chrono Cross is severely underrated imo and I actually really like the battle/element system despite it being completely different from CT, plus it has a beautiful soundtrack and a very interesting story. Suikoden 1-2 are excellent, classic 2-d RPGs with both turn based fights with 6 characters as well as huge wars that are very simple in Suikoden 1, but more like an RTS in 2. You can carry your save data from 1 over to 2 and unlock some really cool secrets. Suikoden 2 is one of the best JRPGs ever created imo, but the actual copy of it is very rare and expensive but I thankfully bought it right when it came out in 1999. If you want the actual disc, it can go for hundreds of $ with the box in very good or perfect condition. S2 has one of the best, most evil, psychopathic villians in any game and my screen name is based off of another Suikoden character. If a character dies in battle though, they're dead for good, and you get a special ending(in all Suikoden games) for getting all 108 characters and not letting anyone die in battle except for a couple required story events. I obviously can't link to it but both Suikoden games are easy to find if you want to emulate them.

You can Recruit up to 108 characters in the Suikoden games, some of them support chars but many of them are fighters with unique abilities. It's a series that's been severely overlooked/underrated and if you like console style/JRPGs, you'll probably really love those 2 games. I've only played 1-3(3 being on the PS2) but 1-2 are the ones I recommend, especially 2 because of the fantastic villain and just a straight up interesting and unique story with lots of twists and nuance and it's just fun to play.

edit: typos/grammar
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I've been playing SimCity. The new one. Luckily most of the server problems are gone.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Super Hexag- wait, no. I finally sucked it up and played Analogue: A Hate Story. Been sitting on my drive for ages.
And of course, I manage to accidentally murder the main heroine. Go me.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads