Where did my pixellation go?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

DarkBenny wrote:
lord alpha wrote:I still have a Voodoo 3 3000 with a whopping 16mb of VRAM. Has S-video out too.
I remember that one was a touch faster than my Diamond TNT2 ultra, but with poorer image quality.

What ever happend to 3dfx and the Voodoo line?
You should've looked at my post. :(
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

The Giver wrote:
Curunir wrote:Yes, it does work.
But that windowsize is... tiny!

I can't understand why any other DR mode won't stay pixellated :|
Video card drivers.
Bingo. Most video cards made in the past 5 years have their own default interpolation layer. With my shitty old one I have the option of every type of filter there is literally, and if I turn them all off I still have it smudged kind of like zsnes' interpolation. The way to get around this is to use the system RAM instead of the video card RAM. I noticed that because when I started using windows XP, graphics on Snes9x turned shitty all of the sudden and I discovered it was because it was using system RAM... why I don't know.

EDIT: I was using snes9x because it had better sound in certain areas of Chrono Trigger like Hecran's cave. Has that issue with Zsnes been resolved yet?
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

snkcube wrote:
DarkBenny wrote:
lord alpha wrote:I still have a Voodoo 3 3000 with a whopping 16mb of VRAM. Has S-video out too.
I remember that one was a touch faster than my Diamond TNT2 ultra, but with poorer image quality.

What ever happend to 3dfx and the Voodoo line?
You should've looked at my post. :(
Im sorry.
bringing Zsnes back
Hexlord
Hazed

Post by Hexlord »

Esturk wrote:Voodoo cards are great for not blurring anything. I have a Voodoo 3 and a Voodoo 5 and neither blur anything at any resolution.:D
My Voodoo 5 died last year :( :( :(
[i]I will cross the chasm[/i]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

FireKnight wrote:EDIT: I was using snes9x because it had better sound in certain areas of Chrono Trigger like Hecran's cave. Has that issue with Zsnes been resolved yet?
I don't think the Square Rape is fixed yet.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

I have the same problem. I think that I can only see the pixellation at 640*480 DR or something. I have a 9200 Radeon and I had the same problem with my Rage Pro.