Hmm, Starfox plays fast on 10/24 build.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

Noxious Ninja wrote:And we need emulation of the physical carts, so you can plug the cart in crooked and have weird things happen.
Man, you people are dumb if you think that's what 'accurate emulation' is about. Joking or not: still dumb. :? Talk about accurate emulation and they'll (the kiddies) come and turn the notion into a local joke for teenagers.

Seriously though, what we need is Zsnes++. No joke this time, it would RoXor major time.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Well the purists want emulation who are close to the real SNES but the majority want our games to play correctly without bugs or slowdowns See is not the console who makes the games special it is the games who makes the console special. As long as a game is displayed correctly and works correctly even better than when it was on the original SNES everyone else that is not a purist will be happy. My favorite filter is the bilinear because it emulates what you see in the distance between you and your TV. Because when I was playing the SNES I din't sit so close to the TV to see the scanlines. Don't tell me some of you plays the SNES to very close to the TV as it is very bad to the health. I also like the Hq filters who made the graphics look hand painted.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

Well the people who truly respect the Snes and emulation in general will always prefer accuracy over bastardization of the original games. So I do hope for example that when 1.4 comes, Starfox will be back at the 'original' speed and the Kiddiez will cry "Wut appened to StArfoX??? It usez 2 play better"

I do not believe the majority (the kiddiez) should be looked up as a refrerence frankly (no offence) Majority or not. If it were up to the kiddiez,Zsnes would come packed with commcercial roms because most of them are too dumb to find them fast enough...But even so, I don't think it would be a good idea, you know?

And you don't need to be close to the TV to see the obvious difference between native TV-display and emulation without filters..unless you have a very,very bad eyesight. Old TVs and monitors just don't look the same.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

me--------TV. The distance is as long as the cable of my controllers allow me minus 2 feet so I can be confortable with my control. You only see the scan lines if you focus your vision to see them but when you are focused on the image you won't even be able to see them but the scan lines are there. As I stated before we care more abouth the games than the console. Why I got a SNES? To play Super Mario Bros and Zelda 3. How many people bouth a PS just to play FF7?
PFUNK
Rookie

Post by PFUNK »

[Nevermind]
I'm hot for you and you're hot for me ooka dooka dicka dee.
Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

The only way to really recreate the TV-output when you use Zsnes is to use...a Tv-out. That being said, scanlines (while far from identical) is still what look the closest to a TV display.After that, just because you use scanlines doesn't mean you're going to play close to the monitor.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

You---Monitor, you-------TV. Unless you use a Plasma TV. as monitor.
Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

Neo Kaiser wrote:You---Monitor, you-------TV. Unless you use a Plasma TV. as monitor.
Go easy on the drugs.
When I play games on emulators I'm far from the monitor (my monitor can be turned with ease so their no trouble involved) Being close to the monitor when you play low-res (by today's standards) at 60hz is just too brutal.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

ok then: You-----Monitor , you---------TV. Anyway you will stay away from your TV than from your monitor. (you can't be that far fro a monitor anyway)
Anyway with Bilinear the distance between you and the TV is emulated. Because at a safe distance the scanlines of your TV. could not been notice if you are cosentrated on the image. You see the scanlines of you TV. if you change the focus.(Hope you understand with my poor english.) Scan lines on a emulator are more notable than on the TV. because you won't be that far from a monitor. My point is that in questions of image accuracy is something unsertain and that filters should be on all emulators.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kode54 wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Nach wrote:Link for old memories http://www.snes9x.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7733
Unforunetly most of the images are no longer around, and I don't have them archived.
I read this topic as it was written, so I remember the pics... on the realsnes, the last block or two are slightly displaced.

Maybe we should try to recreate the error for MK's sake... :roll:
Since when is accurate emulation a crime? And why use MK as fuel to the fire when he does not care to come here to chew you out for it?

Eh, you people suck.
It seems I have been misunderstood.

I meant that we would eventually have to emulate the C4 correctly, which is, with this slight error. I played the real thing this weekend and noted the last block is also displaced on the PAL cart.
I agree with MK about what "emulation" means, what emulators should be and try to become. That's why I cited his name, you know, the 'give credit where it's due' thing.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54