1.41/1.42 Possible Bugs?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

1.41/1.42 Possible Bugs?

Post by Deathlike2 »

I don't know if any of this were intended, but if you could clarify, that would be appreciated.

When taking a screenshot, and have HQ4x (and possibly other filter modes enabled), the screenshot does not include the filtered output.

When taking a screenshot with transparent text enabled, the transparancy is not applied. The most obvious example is the frame rate counter. It's very visible. It may be linked to the fact when you goto the screenshot menu (via F1), the frame counter does not become transparent anymore.

When transparent text is enabled and small message text is enabled, the small message text does not become transparent. Is this intended?

When Enable Game Clock is checked, should the transparent text option affect it? It currently does not become transparent. As a side note, wouldn't it be possible to add back some of that "real estate" that the game clock takes up (especially if transparency is added into the game clock text)?

When small message text and enable fps counter is enabled, should the fps counter use the smaller font? It still uses the default (bigger font).

Edit:
Minor note to the wonderful ZSNES documentation.

In the GUI->Config Menu->Sound Section:

Sound Buffering - Enable to provide a larger sound buffer for sound cards that have problems with the sound.
Sound Buffering - Enabling this may reduce/prevent sound crackling on some computers.

I'll let you to figuring out this minor detail.
Last edited by Deathlike2 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zidanax
Rookie

Post by zidanax »

Deathlike2 wrote:When taking a screenshot, and have HQ4x (and possibly other filter modes enabled), the screenshot does not include the filtered output.

I believe this is intended. If you want a filtered screenshot and use Windows, press the Print Scrn button on your keyboard (should be next to F12). This will copy the current picture on screen to the clipboard. You can then paste the screenshot into Paint or some other picture-editing app.
Cloud Strife
Rookie

Post by Cloud Strife »

When I take screenshots, the resolution is very low. I use 1280x1024 DS, but the screenshots are only 256 x 223. What's up with that?
"Mystery Spot: Where logic takes a break and all the laws of nature are meaningless"

-The Simpsons
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Cloud Strife wrote:When I take screenshots, the resolution is very low. I use 1280x1024 DS, but the screenshots are only 256 x 223. What's up with that?
The Snes did not operate at 1280x1024. If you want filtered/larger screenshots, then use printscreen or a screen capturing application.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Deathlike2 wrote:Minor note to the wonderful ZSNES documentation.

Sound Buffering - Enable to provide a larger sound buffer for sound cards that have problems with the sound.
Sound Buffering - Enabling this may reduce/prevent sound crackling on some computers.
Ah, the indenting on this section got screwed up and I didn't notice it.

How does "Sound Buffering - Enable to provide a larger sound buffer for sound cards that have problems with the sound. This may reduce/prevent crackling noises." sound?

Clements wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:When I take screenshots, the resolution is very low. I use 1280x1024 DS, but the screenshots are only 256 x 223. What's up with that?
The Snes did not operate at 1280x1024. If you want filtered/larger screenshots, then use printscreen or a screen capturing application.
Exactly. The ZSNES screenshot function captures the SNES internal veido buffer, not the ZSNES processed video buffer.
Last edited by Noxious Ninja on Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Re: 1.41 Possible Bugs?

Post by Noxious Ninja »

EDIT: Merginated.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Noxious Ninja wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:Minor note to the wonderful ZSNES documentation.

Ah, the indenting on this section got screwed up and I didn't notice it.

How does "Sound Buffering - Enable to provide a larger sound buffer for sound cards that have problems with the sound. This may reduce/prevent crackling noises." sound?
Sounds good to me.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Noxious Ninja wrote:EDIT: Merginated.
I noticed that you didn't commit the changes to CVS, so I did it myself. :)
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

IceFox wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:EDIT: Merginated.
I noticed that you didn't commit the changes to CVS, so I did it myself. :)
I meant I merged my posts. :P
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Some of my original questions still have not been answered... if any of the developers can comment, that would still be appreciated.
When taking a screenshot with transparent text enabled, the transparancy is not applied. The most obvious example is the frame rate counter. It's very visible. It may be linked to the fact when you goto the screenshot menu (via F1), the frame counter does not become transparent anymore.

When transparent text is enabled and small message text is enabled, the small message text does not become transparent. Is this intended?

When Enable Game Clock is checked, should the transparent text option affect it? It currently does not become transparent. As a side note, wouldn't it be possible to add back some of that "real estate" that the game clock takes up (especially if transparency is added into the game clock text)?

When small message text and enable fps counter is enabled, should the fps counter use the smaller font? It still uses the default (bigger font).
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I did my own request for reclaiming the clock space. How ironic.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...