How about this one?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

nashmanzl
Rookie

How about this one?

Post by nashmanzl »

I have recently bought an "act labs" usb pc light gun. What would you think about creating more compatibility for this device? (Metal combat, bazooka blitzkreig...etc.) It almost works now when enabling super scope or lethal weapon gun add-ons. The gun manufacturer faq didn't assist me with regard to zsnes compatibility.

Pretty please? :D
"Profanity is the failed attempt of a feeble mind to make a forceful statement...but I don't give a fuck."
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

If us devs owned one, perhaps we can do something about it.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Sooo...

Post by nashmanzl »

Are you willing to spend the $80.00 for one? ($91.00 w/ shipping from BC)
"Profanity is the failed attempt of a feeble mind to make a forceful statement...but I don't give a fuck."
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

If someone donated one, then the devs may have a look.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

nashmanzl wrote:Are you willing to spend the $80.00 for one? ($91.00 w/ shipping from BC)
Don't be nieve, you're gonna have to spend for them.. not the other way around...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Surely there must be some app around that will convert lightgun shots to mouse clicks?
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
nashmanzl
Rookie

Of course...

Post by nashmanzl »

Yeah...I thought about that afterward, I started thinking about paying all the shipping to let one of you guys use mine, rather than buy another one... :oops:
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

what the heck is going on here
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The board is fucked up, that's what.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

adventure_of_link wrote:what the heck is going on here
Next time, instead of asking, just fix it.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by adventure_of_link »

Nach: I would, except the last time I fixed a double post (which was mine in the tech talk forum, cyrus's onboard sound thread) the thread went up in smoke in the process. I SWEAR, I only deleted my double post.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
nashmanzl
Rookie

repeat-a-post

Post by nashmanzl »

I think the problem was me guys. When I tried to post that last one, I came up with an error (debug mode?) so I was hitting the back button, re-posting, getting the error, and repeating those actions about 8-10 times. Before I knew it, I had posted the last comment repeatedly.
nashmanzl
Rookie

Did it again...

Post by nashmanzl »

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back
nashmanzl
Rookie

Post by nashmanzl »

blackmyst wrote:Surely there must be some app around that will convert lightgun shots to mouse clicks?

This gun moves your mouse cursor around on your desktop and can open icons that require one click (when you pull the trigger). Also works in mame and fce ultra (nes em)
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Try going to Misc->Gui Options and click on "Use Joypad 1". Also, make sure you're using the latest version of ZSNES.

P.S. - Next time, don't triple post.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
nashmanzl
Rookie

Post by nashmanzl »

snkcube wrote:Try going to Misc->Gui Options and click on "Use Joypad 1". Also, make sure you're using the latest version of ZSNES.

P.S. - Next time, don't triple post.
I have v1.42. I tried this with no progress, thanks though. It seems as though the difference in my screen's res and the zsnes window are somehow not compensated for when I calibrate my gun. I use one of the full screen modes, and I have tried matching zsnes res w/ windows (xp home) res without results. The gun just won't pickup the mouse cursor provided when the "super scope enabling" feature is active. It fires, but erratically, only occasionally hitting within the field of play. Is there any other information you might be able to gather from the Act labs website with regard to how thier gun works?
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I would recommend running zsnes full screen at the same res as your desktop. best odds are it only working in full screen mode. since you pry can't or won't, yer next option would be to calibrate your gun to the screen res that zsnes uses when in full screen mode. maybe set your monitor to a tiny ass res like 640x480 and calibrate it. due to the small amount of games that use the super scope, and the even smaller amount of people who would use your light gun for this purpose, your best bet is to figure it out yourself, and if you can't, then it wasn't meant to be :cry:
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

They send me an SDK which was simply the usermanual on a burnt CD. This sis not help me out. Anyone know where I can go for read hardware to develop with it?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

pagefault wrote:This sis not help me out.
Eh?

Btw, do you happen to know wtf is happening with the ZSNES site pagefault?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Deathlike2 wrote: Btw, do you happen to know wtf is happening with the ZSNES site pagefault?
_Demo_ is the person who knows.

I was here right were the site went from normal to nuts, my guess is someone screwed something up server side.

Post by kieran_ »

Yesterday...
I was browsing here and on emuforums.
Both went apeshit at the same time.
That is one fucked server.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Being that we're on the same server, some skew in the system regarding databases will affect both of us.

Re: ...

Post by snkcube »

Crystatic wrote:Im also getting A debug error trying to post, I can't post A new topic.
Yeah, everyone is getting the same problem. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

so the error Crystatic talked about is to do with making a new topic? and has nothing to do with posting replies? if so then it must have been hard to get the message out that this error was occuring.

EDIT: Monday, 6th February 2006 - forums appear to be working again so yay...
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64