HOW DO You Full screen zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)? Yes, its rocket science.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

slore5
ASSTAXI

HOW DO You Full screen zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)? Yes, its rocket science.

Post by slore5 »

For PC/LAPTOP. Not TV.
---------------------------
Aight. Listen you mothafukas.... Full screen is cool (alt+enter) However... I WANT MORE!!! How do you make it cover the WHOLE MONITOR??

I do not want the black spaces...

Impossible you say? anything is possible if you put your mind to it! So why don't you man up and spit it already!??! Thats your homework! Yes, more prior than your college, work homework etc.... >: (

Answer quick Ya mothafukas... I ain't exactly the most patient man God has ever carved... heh... just keep that in mind.

P.S No quarter bitches...
Last edited by slore5 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuber
Trooper

Re: HOW DO You Full screen zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to lear

Post by Yuber »

When you set a resolution, make sure S(stretch) is included as well as F(full screen) and preferably D(allow filters) as well. Keep in mind if you're using Windows 8 you'll probably experience severe speed issues in full screen mode with ZSNES. If you do, switch to SNES9x 1.53(x64)

Stretch just disables the 8:7 aspect ratio that the full screen setting you're using includes. video settings with both F AND S in the menu(to the right of the resolution) will fully stretch the image & get rid of the borders. D(filters) is recommended to make the image less pixelated, and that shit can be configured in a side tab of the video settings menu when filters are enabled. Don't forget to enable triple buffering and/or vysnc too to get rid of screen tearing. Lastly, if you wanna use a gamepad, make sure you set input #1 or however many controllers you have hooked up to "keyboard/gamepad" before you set your controller(s) up.

You're obviously new to emulation, so I hope this big ass information dump doesn't overwhelm you. Good luck and have fun you goofy motherfucker :P
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Yeah set it to the native res of your monitor (DS FULL). Set a custom mode if you need to (bottom of the list). Turn off "FORCE 4:3 RATIO" and you should be good to go.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

And after all that, you pull the cock out of your ass, you raging fuckwit. I can't believe anyone was willing to help you with a first post like that.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:And after all that, you pull the cock out of your ass, you raging fuckwit. I can't believe anyone was willing to help you with a first post like that.
I agree. even if it was in jest, you DO NOT fucking come here and disrespect the devs or anyone else.

As for the answer quick bit, this is NOT a 24/7 internet chat tech support service.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
slore5
ASSTAXI

Post by slore5 »

Gil_Hamilton....you're bitching like my little sister...ya mothafuka...heh..love ya. ; D
Here,.. bring your ass here... let me stuff some in your ass pretty boy !
So... you represent the symbol of RIGHT...dont ya>?? aight... Here's your prize <3 <3 ; D Pet yourself on the back...no really. Do it now. I'm serious.

Thank you my brothers yuber and paulguy!! I just wanna chew both of ya in the head real hard!!!(until it fuken bleeds, that is)! with RAGING EXCITEMENT!

aight my beloved fathafukas.... Hope to see ya again!

heh lifes good.~
Last edited by slore5 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

slore5 wrote:Gil_Hamilton....oh boy...Please....just stop...you're bitching like my little sister...ya mothafuka...heh..love ya. ; D
Here,.. bring your ass here... let me stuff some in your ass pretty boy !
So... you represent the symbol of RIGHT...dont ya>?? aight... Here's your prize <3 <3 ; D Pet yourself on the back...no really. Do it now. I'm serious.

Thank you my brothers yuber and paulguy!! I just wanna chew both of ya in the head real hard!!!YUM YUM ARRG! with RAGING EXCITEMENT! ah love that word.

aight my beloved fathafukas.... Hope to you ya again!

heh lifes good.~
*insert shifty eyed fry here* not sure if some psycho troll... or some random zombie.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

slore5 wrote:Gil_Hamilton....oh boy...Please....just stop...you're bitching like my little sister...ya mothafuka...heh..love ya. ; D
She wasn't bitching much last night.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

query: did I detect some burning right now ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
slore5
ASSTAXI

Post by slore5 »

below bitch below!
Last edited by slore5 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
slore5
ASSTAXI

The Return of Full Screen Zsnes Rocket Science

Post by slore5 »

Aight Ya punks!

Let me rephrase that.. Aight ya ladies and gentlemen! (nvm not the ladies, ladies only find the controller useful as dildos)

Gentlemen. I need to speak to you. I tried some methods suggested by few people and it did not work!

MY ZSNES DOES NOT HAVE A DISPLAY OPTIONS!! IT IS MISSING! (4:3 RATIO)
Please explain how to full screen (not alt+shift) in plain English. I know this is rocket science, and few friends agreed by replying in rocket science.

Make it simple:
Done!

Thanks ; D
slore5
ASSTAXI

Re: The Return of Full Screen Zsnes Rocket Science

Post by slore5 »

I use Windows 8, if that helps...

and ... I cannot find the 4:3 ratio display option thing! So stop mentioning that!
I don't what you people here are using... but I use ZSNES!
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26307 is the only topic I know of related to your problem. To be blunt, I'm only helping you because I feel kinda bad for you. Immediately starting shit with people here will probably get you banned, so chill out. I know Gil was pretty inflammatory himself, but he probably got pissed because you asked for help in a disrespectful way. I assume you were just being sarcastic, but acting overly aggressive & trying to rush people when you need help isn't exactly smart. If you're new to emulators, setting them up can be a pain in the ass but you need to be patient and try harder to figure shit out for yourself. Also, use the search function. I think you should switch to SNES9x 1.53. Get the version labeled "x64" since you're using Win8(Win8 is a 64-bit OS).

ZSNES doesn't run well in Win8 because it uses Directdraw so switching to 9x(which is the superior emulator anyway) will save you a lot of headaches. I had to switch to 9x because of Win8 myself & I'm glad I did because 9x is more accurate in every way, especially sound-wise. Lastly, setting the aspect ratio to 4:3 is VERY easy to do in 9x.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

slore5 wrote:I cannot find the 4:3 ratio display option thing!
config -> video -> filters

and to answer your original question, use any full-screen DS video mode.

finally, you're acting like a jackass. that's not going to endear you to (nor get you help from) the regulars.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

odditude wrote:
finally, you're acting like a jackass. that's not going to endear you to (nor get you help from) the regulars.
Yeah it's like Gil said, I'm surprised anyone helped him in the first place. Cause I'm sure as shit not going to bother with him.
slore5
ASSTAXI

Post by slore5 »

HEY HEY HEY HEYYY!! Listen. I don't CARE About you Typical "be-nicer~" type of crawling earlings' Opinion ABOUT ME!
Life is too short for that kind of encircling bullshit.
...there are dozens of you... so don't think For ONE Second that you "Troll-feeders" (heh :P) are standing out.
Those typical one-liner shady voice dies out like the ring vibration of a rusted fist-size bell. Save your energy ya mothafukas! Im in control!
(All these comments Exclude YUBER,)

I can read vibes if you are feebles or nobles....thus, excluding yuber ; D

--------------------------
More Importantly back to where we were...
And....if that hasn't broken the mood of my "Dear" Thread ; D ...
Please stand by, why I dig into the suggested forums by yuber and his MIGHTY-HARVARD LIKE Writing.

brb... thank you to the genius-operating zsnes forum..heh destroyed my new thread and threaded into this forum.
slore5
ASSTAXI

Post by slore5 »

by the way..snes9 does not work on this windows 8 machine...

snes9 1.53 64 bit.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I see absolutely no reason why 9x wouldn't run on your machine dude, so you must be doing something wrong. Tell me what error or errors you're getting. Just in case, here are some 9x test builds that you can try, the latest one being from May 2013. You could also try updating your GPU and other drivers. I'm not much more tech savvy than you are, so I can't really give you any detailed instructions. The only reason I usually know how to set emulators up is because I've been using them since 1998, ZSNES being my first.

This is what 9x should look like when you open it I'd post the image directly in the thread, but this forum has some weird shit going on as far as image dimensions go so just click the link.(don't worry, it's not some disgusting shit) Maybe post your PC's specs too(use CPUZ if you don't know), but I'm not sure how much I can help. Both ZSNES and 9x are ridiculously easy to use, so I have no idea why 9x wouldn't run. I have ZSNES, 9x and all my SNES ROMs in the same folder, but that's just for convenience.

Getting emulators to work properly on your system is all about trial and error. Do you have Windows 8 running on an old ass computer or something?
slore5 wrote:HEY HEY HEY HEYYY!! Listen. I don't CARE About you Typical "be-nicer~" type of crawling earlings' Opinion ABOUT ME!
Life is too short for that kind of encircling bullshit.
...there are dozens of you... so don't think For ONE Second that you "Troll-feeders" (heh :P) are standing out.
Those typical one-liner shady voice dies out like the ring vibration of a rusted fist-size bell. Save your energy ya mothafukas! Im in control!
(All these comments Exclude YUBER,)

I can read vibes if you are feebles or nobles....thus, excluding yuber ; D

--------------------------
Please stand by, why I dig into the suggested forums by yuber and his MIGHTY-HARVARD LIKE Writing.

brb... thank you to the genius-operating zsnes forum..heh destroyed my new thread and threaded into this forum.
I'm not all that nice either, but it's best to be respectful when you need help. If you have a problem with someone, I guess you could call whoever you wanna call out in the insane chatter section. I've argued with plenty of people here, but your posts don't need to be 100% full blast aggressive all the time. Save that aggression for when someone attacks you. I think you may be a troll, but I'm helping you just in case you actually need some fucking help. Don't make me regret it.

As far as your threads being merged, it happens all the time. Shit, I have an entire thread dedicated to me derailing other threads so the older members will definitely stay on your ass for a while especially if you're aggressive. I don't give a shit what people think of me either, but calling people "feebles" ain't gonna help your cause.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

slore5 wrote:HEY HEY HEY HEYYY!! Listen. I don't CARE About you Typical "be-nicer~" type of crawling earlings' Opinion ABOUT ME!
Then go fuck yourself.
slore5 wrote:Life is too short for that kind of encircling bullshit.
It sure is.

Go fuck yourself.
slore5 wrote:...there are dozens of you... so don't think For ONE Second that you "Troll-feeders" (heh :P) are standing out.
And you are not standing out any more then the thousands who have been on this site before you.

Go fuck yourself.
slore5 wrote:Those typical one-liner shady voice dies out like the ring vibration of a rusted fist-size bell
Yep, they sure do.

Go fuck yourself.
slore5 wrote:Save your energy ya mothafukas! Im in control!
No you are not.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.

slore5 wrote:I can read vibes if you are feebles or nobles....thus, excluding yuber ; D
Congratulations, you can read things.

Can you read this;

Go fuck yourself.
slore5 wrote:--------------------------

Ok at this point you are just typing gibberish.

Go fuck yourself.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

slore5 wrote: brb... thank you to the genius-operating zsnes forum..heh destroyed my new thread and threaded into this forum.
That's because you are a dumbass that's starting new threads for no reason and it's the job of the moderators and administrators to fix that kind of dumbassery.
The person that merged your two threads did so because they SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TWO THREADS IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU COCK-GARGLING ASSTAXI.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Gil_Hamilton wrote: ASSTAXI.
I don't know why but for some reason that cracks me up, so it is awesome.

Seriously, the next person that I meet who pisses me off is being called an ASSTAXI.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Gonzo wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote: ASSTAXI.
I don't know why but for some reason that cracks me up, so it is awesome.

Seriously, the next person that I meet who pisses me off is being called an ASSTAXI.
Glad to be of service.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I'm gone for a week and come back to find an ASSTAXI(?). Good to be back, truly.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Agozer wrote:I'm gone for a week and come back to find an ASSTAXI(?). Good to be back, truly.
Just another day on ZBoard.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

slore5 wrote:brb... thank you to the genius-operating zsnes forum..heh destroyed my new thread and threaded into this forum.
you're welcome, dood
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54