Latest version of ZSNES get it here! (v1.41)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Zophar has it now, if there are still some mirroring problems.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Annihilated wrote:Why do none of the mirrors work?
You should really point your bookmarks to http://www.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/ from now on. I don't even use the official site anymore. However, that doesn't mean that the links shouldn't be fixed.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

anewuser wrote:What? An update already?! I guess is so minor that it won´t even make it to zsnes.com frontpage...
It's up there now.

Everyone should try the links there.
anewuser wrote: Toaster support? I have been pulling my hair to know what´s that, and what does it do, my conclusion is that toaster support it´s just a myth.
Just a myth?

Need proof it's in the binary? Just get yourself upx, strings, and grep and you can see for yourself it's in ZSNES.

May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by tukuyomi »

anewuser wrote:Toaster support? I have been pulling my hair to know what´s that, and what does it do, my conclusion is that toaster support it´s just a myth.
:shock:
jdratlif
Regular

Post by jdratlif »

Nach wrote:
anewuser wrote: Toaster support? I have been pulling my hair to know what´s that, and what does it do, my conclusion is that toaster support it´s just a myth.
Just a myth?

Need proof it's in the binary? Just get yourself upx, strings, and grep and you can see for yourself it's in ZSNES.
How do we know you didn't make a special toaster binary? That screenshot could have been faked as well. :-)
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog
http://games.technoplaza.net/ - Emulation Goodies
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

jdratlif wrote:How do we know you didn't make a special toaster binary? That screenshot could have been faked as well. :-)
It's not a special build, the toaster code is in CVS.

The screen shot isn't faked. The binary holds this string. Here's proof, along with a rather big hint.

皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

jdratlif wrote:
Nach wrote:
Just a myth?

How do we know you didn't make a special toaster binary? That screenshot could have been faked as well. :-)
Get yourself those 3 progs and do what I did.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by LDAWG »

Sweet!
Good job, everyone!
jdratlif
Regular

Post by jdratlif »

Nach wrote:
jdratlif wrote:
Nach wrote:
Just a myth?

Get yourself those 3 progs and do what I did.
Sorry Nach and Grin. I thought the smiley made obvious the joke. Guess not.
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog
http://games.technoplaza.net/ - Emulation Goodies
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Good job on the new realease. Keep up the excellent work!
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
daft
Rookie

Post by daft »

Thank you pagefault, nach, ipher, icefox, and the others for this quick release. Here's to another great year of ZSNES development!
andrewd18
Rookie

Post by andrewd18 »

And for you Linuxers who are running RPM-based systems, I've updated my RPM.

Binary:
http://nextgen.no-ip.org/~andrew/rpms/z ... 1.i586.rpm

Source:
http://nextgen.no-ip.org/~andrew/rpms/z ... .1.src.rpm

~~ Andrew D.
linuxnoob@wi.rr.com
http://nextgen.no-ip.org
deathtok
Hazed

Post by deathtok »

Great to see a new release so soon! Unfortunately since the SF mirrors were not working I downloaded it from Zophar.net and the new version crashes when I tried to load anything. I thought their .zip was bad so I got it from Ipher's site and I get the same thing.

Anyone else have issues running 1.41?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

deathtok wrote: the new version crashes when I tried to load anything.
You delete your config files first?

Post by deathtok »

Nach wrote:
deathtok wrote: the new version crashes when I tried to load anything.
You delete your config files first?
Yeah that was actually the first thing i tried when it crashed. I get a windows error that wants to send information. Would any of that information be helpful? For the record, v1.40 still works flawlessly.
Annihilated
Rookie

Post by Annihilated »

The new version crashes when loading zip files. SMC files seem to work fine.
deathtok
Hazed

Post by deathtok »

Annihilated wrote:The new version crashes when loading zip files. SMC files seem to work fine.
fixes the problems here too. good call.
Hexlord
Hazed

Post by Hexlord »

Well, Nach told me to delete the config files, which I did. All the zip files loaded up properly again..

However, this meant reconfiguring every other options... some of which I have forgotten as I have never touched for months...

Must all updates require a total reconfiguration from scratch?
[i]I will cross the chasm[/i]
AspiringSquire
Born to Rule... Impatiently

Post by AspiringSquire »

Hexlord wrote:Well, Nach told me to delete the config files, which I did. All the zip files loaded up properly again..

However, this meant reconfiguring every other options... some of which I have forgotten as I have never touched for months...

Must all updates require a total reconfiguration from scratch?
As Nach stated in the Official Bug Topic, the zip-loading crashing problem occurs when Auto-IPS Patching is disabled and the zipped rom you're loading doesn't have an IPS file to go with it. So try going to the options in the GUI and enable Auto-IPS Patching. Maybe then you'll be able to keep your current config AND get to load zipped roms. :)
[url=http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3298][color=brown]My [u]NES palette[/u][/color][/url] - better colors with any emulator.

"the more you know, and the more you can do... the more you are."
- [url=http://www.danielbohman.com][color=brown][u]daniel bohman[/u][/color][/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

It takes roughly 2 minutes for me to reconfigure everything from scratch. It's now faster than ever since I can edit the Save Path from inside zsnes.

Unless you have some sort of trouble configuring your input, you'll get used to restoring your config quickly.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

You should delete your config files because otherwise you'll have ~1020 bytes at the end of the config file being set to 0 that don't exist (existed in v1.40 though).

Although you can get away now by enabling new features which are done by default, you want to do that for every release?

Post by deathtok »

AspiringSquire wrote:As Nach stated in the Official Bug Topic, the zip-loading crashing problem occurs when Auto-IPS Patching is disabled and the zipped rom you're loading doesn't have an IPS file to go with it. So try going to the options in the GUI and enable Auto-IPS Patching. Maybe then you'll be able to keep your current config AND get to load zipped roms. :)
Yeah ;) I missed that. I had heard their was a zip loading problem but I never actually ran into it until now. It was an easy fix.

Also, IMO it's not a big deal having to reconfigure ZSNES each time a new version comes out. As someone pointed out it doesn't take long.
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Noticed fixes for the ZIP problem and some code clean up with BS-X games in the CVS source.
That code cleanup fixed some ZSNES crashing when trying to load BS-X Marvelous Camp Arnold Course. Game doesn't fully start but it does in SNES9x.

The images in the CVS repository for the DOCs are corrupt though. When I try to view them from ViewCVS or by pull the source, images are determined to be corrupted.

Thanks for all the cleanup in the build process under MinGW. Works beautifully.

Thanks guys,
/Ieremiou

EDIT: I think I found a strange bug.

Seems the normal window overlayed the error window.

I just noticed that it doesn't occur in the official 1.41 release. I'm not sure why it's happening.
Last edited by ieremiou on Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

ieremiou wrote:The images in the CVS repository for the DOCs are corrupt though. When I try to view them from ViewCVS or by pull the source, images are determined to be corrupted.
Looks fine to me... both in zsnes CVS znd zsnes-docs CVS.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Noxious Ninja wrote:
ieremiou wrote:The images in the CVS repository for the DOCs are corrupt though. When I try to view them from ViewCVS or by pull the source, images are determined to be corrupted.
Looks fine to me... both in zsnes CVS znd zsnes-docs CVS.
For me it shows up as a broken image and I pulled the source from the ZSNES CVS. I just checked it two seconds ago. I'm on windows too. I checked the windows images. The zsnes icon pngs show up just fine in ViewCVS.

I just checked the ones in zsnes-docs/zsnes-docs-dev. Those are okay. The ones in zsnes-docs/zsnes-docs are corrupt and so are the ones in zsnes cvs.

/Ieremiou