Top Gear 3000

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

You can't netplay or use savestates or reset the DSP-4 yet.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by FistOfFury »

ok.
Project Nemesis

Post by Project Nemesis »

I understand that DSP 4 games (are there any others besides TG3k?) being functional is still a work in progress but I'd thought I'd mention a bug in case it helps.

In TG3k, whenever you select the "Attractor" item in a race, the game freezes. The music continues like normal and you can navigate the emulator menus but the game itself freezes. This happened in the 2 player mode. I haven't tried it in 1, 3, or 4 player mode.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

snkcube wrote:
Sferics wrote:thunderthighs

EDIT: Damn, guess it's not around anymore.
You could of previewed the post. Oh well. :lol:
Actually, I think the filter was removed some time ago. My post was more so a test than anything else. And the original post was on the old board, anyway.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Project Nemesis wrote:I understand that DSP 4 games (are there any others besides TG3k?) being functional is still a work in progress but I'd thought I'd mention a bug in case it helps.

In TG3k, whenever you select the "Attractor" item in a race, the game freezes. The music continues like normal and you can navigate the emulator menus but the game itself freezes. This happened in the 2 player mode. I haven't tried it in 1, 3, or 4 player mode.
I'm pretty sure this will be gone as the devs improve the DSP-4.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Project Nemesis wrote:are there any others besides TG3k?
Nope.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Project Nemesis wrote: In TG3k, whenever you select the "Attractor" item in a race, the game freezes.
Can you explain to me how to do this? It will help me narrow down why.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Project Nemesis »

Nach wrote:Can you explain to me how to do this? It will help me narrow down why.
I was playing the 2 player championship mode with my brother. As you progress through the game, new items become available in addition to the default ones you can buy from the start. When the "Attractor" became available, I bought it right away. In the next race, I cycled to the attractor (the nitro boost is selected by default) and the game froze on me.

Not sure if this matters or not but when I tried to reload the save state, nothing happened. The screen just remained black. I had to exit zsnes, restart it and the save state worked after that. Other than that, I had no problems using save states with tg3k like someone else had mentioned.

I could send you the save state if you want. Once you start the race just cycle to the attractor and it should freeze. Unless it's some kind of system specific bug?
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Nach,

Enter this passcode:

?9H4 3FPD 10P3 CX3Z VS8

(Without formatting):
?9H4 3FPD 10P3 CX3Z VS8

Purchase an "attractor"

To use it in the race, press "R" until the indicator near the top right points to the red box, and there's a red "A" in the lower right corner. The game will be frozen at this point.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Okay, thank you.
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Project Nemesis wrote:Other than that, I had no problems using save states with tg3k like someone else had mentioned.
Save states when the DSP-4 is in use will not work. If you save in the menu when the DSP-4 isn't used, that shouldn't be a problem.

Post by Dreamer_Nom »

[quote]

Thanks for the report.

[code]
(line 1203)

// check for valid sprite header

header = raster;

header >>= 8;

if (header != 0x20 &&

header != 0x2e && // add this check for 'attractor' sprite
[/code]

You can save state in-game if its paused first.

[/quote]