Zsnes won't read older savestates, battery saves, patches.

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

blackmyst
Zealot

Zsnes won't read older savestates, battery saves, patches.

Post by blackmyst »

I think this is a problem on my side because surely otherwise I would've seen twenty threads about it already. I don't know where else to put this though.

The latest WIP won't read any savestates, battery saves or ips patches anymore. It's as if the files aren't there. I don't know what version had this problem occuring first, because I haven't really played any games more than 5 minutes at a time since 1.40 was released.

So far I've tried deleting the config files, checking whether the rom and zst/srm/ips names matched perfectly, checking whether they were marked read only (although that shouldn't have any influence on reading them?), I've tried redownloading the latest WIP altogether, I've tried downloading a new rom + ips patch (Bahamut Lagoon (J) [!], and Dejap's patch, and it didn't work) and I've also tried to just make some new savestates and battery saves, and Zsnes would read those, but that doesn't solve the ips problem. And my old saves (both states and sram) are still gone.

Oh and, I'm on win2k, in case you wanna know.

Any takers? :|
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Do you have the stuff in separated folders? try putting them all together, that's all I can thing of. :?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Nope, it's all in one big folder. :?

Oh and before anyone asks, yes, I used the emulator patch, not the copier patch.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Is the save path pointing to the correct location?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by blackmyst »

Ah. Don't I feel stupid. Yeah, that was it.

Although, the reason the savepath was blank was because of me deleting the config files trying to counter the problem in the first place. And it's always pointed to the right directory before, there wasn't any reason for me to change it.

Doesn't matter now though. Thanks.
Flash

Post by Flash »

i have same problem - i hape .ips files in save directory (for example /mnt/dos_f/Emulators/SNES/save ) but when i start game emulator doesn't load ips file - Bahamut Lagoon still japanese. If ips in rom directory it works, but roms and patches in same directory - not quite good idea for some reasons.

P.S. Feature request - patches directory support. It will be very good idea to use separate directory for patches.
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

The IPS patches should be on the ROM directory for now. And remember, you need to follow your patch's instructions to get it to work on Zsnes' softpatch.
B R O K E N .
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You should have no problems putting the IPS patches in the "SAVE" directory that you should have defined.. (the save directory is where all the .srm and .zst files go, it also needs to be defined...)

You also may want to try deleting the .dat+.cfg files in your ZSNES directory and run ZSNES again (and then change the directory save patch in the .cfg file afterwards)
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Don't spread wrong info:

DOS - Win ports -> put your IPS files in the Save directory.
SDL port -> put your IPS files in the ROM directory.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

Well, What I said is based on my own experience =)
B R O K E N .
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Mexandrew wrote:Well, What I said is based on my own experience =)
Does your experience include setting your save path to be the same as your ROM path?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.