Anyone have a need for ZSNES v0.390 circa April 1998 ?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

blackmyst wrote:
Bahamut_ZERO_939 wrote:that guy who took over was some kind of maniacal sadist about purified emulation and having everything like the original SNES console... even if it made things broken as crap stinks.
You do realise that Zsnes does the same, right? They've pretty much gotten rid of all the hacks lately, leaving some things "broken".
He always seemed a bit of an extremist though.. A little too passionate about his work, I guess? Dunno, but it came off quite ass-like to me, even if he did have a point buried in his rantings.

Well, assuming I am thinking of the same fellow here..
FirebrandX wrote:I can tell the difference between 32 and 44.1. 32 sounds a bit more "muffled". I havn't really been able to notice any difference in quality to 48, so I stick with 44.1
Same here, actually. I used to use 48 exclusively, but when I realized that 32 was more accurate, I switched to that.

The difference is pretty noticable to me, but there is hardly any leap from 44.1 to 48, as Firebrand stated, so it hardly matters there..
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

Hearing a difference of 48000Hz and a lower one depends if the sound card can even use that sample rate and if ZSNES is using a actuall 48000Hz sample rate.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

When the original hardwrae actually generates sound with a much lower sample rate, it's just like trying to do the same with a sound editor for a recorded phone conversation.
_-|-_