Not a big feature request, but...

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Not a big feature request, but...

Post by Magus` »

Could there possibly be lower case as well as upper case letters in Netplay? I don't know if this'd be hard to implement or not, but it'd be cool if it could be.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

This might be a pretty good feature.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Not a big feature request, but...

Post by grinvader »

Magus` wrote:I don't know if this'd be hard to implement or not, but it'd be cool if it could be.
Well, currently it would modify GUI code, and you can guess how hard that is.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

I'm sure the current font is limited by the GUI that was designed to fit in the SNES-native resolution.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

Maybe all modes below 512x448 could be dropped, in favour to a new GUI? It would be significantly better.
Low-end machines could still use the old versions.
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

illegal eagle wrote:Maybe all modes below 512x448 could be dropped, in favour to a new GUI? It would be significantly better.
Low-end machines could still use the old versions.
I don't really think its fair for the people who have to use the low resolutions to be denied using new versions.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

For the lower reolutions there could be something like this.
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

illegal eagle wrote:For the lower reolutions there could be something like this.
What is it exactly ? The lack of description is not helping...
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

It's a small window (320x240) with a custom mouse cursor which scrolls in a larger screen (576x448).

The concept is from the module-player "VP", if someone remembers...
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

MaxSt
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by MaxSt »

That reminds me...

Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

I am an engineer and occassionally I write application programs with user interfaces. I KNOW *I* am not the best man for the interface design, especially since my application is targeted at an industry I'm not too familiar with. I expressed this concern and suggested we get customer feedback for what THEY would like to see in an interface.

You know what happened? Management comes back to me and says design one anyway! I did the best job i could. So, it's not always the engineers fault. I recognized and addressed the fact that the engineer is not the best person for interface design, but it fell on deaf ears.

In the end, I will probably have to modify the thing when enough customers come back to us with suggestions and feedback, but this should have been BEFORE the software was released. It's out the door being sold now.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Nightcrawler that is so true.

I was given a project ~3 months back to do, with almost no specs on how it should work. I asked for more specs, but I was told to just do it.

Finally I'm done, and the customer didn't like it. I was asked to do it again, with only a few mentioned specs this time.

Since the base I made was flexable, it took only two weeks to get it all the desired features and I made some other logical improvements. And again they weren't happy.

Now my boss decided to sit down with the client and found out exactly what they want. It would be a lot easier if this was done at the beginning.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by hydr0x »

Nach wrote:It would be a lot easier if this was done at the beginning.
that's a real basic rule in Software Engineering, makes you wonder how those people got the position they have ;)
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Nach:

That sounds pretty similar to how things work around my company as well. Then theres the added fact that my boss changes his mind constantly. For instance, I did an data aquisition application program that displayed a few statistics and graphs and ouput data to Excel for anyone who wanted to do more than we provided in the program.

We had many meetings discussing how far we were going to take the program and finally agreed on a set of specs and anything beyond that the customer would have to do themselves in Excel.

Now.. several months later, I'm back on that program adding more statistical information and a more flexible expansive graphing engine. This stuff happens all the time. It drives me insane.

Ask the customer what they want to begin with. Come up with a plan.. and stick to it!
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Player1
Hazed

Post by Player1 »

It seems to me like there is an communikation problem. Why should life be easy if it can be difficult?