A game doesn't work:( (seiken densetsu3 english version)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Noxious Ninja wrote:Wrong link.

The right one is:

http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/
Ah, I meant to type that. how unprofessional of me.
Last edited by Agozer on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Uff and I thougth that my browser was... EDIT: I can't run it! NSRT closes when I open it!
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

NSRT is a command-line tool.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

How can I open it? I open it and puff! it closes very fast! I have Windows XP Pro.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Neo Kaiser wrote:How can I open it? I open it and puff! it closes very fast! I have Windows XP Pro.
you open up the Command Prompt. If you don't know where it is, Click Start --> Run and type cmd.

A small DOS command tutorial:

cd <foldername> = goes into a specific folder.
cd\ = Go to the root folder of the drive.
cd.. = goes back to the parent folder
x: = changes drive, where x is the drive letter

So if you put NSRT in, let's say, in the directory C:\Mystuff\Nsrt
you open up the promt and type:

cd\ <enter>
cd mystuff <enter>
cd nsrt <enter>

NSRT works by typing the executalble name, followed by the options you want to use, followed by the ROM image's filename and extension.

So if you'd want info about the Mario Kart ROM you have, named Mkart.smc, you'd type nsrt mkart.smc

Note that in this case the ROM image must be in the same folder as the NSRT executable.
Last edited by Agozer on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Open it in a command prompt. As I never used XP, ask someone else, who's XP-litterate.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

To get a Command prompt, go start, run, and type "cmd" in the box without the quotes. Then press enter.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

kevman wrote:To get a Command prompt, go start, run, and type "cmd" in the box without the quotes. Then press enter.
Another way is to install Open Command Window Here from Microsoft which lets you right click on a folder to open the command window right there.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Heh. I can get my command prompt to start when Windows starts. 8)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

Register wrote:
kevman wrote:To get a Command prompt, go start, run, and type "cmd" in the box without the quotes. Then press enter.
Another way is to install Open Command Window Here from Microsoft which lets you right click on a folder to open the command window right there.
Best tool ever.

Maybe not ever.
~Bent
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

adventure_of_link wrote:Heh. I can get my command prompt to start when Windows starts. 8)
By putting a shortcut to cmd.exe in the startup folder? That would be pretty nice.

Is it possible to integrate it with the taskbar?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Register wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:Heh. I can get my command prompt to start when Windows starts. 8)
By putting a shortcut to cmd.exe in the startup folder? That would be pretty nice.
Nope. Hard coded it into the registry via Spybot S&D. Now that's a damn good tool... 8)
PS: I figured someone would ask, figured I get this answer, but, all wrong, I'm afraid. :lol:
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

kevman wrote:Huh. Looks like that site was designed to capatilize on errors like that.
A bit like http://www.zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator).com/
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

adventure_of_link wrote:
Register wrote:
Nope. Hard coded it into the registry via Spybot S&D. Now that's a damn good tool... 8)
PS: I figured someone would ask, figured I get this answer, but, all wrong, I'm afraid. :lol:
Using SpyBot is for people who don't do registry hacking.

Along those lines, is there anybody else here who doesn't like XP's file association dialog?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Noxious Ninja wrote: Using SpyBot is for people who don't do registry hacking.

Along those lines, is there anybody else here who doesn't like XP's file association dialog?
You mean the one that pops up when Windows doesn't know what the kind of file is that you clicked on? Of course I don't like it. Letting the web "service" try to find out what kind of file it is never works.

Do you use any specific tools to hack the registry? I forgot Spybot had some features of that nature, I'll have to check it out.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Register wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote: Using SpyBot is for people who don't do registry hacking.

You mean the one that pops up when Windows doesn't know what the kind of file is that you clicked on? Of course I don't like it. Letting the web "service" try to find out what kind of file it is never works.
Or hold shift, right-click, and select "open with...".
And why would you WANT Windows to guess at what it was?

Wish the box came up faster on my 2K machine, but other than that...
What's the XP box like?

Do you use any specific tools to hack the registry? I forgot Spybot had some features of that nature, I'll have to check it out.
Regedit.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Register wrote:You mean the one that pops up when Windows doesn't know what the kind of file is that you clicked on? Of course I don't like it. Letting the web "service" try to find out what kind of file it is never works.
I mean this one:

I've given up on it. For most changes, I just directly edit the registry.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Regedit.
I assumed everybody in this thread knows that. I meant to find out what tools people use other than regedit.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Register wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Regedit.
I assumed everybody in this thread knows that. I meant to find out what tools people use other than regedit.
Notepad2. To edit .reg files.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Hey thanks! It looks like just what I wanted. I don't recall seeing this one recommended before. Metapath looks interesting as well.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

I think Windows XP regedit is broke. I once tried editing the key for the recycle bin text, to make it say something else, if I wanted to do so, and it still says "Recycle Bin" on my desktop, and not what I wanted to change it to.
NSRT here.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

adventure_of_link wrote:I think Windows XP regedit is broke. I once tried editing the key for the recycle bin text, to make it say something else, if I wanted to do so, and it still says "Recycle Bin" on my desktop, and not what I wanted to change it to.
I bet you changed the wrong entry.

The proper one would be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\@C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964
Although, it seems changes to that are temporary. I imagine you would have to modify SHELL32.dll to change it permanantly. Presumeably, string table entry 8964.
Cloud Strife
Rookie

Post by Cloud Strife »

I just use "NSRTgui.exe" to save me from having to do any command line operations. I haven't taken any Computer Programming courses (yet).
"Mystery Spot: Where logic takes a break and all the laws of nature are meaningless"

-The Simpsons
DOLLS (J) [!]
ZNES Developer

Post by DOLLS (J) [!] »

Too bad, you have to know at least some 60% x86 assembler and some 75% C++ in order to understand NSRT.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Noxious Ninja wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:I think Windows XP regedit is broke. I once tried editing the key for the recycle bin text, to make it say something else, if I wanted to do so, and it still says "Recycle Bin" on my desktop, and not what I wanted to change it to.
I bet you changed the wrong entry.

The proper one would be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\@C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964
Although, it seems changes to that are temporary. I imagine you would have to modify SHELL32.dll to change it permanantly. Presumeably, string table entry 8964.
Wow, that sucks.
Anyone know of a good *.dll editor?
NSRT here.