VBA-M

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Yep, the link was wrong also.

Proper link is here
:
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

blargg wrote:
(don't click on that link,but copy-paste the url in your browser's URLbar and hit ENTER.The board's software isn't capable of creating links with such URL syntax)
Yes it is, you just have to encode the URL properly.
I mean there's no way to do it from the editbox with the built-in tools,forcing you to use external encoders or tiny URLs for simple stuff like that :)
It doesn't matter which route you choose,both take you to the same place :)
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

you can manually add the [url] tags for such links to make it work.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

franpa wrote:you can manually add the [url] tags for such links to make it work.
and the franpa alerts seem to be flying today people...

Encasing the URL tags doesn't help at all, it'll display the url tags around the URL. you will need to just encode the URL properly, or if you have *some* control of the server, rename the files and reconfigure your page script(s).

Seriously. JUST. STOP. FUCKING. TRYING.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Or just be smart and do as I did, instead of clicking the link, just copy and paste it.

Is it really so hard?

Or are people here to brain damaged to figure out what's part of the URL and what isn't?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by blargg »

Or just be smart and do as I did, instead of clicking the link, just copy and paste it. Is it really so hard? Or are people here to brain damaged to figure out what's part of the URL and what isn't?
People prefer clickable links, that's all. Why not discuss how to use them to their fullest?
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

adventure_of_link wrote:Seriously. JUST. STOP. FUCKING. TRYING.
franpa has fleeting moments of lucidity: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 859#158859
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

franpa has fleeting moments of lucidity: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 859#158859
Mmmmhm, I noticed that since my short time on here...

Anyways, in more related news, several Linux SDL updates to do with OpenGL & Debian Linux are commited. Also, bgKu made a Debian package for VBA-M, which is here

And another thing: DirectDraw support in the Windows MFC port is now obsolete and removed in the newest SVN revisions (will make x86 compiles ASAP).
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I experimented for the hell of it, and almost got it to run. Whatever was causing the problem I was having(windows claiming the file was corrupt) was fixed in SVN compiled version 301. However, it needs d3dx9_36.dll to run, and Windows ME can't run it.

Just thought you might be curious, mudlord. I'm not asking for a fix or anything like that.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

You could try downloading the missing D3DX DLL here
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Thank you for the help, but I already tried that. You see, that DLL will not work on ME. Oh, well.

Thanks anyway.
spacy51
VBA Ex-developer
VBA Ex-developer

Post by spacy51 »

You could try to compile VBA-M with the NO_D3D switch in order to elimate the need for DirectX9 and then #define WINVER to the value for WinME.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Thanks for the idea. I tried to compile it(Just to see if I could) without any changes, but it requires some files... It will take a while to learn all this. :oops:

*Goes off in search of online tutorials...*
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Sorry for the double post, but I thought you might want to know this... bountysource is down.
spacy51
VBA Ex-developer
VBA Ex-developer

Special Windows ME build

Post by spacy51 »

I made a special Windows ME build just for you :wink:

I just let out Direct3D and targeted towards WinME as minimum. I tried it for Win98, but this would require removements of some newer controls.

If I'm not mistaken, DirectX8 should be enough for this build, as DirectInput and DirectSound use v8 interfaces. OpenAL support is also there (I hope the runtime is supported on ME). OpenGL should work of course.

This is a special build, so I will not put it on the official file server.

http://spacy51.sp.funpic.de/VisualBoyAdvanceME.7z
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

OMG thank you so much!

I was willing to do it myself(Would have taken awhile.. I know nothing about compiling), but this helps so much.

and yes, Open Al does work. I installed that driver thinking the lack of it might have been what was causing the errors about a week and a half ago.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

and yes, Open Al does work. I installed that driver thinking the lack of it might have been what was causing the errors about a week and a half ago.
Good to see OpenAL working well for you.

Speaking of which, I did some major OpenGL bugfixing which might be helpful for you. I'll compile a build for you, if you want, along with the normal x86 and x64 compiles 8)
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

mudlord wrote:
Good to see OpenAL working well for you.

Speaking of which, I did some major OpenGL bugfixing which might be helpful for you. I'll compile a build for you, if you want, along with the normal x86 and x64 compiles 8)
Only if it's not too much trouble.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

You and spacy kick ass. :imaginary thumbs up smile:
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

That one won't work for some reason... requires the same type of DLL that the normal version of VBA-M does, but an earlier version of it(34 instead of 36.), and the DLL doesn't work.

Oh, well. I'll just use the one spacy gave me. Thank you anyway. :)
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Try the link again.

I used NO_D3D, and removed Direct3D.cpp when linking & compiling, so Direct3D support has no chance in being included. And according to Dependancy Walker, no traces of D3D DLLs in use are being imported. 8)
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Thank you so much!

Edit: I think I found a bug. When I went to start Castlevania: Circle of the Moon(US version), it would display the screen as just black. after a bit of messing with the settings, I got it to display just white. Then, I tried turning on and off filters, and after turning on Simple 2x, it displayed the screen properly. Turning it off didn't revert the screen to white, luckily.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Cool, can you please post the bug report on our bug tracker, please?
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I have to sign up for bounty source, right?