Slowing ZSNES

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

sidar

Slowing ZSNES

Post by sidar »

Yes, I am a stupid newbie who basically registered to these forums to have his one question answered.

My question is: How can I slow ZSNES down (fps wise) so I can easily take screenshot of a certain sprite?

Preferably, I would like to get ZSNES running at 1 fps... and I'd turn sound off.

Please excuse me if this question has been answered elsewhere; I did search previous threads and haven't found what I wanted.

Thanks in advance.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

In Misc > Game Keys, you can assign any key to the slowdown feature.
sidar

Post by sidar »

Clements wrote:In Misc > Game Keys, you can assign any key to the slowdown feature.
So, I could bring the frame rate down to 1 fps, and when I reopen ZSNES next time, it will be normal?
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Well, when you assign a key to slowdown, whenever you press and hold down the assigned key the game will run significantly slower, and when you let up the key it will return to normal. I assure you, the game will run slow enough for you to catch the sprite you want.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Mai Shiranui?

That's been done to death... :wink:
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

During game:
[F1]>Increment Frame
*repeat until desired frame is reached
Save Snapshot
:roll:
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

whicker wrote:Mai Shiranui?

That's been done to death... :wink:
But the Kachosen's secret technique is only available in King of Fighters games, which means no Zsnes!
_-|-_
sidar

Post by sidar »

Ah, thanks for the help. I didn't know exactly how the slowdown key worked and I didn't want to risk permanent slowdown.
sidar

Post by sidar »

Ok, I have another question: In the Misc Options window, I can increment 1 frame at a time. However, the Misc Options window is in the way... is there any way to move it out of the way (the move this window option keeps the window in the way of the sprites).
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

sidar wrote:Ok, I have another question: In the Misc Options window, I can increment 1 frame at a time. However, the Misc Options window is in the way... is there any way to move it out of the way (the move this window option keeps the window in the way of the sprites).
So niether position is acceptable? I didn't think they overlapped...

I really don't think the window is movable without going into the source.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
sidar

Post by sidar »

kevman wrote:So niether position is acceptable? I didn't think they overlapped...

No it isn't...

Well, another possibility is to do the snapshots via the Misc Menu, but they are "too small" (ie, not a true screenshot, scaled down)...
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

sidar wrote:
kevman wrote:So niether position is acceptable? I didn't think they overlapped...

No it isn't...

Well, another possibility is to do the snapshots via the Misc Menu, but they are "too small" (ie, not a true screenshot, scaled down)...
Not scaled down. That's the original SNES resolution. The screenshots are scaled UP.

Don't you have any software that can scale up for you? You wouldn't lose any graphical information

Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Or you could use print screen if you think the images captured with Zsnes are too small.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Chrono wrote:Or you could use print screen if you think the images captured with Zsnes are too small.
That was his whole point. The F1 pop-up menu is in the way to prevent him doing that

Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

kevman wrote:
Chrono wrote:Or you could use print screen if you think the images captured with Zsnes are too small.
That was his whole point. The F1 pop-up menu is in the way to prevent him doing that

I didn't see that post. Sorry about that.
sidar

Post by sidar »

kevman wrote:Not scaled down. That's the original SNES resolution. The screenshots are scaled UP.

Don't you have any software that can scale up for you? You wouldn't lose any graphical information
Hmm... I have a STOIK Image Resizer, I'll "get" the full version and see what it does when I get around to it...

I've had partial success with the F1 menu... I just have to play the game (Bahamut Lagoon) differently to get all the sprites I want.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

You could record a ZMV and play it back, that way you won't have to "play it differently"