File browse bug still present in 1.40

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

darkfalz
Rookie

File browse bug still present in 1.40

Post by darkfalz »

Not surprised this wasn't fixed actually, as nobody has any idea what causes it. Doesn't usually occur until after you load the first ROM.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I'm pretty sure I know what causes it, fixing it is another matter.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Hexlord »

I realise that the only solution is to separate the large number of roms into several different folders..
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Hmm... looks like you're running off a C.D. Did you try cleaning it? I can't say this bug is in my ZSnes...
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

adventure_of_link wrote:Hmm... looks like you're running off a C.D. Did you try cleaning it? I can't say this bug is in my ZSnes...
I see no evidence of him running off a CD, and the problem is that he's overflowing the 64KB filename buffer.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by adventure_of_link »

Oh. My bad then. :oops:
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Yeah, that's a bug in ZSNES. I used to have it also when I had all the Japanese SNES ROMS in one directory. You can either sort them into seperate directories using NSRT, or you can learn the quirks of the bug and work around it. It only happens under certain circumstances.
If you know what game you are looking for and jump to it by hitting the first letter in it's name, you should be fine.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
tvtoon
Rookie

Post by tvtoon »

Interestingly enough, it happens only whenever i enter a clean directory...
[url=http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/tvtoon/Avatares/th_tvlogo.png]GO LOGO, GO![/url]
<Renze> "IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents"