Problem with ZSNES on Win2k

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ellanel

Problem with ZSNES on Win2k

Post by ellanel »

Greetings, I have Win2k with Sp4, DirectX 9.0 and the newest detonators for Nvidia Cards.When I run any game using Zsnes it crashes.it displays ony basic informations about game.I've tried other versions of Zsnes but in every case it apears to be the same problem.What should I do? Please help me. :(

P.S I remember that i haven't got problem of this kinf on WinXp but i don't want to change my OS. :(
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

The fact that you are running 2K doesn't mean anything. I run 2K.

Define "crash." When does it crash? When you load a ROM? If so, it is likely the ROm you are trying to load. Make sure its actually an SNES ROM and user nsrt to ensure that it is OK. If NSRT rejects the ROM, get another one.

Otherwise, let us know how and when it crashes.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
ellanel

Post by ellanel »

kevman, thank you very much for fast reply. ZSNES always crashes when I load a rom.When I click the button LOAD ZSNES shows information what kind of rom is this etc, you know what I'm tallking about.After one second it doesen't respond at all.I have to make magic combination Ctrl+Alt+Del :( I have whole Snes ROMset and this problem aplies for all roms I posses.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Have you upgraded Zsnes recently? If so, then delete Zsnes's config files, which are in the same dir as Zsnes. Then, double check to make sure that you have write access to the saves directory that you have set up.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
ellanel

Post by ellanel »

Well, I have version 1.42 and this is my first Zsnes on this OS so I Don't have to update it.
I pasted screenshot from my Zsnes.As you can see there is a logo of company which created game(Front Mission (V1.0) (J).smc) and when you see this screenshot Zsnes doesn't respond(I cannot move mouse cursor as well).maybe there is a problem with DirectX?? I use DirectX 9.0c and zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) requires DirectX 8.0

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Does every game do this, or just Front Mission?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I had to remove a header from the Front Mission patch recently to get it to work. If your rom has no header, then use IPS.exe bundled with NSRT to remove the header from the patch.
ellanel

Post by ellanel »

I have the same problem with every rom. I have just discovered, that sometimes game runs but it crashes in may different moments for instance in game menu or after a while when we see a game logo.I have also noticed, that sometimes game runs for a while then it crashes and not long afterwards it starts to work->> and finaly crashes for good.

I pasted other image this time this is a International_Superstar_Soccer_Deluxe_(U).zip.As yo can see game has crashed when Konami's logo appeared.

ellanel

Post by ellanel »

I'm sorry Clements but I don't know what you are talking about.I don't know about deeper things connected with emulation of SNES.I have IPSwin patcher and that's it.I don't think it'll help because in such case I have to change/hack every rom from my GOodSnes ROMset.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Get NSRT from http://nsrt.edgeemu.com an d scan your rom images with that. Some translation patches require you to add or removed the header from the rom before it works with the translation.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

if his problem is with EVERY rom he has, i doubt the patches for only a few games are the thing to blame.

also, this is a SERIOUS problem, and the first reported one of its kind. i would assume this is a problem with his computer, and not zsnes. maybe, however, zsnes isnt getting along with a utility he has installed.
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]

Post by Guest »

I've noticed zsnes crashes back to windblows when I turn off MMX support in Config/Options.....hero.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Don't disable MMX. You'd only want to do that if you don't have a MMX-compliant cpu, which is already detected on startup. Really. We should get rid of this option.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Think of the poor DOS users running ZSNES on their 486DX2-50s!
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Noxious Ninja wrote:Think of the poor DOS users running ZSNES on their 486DX2-50s!
Since it doesn't have MMX, it's disabled by default.

This option is only for those who want not to use MMX when they can - which is stupid to begin with, unles their CPU is broken or something.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

grinvader wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:Think of the poor DOS users running ZSNES on their 486DX2-50s!
Since it doesn't have MMX, it's disabled by default.

This option is only for those who want not to use MMX when they can - which is stupid to begin with, unles their CPU is broken or something.
My guess is that it's for testing purposes to make sure new changes work MMX free.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by AspiringSquire »

grinvader wrote:Don't disable MMX. You'd only want to do that if you don't have a MMX-compliant cpu, which is already detected on startup. Really. We should get rid of this option.
The DOS version of ZSNES doesn't seem to automatically/correctly detect the non-MMX capabilities of my old PC. It can't switch to a VESA2 mode until MMX is disabled—manually.

So, in my estimation, the option definitely should not be removed. Thank you.
[url=http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3298][color=brown]My [u]NES palette[/u][/color][/url] - better colors with any emulator.

"the more you know, and the more you can do... the more you are."
- [url=http://www.danielbohman.com][color=brown][u]daniel bohman[/u][/color][/url]

Post by Guest »

Yes I also agree MMX option should stay,last thing you want to do is make zsnes less compatible.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Controlled Force wrote:Yes I also agree MMX option should stay,last thing you want to do is make zsnes less compatible.
You didn't understand a single thing here, did you ?
This option doesn't increase compatibility, it's just here to test non-mmx code on mmx-capable machines.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

then maybe take it out and add a cl switch?
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
Jonas Quinn
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Jonas Quinn »

There is already a command line switch available.

Therefore the GUI option should be removed.

Post by Guest »

grinvader wrote:
Controlled Force wrote:Yes I also agree MMX option should stay,last thing you want to do is make zsnes less compatible.
You didn't understand a single thing here, did you ?
This option doesn't increase compatibility, it's just here to test non-mmx code on mmx-capable machines.
well in that case it sure does a lousy job of testing since it crashes every single time.