dejap translation for tales of phantasia on the sony?

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

cless6

dejap translation for tales of phantasia on the sony?

Post by cless6 »

i was wondering if you madcats at dejap have ever considered or tried starting a translation patch for the sony playstation version of tales of phantasia as i have finally acquired the image and cannot read japanese :P SIIICK so yerE get back to me on this weneva you can, thanx 4 ur time, piece :D
The Good Die Young
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I really hope he meant 'peace'.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Agozer wrote:I really hope he meant 'peace'.
Heh.

On a related topic. Regarding the PSX translation of Tales of Phantasia, they were opposed to using Dejap's translation due to massive differences in the script. Also it seems, they havent really got anywhere in the means of hacking yet either. He did make up some screens on how it could/would look like when they get that far. But, if I remember right, a few people mistook thse for progress shots. Correct me if I am wrong (in most cases I am).
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

No.. Cless was able to do a good deal of hacking work on the PSX version. I believe the latest screenshots that were posted were real screenshots. Not too long ago there were several breakthroughs after a long haitus, but it seems things have slowed down again. These things happen for us productive members of society(or so the government tells me) who spend most of our lives working. ;)
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Ahh thanks, I figured I was way off. I prolly havent been there in a while. I have played the japanese version to an extent, seems to add more to an already awesome game. I'm glad I'm not a productive member of society. Heh.
Carnivol
Rookie

Post by Carnivol »

The pictures posted on the board in a seperate mock-up thread was... surprise... mock-ups...

While those posted on the main page earlier are real ones.

The biggest issue with the game progress is the lack of (presense?) a person familiar with (let's quote Cless)

*Random guy asking if he can help*
Unless you're skilled at MIPS R3000A assembly and familiar with the PSX hardware, not really.

Anyway, as time goes by, they've released a subbed version of the first episode of the Tales of Phantasia OVA and they're working on the 2nd ep now. (and a v2 of ep1 should be out soon too, I suppose)
~empty zig space for rent~
Johnny_EX

Post by Johnny_EX »

Also, the fact that that link gives me a 404 error can't be good. Guess we'd be beter off just learning Japanese...
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

The link's dead 'cuz the site layout was recently overhauled. If anything, it's a good thing.

Yeesh, can't these people be arsed to do a _tiny_ bit of work instead of just blindly clicking a link and immediately going all Chicken Little when it doesn't work? >_<
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Louis Cypher wrote:The link's dead 'cuz the site layout was recently overhauled. If anything, it's a good thing.

Yeesh, can't these people be arsed to do a _tiny_ bit of work instead of just blindly clicking a link and immediately going all Chicken Little when it doesn't work? >_<
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!! We're all going to die!!
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

This should the right page now.
http://www.tales-cless.org/?page=tales
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform