ZSNES just keeps minimizing

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Rycross

ZSNES just keeps minimizing

Post by Rycross »

Okay, so I'm running windows 10 and it seems every few minutes my ZSNES just keeps minimizing for no good reason. How can I fix this, and if you assume that I'm a total ignoramus about how this program works and how to mess with any aspect of it you assume correctly good sir/madam I really do need to be taken by the hand here.
Rycross

Re: ZSNES just keeps minimizing

Post by Rycross »

After doing a bit of poking, it only does this when I'm in fullscreen mode and only seems to do it when I'm playing games with a lot of movement onscreen. F-zero and Final Fantasy 3 seem to be working fine without having this problem, but so far Secret of Mana, Final Fight 3, and Arcus Odyssey just randomly minimize. The game still keeps playing while it's minimized which is probably the most obnoxious thing. I've tried running ZSNES in different compatibility modes and adjusting the resolution but to no avail. Any help here would be hot.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

My first guess is that you're playing with a keyboard, and mashing a keyboard shortcut accidentally during gameplay.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Cammygirl192
can't make up their mind

Post by Cammygirl192 »

If it's been working before you switched to Windows 10, then let us know.
It wouldn't be surprising if the OS was the problem, though.
:3
Rycross

Post by Rycross »

Hey sorry for the lateness on this post, but no, I'm not playing it on a keyboard I'm using Cirka usb snes controller, so it can't be that. This is a completely new computer too so it's not like I've recently updated my OS. On my old laptop that ran windows 7 befor it's tragic demise it worked just fine. If it just hates windows 10 that's a possibility, but if I'm the only one having this issue, maybe not. I don't know my wits ended a while ago...