Rom will not work

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

No one you know

Rom will not work

Post by No one you know »

So i know i shouldn't write it down on this poll but i don't know how to start a poll :?
I just downloaded my Zsnes for ubuntu (you know: sudo get-apt install zsnes) and started downloading some roms. I downloaded Blackthorne first and played a lil bit with it then moved on to downloading The legend of zelda (original) downloaded it moved to the right spot but when i went to star it the screen went black showed the normal texton the bottom and the i waited for a gol-darn 3 minutes or so and nothing happened i thout it was strange and downloaded a new rom (after that i deleted the old one) and it still didn't work i deleted the new rom and downloaded Godzilla monster of monsters and... you guessed it didn't work i don't know why this is happening i tried Blackthorne after that and it still worked and i notes on the botom it sayd FAILED and BAD ROM.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Rom will not work

Post by odditude »

No one you know wrote:So i know i shouldn't write it down on this poll but i don't know how to start a poll :?
post, not poll. pick "new topic" when you're NOT inside an existing one.
No one you know wrote:I just downloaded my Zsnes for ubuntu (you know: sudo get-apt install zsnes) and started downloading some roms. I downloaded Blackthorne first and played a lil bit with it then moved on to downloading The legend of zelda (original) downloaded it moved to the right spot but when i went to star it the screen went black showed the normal texton the bottom and the i waited for a gol-darn 3 minutes or so and nothing happened i thout it was strange and downloaded a new rom (after that i deleted the old one) and it still didn't work i deleted the new rom and downloaded Godzilla monster of monsters and... you guessed it didn't work i don't know why this is happening i tried Blackthorne after that and it still worked and i notes on the botom it sayd FAILED and BAD ROM.
either it's a bad ROM or it's compressed and you need to unpack it first. what's the file extension (after the dot)?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Cammygirl192
can't make up their mind

Post by Cammygirl192 »

Read: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=8408

Most ROM sites don't bother labelling the type of ROM it is, try searching in your preferred search engine:
[game title] (U) [!] and it should be fine (or instead of (U) use (E) if a [!] U dump isn't available). Avoid anything with a on it.

I can't give you the ROM myself or even link to it anywhere.
:3
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I'm late because.

>The Legend of Zelda
>Godzilla: Monster of Monsters
NES games. Shoo.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:I'm late because.

>The Legend of Zelda
NES games. Shoo.
Oh man, I missed that in his big wall of run-on sentence.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
grinvader wrote:I'm late because.

>The Legend of Zelda
NES games. Shoo.
Oh man, I missed that in his big wall of run-on sentence.
oh, that's hilarious.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.