Dues abouts Dejap......

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

The Doug

Dues abouts Dejap......

Post by The Doug »

(My english writing is medium. I'm training.....)

Its a bad notice that DeJap its nealy stoped..... I live in Brazil, and i'm plaing Star Ocean due the efforts of the members of Dejap....

I want play Far East of Eden some day, and i hope that Dark Force may finish it soon.....

Here in Brasil there are many translate groups, but they only tranlate from english to portuguese. Here is difficult found guys that speak japanese and like snes, so we have to wait the groups of Eua or other coutries translate the japaneses roms.....

Someone knows if this year we may have DQ3 or FEOE at least in partial playable versions?

Are there other rpg games that was only released in japan that any translation group become interested? or that the most of people dont know?

Where Dark Force live? Somebody knows him personaly? He could update the site more frequently, only to speak how the projects walk.....

Well, thanks.......
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

No, no one knows when those translations are released.

Well, the problem is not that it can or can not be updated (Dejap's site) the problem is that there is nothing worth mentioning about to post it there, at this time DF is the only active member of Dejap, and he is handling other problems right now, there is a post around here where you can read his last message.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Read the "Message from DarkForce." thread for more info. Don't expect any projects to finish though.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Dark Force is pretty much hangin' up the DeJap towel. He's trying to make sure the unfinished projects fall into good hands to be finished eventually, but that's easier said than done.

He made it pretty clear, you won't be seeing anymore releases from DeJap. However, I wouldn't count Dark Force out. I'm sure he'll lend a helping hand for somet time to come for whomever takes his projects over.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
The Doug

Post by The Doug »

I read the "Message from Dark Force"..... I hope that he recovery soon....
This translates must spend much time for a single person.....

When all of this translates of DeJap and other groups have finished, what will be happen? Are there other unknows rpg games to be translated? Or the snes translates will be finished?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The Doug wrote:Are there other unknows rpg games to be translated?
There are quite many of them, but it really depends on what you mean by "unknown".
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

There are still TONS of Japanese SNES games without a translation. I'm talking HUNDREDS!

There are still a good deal of RPG's left as well.

It remains to be seen how many of them will get a translation in the future.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

There are also many other systems. There will never be the same buzz that Dejap created with Top and Star Ocean for a while, due to the difficulty (the translating) and the popularity of these games. We might have to wait for a GBA or DS Final Fantasy or something that will never be released outside of Japan to see this kind of excitement again.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Stomping Nitrofish wrote:We might have to wait for a GBA or DS Final Fantasy or something that will never be released outside of Japan to see this kind of excitement again.
Wait for a game ? There are already some badass GBA japan-only games in the works.

Does 'Tales of the World' ring a bell ? That's 3 games to translate already (narikiri dungeon 2, 3 and sumoline).
Add Magical Vacation, Black Matrix Zero, and you're set for some years of hacking.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

What I would give to get Black Matrix Zero translated...
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Quite frankly, I am suprised that the Final Fantasy VI re-translation by RPGONE isn't getting more attention than it is. I can remember in the nineties, when many of the fans of FFIII(US) were complaining about how much was removed from its Japanese counterpart. Where are they now?

Speaking of RPGONE, I just noticed that Nightcrawler and company are translating Chou-Mahou Tairiku Wozz. The game seems interesting, judging from the screenshots.

DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Syvalion wrote:Quite frankly, I am suprised that the Final Fantasy VI re-translation by RPGONE isn't getting more attention than it is. I can remember in the nineties, when many of the fans of FFIII(US) were complaining about how much was removed from its Japanese counterpart. Where are they now?
Perhaps they read Tomato's article about Ted Woosley and his localizations and finally decided to stop complaining about it.

...I wish...
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Are you saying you think Woolsey's is good?

I think I have read that article. It pretty much said what I already thought.

I think they are attemping several asm hacks that will improve things not related to the language translation.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Syvalion wrote:Are you saying you think Woolsey's is good?
While I wasn't trying to say that I personally thought he was good, yes, I think he was pretty good at what he did (Jurassic Pork aside).

Syvalion wrote: I think I have read that article. It pretty much said what I already thought.

I think they are attemping several asm hacks that will improve things not related to the language translation.
I'm not saying that what RPGONE is doing is stupid (I applaud them for what they are doing). That article (and my post) was more in reference to your mentioning the legion of FFIII fans who were complaining about the translation.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

I absolutely agree.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

DarkDragoon wrote:
Syvalion wrote:Quite frankly, I am suprised that the Final Fantasy VI re-translation by RPGONE isn't getting more attention than it is. I can remember in the nineties, when many of the fans of FFIII(US) were complaining about how much was removed from its Japanese counterpart. Where are they now?
Perhaps they read Tomato's article about Ted Woosley and his localizations and finally decided to stop complaining about it.

...I wish...
I interupt the flow of this thread to say the following:

Tomato is worthy of worship for that article. It's almost errie how completely right he is.

I myself STILL don't give a damn about what was removed or edited. Imagine that. Bleh. Some people...
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

Agozer wrote:
There are quite many of them, but it really depends on what you mean by "unknown".
What I don't get is that I'm on the verge of releasing #50, and there are still people who're all like DeJap, YO! and have -never- heard of my website.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Cidolfas
Hazed

Post by Cidolfas »

Because DeJap goes for all the big famous games, and you like sticking to the games that nobody has ever heard of. 8p
The Doug

Post by The Doug »

Louis Cypher wrote:
Agozer wrote:
What I don't get is that I'm on the verge of releasing #50, and there are still people who're all like DeJap, YO! and have -never- heard of my website.
I knew your website...... congratulations......
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Cidolfas wrote:Because DeJap goes for all the big famous games, and you like sticking to the games that nobody has ever heard of. 8p
I thought the only reason those games are famous is because Dejap translated them.

Or because Dejap seems to only aim for the hardest games possible to translate. Going out and finding some rare game with a crazy coproccessor and RE the thing like FEoEZ/SPC7110, just so you can play it, let alone translate it. Seriously, what are you people thinking? :P
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by grinvader »

Louis Cypher wrote:
Agozer wrote:
#50 ? Congrats !!
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Hexlord
Hazed

Post by Hexlord »

Louis Cypher wrote:
Ah, so you gotta be Gideon... excuse me if I didn't notice this beforehand...
[i]I will cross the chasm[/i]
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

DarkDragoon wrote:Perhaps they read Tomato's article about Ted Woosley and his localizations and finally decided to stop complaining about it.

...I wish...
Holy crap, I forgot all about that article. I really should maybe update it sometime, I'm actually a professional game translator (among other things) now so that should give me some more credibility. I wonder if he like ever Googled his own name and found that article :lol:
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

So you're a professional now! When did this happen, Tomato? Way to go!
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

Um well I've been translating anime and that junk for almost 2 and a half years now and also I started doing games this last fall. I tell ya though, Woolsey did one heck of a job given his time constraints. I've had similar situations and nearly went crazy and almost decided to quit a few times :wink: