request for option to disable auto IPS patching

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Player1
Hazed

request for option to disable auto IPS patching

Post by Player1 »

I have many roms, which have an IPS file in the zip, and it would be very nice if I havn't to delete the IPS patch, or have to make a rom for each patch I have. (It would be best if this option is in the open Rom dialog in my oppinion)

I asked this in the Snes9x forum already, how difficult is this to integrate? Would it be possible to copy a rom patching management from an other open source emu? How about making a poll how many users want such a feature.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I don't see anything good with this request.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Uhh, why not? It's a good request in the sense that it would be useful. You could have something like the save state select, and have the patches be called something like .ips, .ip0 .... .ip9. Sure, it would require GUI work, and such a thing would be very low on the list of stuff to do (if on the list at all)... but it's not an awful idea.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Player1
Hazed

Post by Player1 »

you could make a command line such as -noips, this even wouldn't require GUI work.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I'll try to have this done for v1.41
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.