Help me with my game loading problem PLEASE!

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Christy

Help me with my game loading problem PLEASE!

Post by Christy »

Every time I load a game the credits show up, but then all I get is a black screen. Does it take a while to load, or is it the ROM/emulator that's rotten?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

*Ahem* What game are we talking about here?

Post the NSRT info of yuor rom image please.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

i think she means that she's getting the header info for the rom, but a blank screen. 99.999% sure that the ROM she's trying to load is a bad dump.

Christy:
go find another copy of the rom, or dump it again using that original cartridge , snes, and copier im SURE you have.
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
Christy

Post by Christy »

Let me elaborate... *clears throat*

The game is Chrono Trigger, I got it from some site. I've downloaded the same game multiple times from different sites, and I get the same result with all of them. I load, find the ROM, and load it. Instead of running the game I just get a black screen. No offense implied, but how much more detailed can I get? Somebody IM me or something.

MSN: cdanders316@hotmail.com
YIM: christy_extreme_fangirl
AIM: Aphrodite31690

Rom removed by Kevman - Don't do it again.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Some advice Christy...
1. Don't post ROM sites on this board. It's the first rule in the board rules.
2. Don't post your e-mail address on the board, all replies are board-only, unless you want unwanted evils in your inbox.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Rom appears good (might want to edit the link out).

Black screen could be a number of things (that's why it helps to state your PC specs, Windows version etc. to pinpoint the problem, otherwise you'll only get general advice).

First, I'd make sure I'm using the latest WIP from ipher's site. Then I'd delete both config files and then try running it again. Then, I'd try editing the config file to a different resolution or pressing Alt+Enter to switch between Fullscreen and Windowed. Then I'd make sure my DirectX install is up to date and working properly by using the diagnostic tests in dxdiag, then I'd download appropriate drivers for my video card, normally the latest version is best. I'd check if other DirectX games or emulators that use DirectX 8.0+ (eg. Kega, various N64 plugins) work. I'd also unzip the rom, but ZSNES should be able to read the zip anyway.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Q: Why do I get a black (or corrupted) box when I start up ZSNESw? A: Try pressing Alt+Enter to switch to fullscreen. Also make sure that you have the latest video card drivers and the latest version of DirectX installed (see above question). If that didn't help, check your desktop color settings and make sure that the number of colors is set to either 16-bit or 32-bit (since ZSNESw will only work with those modes).
See if this helps. :)

EDIT: Whoops, Clements beat me. :P
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Christy wrote:Let me elaborate... *clears throat*

The game is Chrono Trigger, I got it from some site. I've downloaded the same game multiple times from different sites, and I get the same result with all of them. I load, find the ROM, and load it. Instead of running the game I just get a black screen. No offense implied, but how much more detailed can I get? Somebody IM me or something.

MSN: cdanders316@hotmail.com
YIM: christy_extreme_fangirl
AIM: Aphrodite31690
Well just post the displayed info of your ROM. ZSNES create a text file next to where you opened your ROM.

EDIT: ROM removed from quote
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!