NTSC games at 50 fps

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Seth Garamonde

NTSC games at 50 fps

Post by Seth Garamonde »

Hi

I have a weird problem. When I activate the Triple Buffer, the NTSC games (or PAL games forced to NTSC) runs in 50/60 fps as I can see in the fps counter of the ZSNES. I use 1280x1024 100hz with HQ4x, but I tested disabling the filters, changing the refresh and the resolutions, and only obtain 60/60 when I disable the TB.
I have a Nvidia Geforce 6600GT with the last drivers and the Vsync is "aplication controlled" in Forceware options.

I tested several games and several Zsnes versions and I obtain this problem.

Thanks for your time and sorry my weird english, I am from Spain and need some practice.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Its actually pretty good English...

Do the games seem slower?

More importantly, what is the refresh rate of your monitor? Is it 50?
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

The games seems to be good. That is a point I don't understand. The refresh I was using is 100hz but I tested it with 60, 120, 85, and diferent resolutions.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

"I use 1280x1024 100hz with HQ4x"

Try disabling VSync and letting TB enabled. Also, remove HQ4x for any kind of FPS test - HQ4x can really eat on your FPS.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

I tried this too. the question is, using 1280x1024, 1024x768 in any rate, using HQ or not, using or not vsync, while TB is active, I obtain constant 50/60fps. This is not a problem of CPU, I have a AMD 64 Processor. When I disable TB, using HQ4x in 1280x1024 at 100hz, I obtain constant 60/60 fps. Why enabling TB reduces constant 10 frames in all games? I don't understand. In PAL games I obtain 50/50 instead of using TB.
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

Hmm, you should try ipher's ZSNES build for 64 bit processors. You can find it on http://www.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/filess.php
B R O K E N .
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Mexandrew wrote:Hmm, you should try ipher's ZSNES build for 64 bit processors. You can find it on http://www.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/filess.php
Yeah, but it's severely outdated, even for a WIP.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

Nop. I tested the X64 version. Some errores but the same error. I obtain 50/60 fps when I use TB.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Agozer wrote:
Mexandrew wrote:Hmm, you should try ipher's ZSNES build for 64 bit processors. You can find it on http://www.ipherswipsite.com/zsnes/filess.php
Yeah, but it's severely outdated, even for a WIP.
If all it takes to make a 64 bit build is compile with YASM, then here is a new (unofficial) one based off of the latest CVS.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37R5 ... LGWQSAURAT

Disclaimer: I'm not offering support for this, try at your own risk.

EDIT: Replaced with yousendit link.
Last edited by xamenus on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

Tested. I obtain the same results. I obtain 50/60 fps when using TB in NTSC games.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I can't even get HQxx filters to run smooth with any options.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Probably a driver problem. I can run NTSC games at 60/60 fps with TB activated with any filter.
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

Do you know what Forceware options could affect in some way to TB? instead to Zsnes in any way?
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

I found It!!!. In Nview options, you must assign one screen. If you select clone screen, my system generates this error. I now have TB with 60/60 fps. Thanks for all pals :)
Seth Garamonde

Post by Seth Garamonde »

I was thinking in that problem. I am from Spain. Here we use PAL systems and we have Nview configured to make output in the same way. When TB is active and Nview too, the system tries to mantain the output of 50 to maintain the PAL standard.

In any case, I hope this could help someone.

Bye Friends