ZSNES is no longer in active development.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Realord
Rookie

Re: ZSNES is not dead - Still in development

Post by Realord »

Dv8nxs wrote:
Realord wrote:Seven years and, the last version stills 1.51 (sorry for my bad english).

What is the big idea?

Does it still work = yes
can your still play it = yes
then stfu and be happy they actually took the time to make it and release it to the public for your's and many other's enjoyment Thanks have a great day !!!
Does it still work = I didn't ask that
can your still play it = Maybe, it depends on me
Then, tell your granny to shut up, I'm not questioning the time to release a version, I am questioning the time that we are WITHOUT a new version, there is a difference. As we say in Brazil, vtnc!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Realord wrote:I initially asked him where the last release is hidden (somebody said here that seven days and not seven years have passed since the last version was released, which we know is a lie).
It seems you still can't read. You keep confusing "progress update" with "link to new release".

Here, lemme quote the "lie":
grinvader wrote:
nintendo_nerd wrote:it's been seven f***ing years since the last progress update (btw, progress update != asking for a new release)
surely you mean seven fucking days, lel
the only update you care about is "click here to download", anyway. would be a waste of time.
Step your game up brah. Also, for the elephantiasisteenth time, it's out when it's out. Which is not now. Because it's not paying rent (or anything else). lrn2priorities.
Not dead either, because that won't happen unless we do.

tl;dr read the post huehuehue
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

So this thread is just like a child (ZSNES Fans) asking, sometimes whining, their mother (ZSNES Developers) who knits for a hobby but works a regular job (ZSNES Developers' Daily Lives) when is their super cool sweater (ZSNES) ready because it's their favorite color (nostalgia) and the mother just tells their kid "it's done when it's done sweetie[, now stop whining]" (this thread). Does that seem about right? So the recent hubbub is that same kid complaining that the mother only said it's about so much done on the certain pattern on the sweater.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Sure. Dunno if analogies will work where literal words didn't, though.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Realord
Rookie

Post by Realord »

grinvader wrote: It seems you still can't read. You keep confusing "progress update" with "link to new release".
Oh, really? So, I am looking for the "link to new release", can you help me?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Realord wrote:
grinvader wrote: It seems you still can't read. You keep confusing "progress update" with "link to new release".
Oh, really? So, I am looking for the "link to new release", can you help me?
no, because there isn't one.

you really need to work on reading comprehension.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

ZSNES will always be my Fav and we all know its on hiatus till the devs can find the time to work on it what with real life keeping them busy...

sooo..... would a million $,$$$,$$$.$$ each do the trick :wink: :mrgreen: 8)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

joe_devore wrote:ZSNES will always be my Fav and we all know its on hiatus till the devs can find the time to work on it what with real life keeping them busy...

Yes, it would. Send it to me, I'll make sure they get it.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
joe_devore wrote: ZSNES will always be my Fav and we all know its on hiatus till the devs can find the time to work on it what with real life keeping them busy...

Yes, it would. Send it to me, I'll make sure they get it.
lol in that case I would personally travel around the world to meet them and hand deliver the secure-briefcase with $1 Mil in case to the Devs ;^_^;
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

joe_devore wrote:ZSNES will always be my Fav and we all know its on hiatus till the devs can find the time to work on it what with real life keeping them busy...

Fuckyeah it would. Forget million, btw - with current exchange rates I only need $300K. But I won't spit on extra if you feel that generous.
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Yes, it would. Send it to me, I'll make sure they get it.
;_; JB pls
皆黙って俺について来い!!

joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

grinvader wrote:

Fuckyeah it would. Forget million, btw - with current exchange rates I only need $300K. But I won't spit on extra if you feel that generous.
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Yes, it would. Send it to me, I'll make sure they get it.
;_; JB pls
loi ;^_^;

just as soon as I can win the lottery or make it rich some how ;D
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

I just want to say thank you for the work done on ZSNES. I just got off of probation and can once again use it. ZSNES has always been my favorite snes emulator and I will look forward to the future release.

As for those who complain about the long wait. Write you own emulator that corrects whatever issue you are currently having with ZSNES. The programmers do have lives, and have to support families. I work 50+ hours a week and find it frustrating that at the end of the day I am exhausted and find it hard to get motivated to work on hobbies. You can complain that there hasn't been a release to the public in some time, but have you ever clicked on the (donate) tab at www.zsnes.com to give a donation? I imagine writing an emulator is very difficult, I know I cant do it. I also imagine that if everyone that has ever used ZSNES would donate $50 more progress would get made.
Realord
Rookie

Post by Realord »

odditude wrote:

Oh, really? Thanks for your sincere analysis.

Now, I know that:

Under development = yes
New version = FOR NEVER!!! (I really want to be wrong about this prediction, but it will only happen when the "link to new release" is available, I guess)

Thanks for comprehension, sirs!
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

someone wrote:I just want to say thank you for the work done on ZSNES. I just got off of probation and can once again use it. ZSNES has always been my favorite snes emulator and I will look forward to the future release.

As for those who complain about the long wait. Write you own emulator that corrects whatever issue you are currently having with ZSNES. The programmers do have lives, and have to support families. I work 50+ hours a week and find it frustrating that at the end of the day I am exhausted and find it hard to get motivated to work on hobbies. You can complain that there hasn't been a release to the public in some time, but have you ever clicked on the (donate) tab at http://www.zsnes.com to give a donation? I imagine writing an emulator is very difficult, I know I cant do it. I also imagine that if everyone that has ever used ZSNES would donate $50 more progress would get made.
$50 is doable ^_^ is the donation system running?! oooh looky the link still works...
goes to Pagefault? is he still around? if he is and will actually get the $$ I do $50(that I can do right now)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Realord wrote:
odditude wrote:

Oh, really? Thanks for your sincere analysis.

Now, I know that:

Under development = yes
New version = FOR NEVER!!! (I really want to be wrong about this prediction, but it will only happen when the "link to new release" is available, I guess)

Yeah, yeah, where your free gamez. Give it a rest, you toolbag.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Realord wrote:Now, I know that:

Under development = yes

No problem.
Thanks for wanting to be wrong about it. :)

joe_devore wrote:$50 is doable ^_^ is the donation system running?! oooh looky the link still works...
goes to Pagefault? is he still around? if he is and will actually get the $$ I do $50(that I can do right now)
It should be, and yes, goes to pf iirc. Still around, still busy too.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

grinvader wrote:
joe_devore wrote:$50 is doable ^_^ is the donation system running?! oooh looky the link still works...
It should be, and yes, goes to pf iirc. Still around, still busy too.
OK so its DONE ^_^ ZSNES is now

$5,000.00 Richer

(loi :wink: divide that # by 100 :mrgreen: ie $50)

Note:
To PF and the other ZSNES Dev's My Eternal gratitude for all the happiness and good memories ZSNES has brought over the past 14+ years ;;^_^;;
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Probably won't matter until you can basically pay for full time+ programming work. Heh. Got about $100,000 extra income annually to spend? :p
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

paulguy wrote: Probably won't matter until you can basically pay for full time+ programming work. Heh. Got about $100,000 extra income annually to spend? :p
If I could win $600,000,000.00!! I will :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

so that's $100,000.00/dev/year?! plus a office building underground Nuke-hardened....
figure 20 dev's for a period of 10 years, so that comes to
$20,000,000.00 budget! :wink: :mrgreen: 8) :shock: :shock:

with Dimension doors so all the devs from around the world can visit this one place an still live in there home countries... ^_^
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

joe_devore wrote:
paulguy wrote: Probably won't matter until you can basically pay for full time+ programming work. Heh. Got about $100,000 extra income annually to spend? :p
If I could win $600,000,000.00!! I will :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

so that's $100,000.00/dev/year?! plus a office building underground Nuke-hardened....
figure 20 dev's for a period of 10 years, so that comes to
$20,000,000.00 budget! :wink: :mrgreen: 8) :shock: :shock:

with Dimension doors so all the devs from around the world can visit this one place an still live in there home countries... ^_^
You forgot to budget in the hookers and blow.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

Bah! I go for the SUPREME DICTATOR route! Much cheaper.

When I become the world supreme dictator, ZSNES 2.0 will be released... or else... MWA HA HA :twisted:

Any cities riot, I nuke em.
No more currency, money causes problems. You all work for me, and I will provide living arrangements, food, clothing ( for some ). The size of your house, food you eat, clothes you wear, will be based on how well you work for me. If you are worthless, you will be put down. No since in using valuable recourses on the worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh um.. err.

Vote for ME :mrgreen:
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

someone wrote:Bah! I go for the SUPREME DICTATOR route! Much cheaper.

When I become the world supreme dictator, ZSNES 2.0 will be released... or else... MWA HA HA :twisted:

Any cities riot, I nuke em.
No more currency, money causes problems. You all work for me, and I will provide living arrangements, food, clothing ( for some ). The size of your house, food you eat, clothes you wear, will be based on how well you work for me. If you are worthless, you will be put down. No since in using valuable recourses on the worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh um.. err.

Vote for ME :mrgreen:
Sorry, I already committed to Megatron.
His campaign promise to not crush his supporters into a reddish paste beneath his traction plating really struck a chord with me.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock: :?
Sessh
Rookie

Post by Sessh »

Been awhile since I've been here. The forums look great and nice to see that the team is still together.

I have used snes9x before and the record feature never worked right for me particularly the sound in recordings was horrible or didn't exist at all. For some reason, I don't mind the inaccuracies in ZSNES. I only wish it had a better recording feature, but the one it does have works well enough. I love that ZSNES is so lightweight and fast which I value over precision accuracy. Most of the time, I don't even notice the accuracy stuff. I hope that ZSNES 2.0 does not sacrifice the lightweight and speedy qualities too much. When I had my old computer, it ran ZSNES perfectly despite it being slow, old as hell and quickly degrading.
grinvader wrote:Not dead either, because that won't happen unless we do.
I was glad to read that. Can't wait for 2.0 no matter how long it takes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Thanks for the support, dood.
皆黙って俺について来い!!