WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:Printing the whole manual on the back cover brings issues for the nearsight-challenged.

RTFM dammit
Printing a full list of supported controllers isn't too bad, though.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

franpa wrote:I too thought you had to specifically buy a Nintendo Wii Classic Gamecube Controller.
A what? It's just called Classic Controller and nothing else.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i think he meant a gcn controller specific to the wii. which is still retarded.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

grinvader wrote:Printing the whole manual on the back cover brings issues for the nearsight-challenged.

RTFM dammit
Panzer88 wrote:Damn Link you're busy.
He still sucks at LttP, mind you.
for the record, it's not in the manual either. If they had printed no controller options on the back of the box I'd be less confused than when they printed EVERY SINGLE one except that one.
snkcube wrote:
franpa wrote:I too thought you had to specifically buy a Nintendo Wii Classic Gamecube Controller.
A what? It's just called Classic Controller and nothing else.
yup

sweener2001 wrote:i think he meant a gcn controller specific to the wii. which is still retarded.
you knew what he meant stop being an asswhipe.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Actually, I'm still not sure what he meant.

Classic Controller and GameCube Controller are totally different beasts. As he's combined the names, it's impossible to tell which he was thinking of.

And the Classic Controller can't be used on GameCube software, so it's not an even remotely logical error.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Code: Select all

<franpa> I AM ERROR
adventure_of_link wrote:Explain yourself
Real men don't mention LttP, because instead of typing the full name you could have finished 68% of the game already.
Which means that you suck at it, because you aren't that far yet.

I finished it twice writing that post.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Actually, I'm still not sure what he meant.

Classic Controller and GameCube Controller are totally different beasts. As he's combined the names, it's impossible to tell which he was thinking of.

And the Classic Controller can't be used on GameCube software, so it's not an even remotely logical error.
Did Nintendo rerelease the Gamecube controller in a Nintendo Wii colour scheme?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

franpa wrote:

Yes, yes they did.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/20 ... oller.html
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

grinvader wrote:

<franpa> I AM ERROR
adventure_of_link wrote:Explain yourself
Real men don't mention LttP, because instead of typing the full name you could have finished 68% of the game already.
Which means that you suck at it, because you aren't that far yet.

I finished it twice writing that post.
I think he meant why did you say he suck, not what does LttP stand for.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

So what you can't edit posts anymore? WTF?

I just used context, which is what usually works when people say things that are literally incorrect. Since he said "I also thought" it means he was agreeing with someone, namely me. Since I had said I thought you had to use the classic controller, I deduced from context that since we was agreeing with me (or at least seemed to be) that he must have then been referring to the classic controller and not the gamecube controller.

Of course knowing Franpa he failed literal correctness and context and still managed to be in some way correct.

I had no idea there even was a redistributed GC controller for wii users, never-the-less as a piece of hardware it's still just a GC controller, only whiter, and any game will still recognize it as one.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

sweener2001 wrote:i think he meant a gcn controller specific to the wii. which is still retarded.
Ok, well where do you plug the GCN controllers into the Wii? I couldn't find anything for them o_O if there on the back of the console then that would explain why.

I likely assumed you needed some wireless variation of the GCN controller and it was another way for Nintendo to make money.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Panzer88 wrote:I think he meant why did you say he suck, not what does LttP stand for.
You are correct.
Panzer88 wrote:So what you can't edit posts anymore? WTF?
No sir, due to a SQL error.
franpa wrote:Ok, well where do you plug the GCN controllers into the Wii? I couldn't find anything for them o_O if there on the back of the console then that would explain why.
Wrong. it's covered by an access panel on the side of the Wii. The memory card slots are on the same side as well, IIRC in a different panel.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah it's on the side panel, you can't miss it, you can plug in any gamecube controller devise etc. people have even made new 3rd party controllers that are wireless classic controller-like devises but they plug into the gamecube controller port.

You can even remove this panel. If you have your Wii standing upright it's on the top of the console.

http://www.cnet.com.au/i/g/339272438/sc013.jpg
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Joe Camacho wrote:
franpa wrote:

Yes, yes they did.

I have one of those. Three meters for the cord is a godsend.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Panzer88 wrote:yeah it's on the side panel, you can't miss it, you can plug in any gamecube controller devise etc. people have even made new 3rd party controllers that are wireless classic controller-like devises but they plug into the gamecube controller port.

You can even remove this panel. If you have your Wii standing upright it's on the top of the console.

http://www.cnet.com.au/i/g/339272438/sc013.jpg
Cool thanks, I obviously didn't RTFM since I was only keen on plying the games that were present and I had a tv that displayed the gamecube clearly at the time ^^"
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

seriously
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
franpa wrote:

Yes, yes they did.

Where did you get it? Online?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
franpa wrote:

Yes, yes they did.

really? WOW

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u ... -2ola.html

that's an epic win I'm gonna get some!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:
Ok, well where do you plug the GCN controllers into the Wii? I couldn't find anything for them o_O if there on the back of the console then that would explain why.

I likely assumed you needed some wireless variation of the GCN controller and it was another way for Nintendo to make money.

Wow.

Just... wow.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
franpa wrote:

Wow.

Just... wow.
Guess we need total franpa-alertage here eh? (this is for franpa's post, not Gil's)

<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i bought a gcn controller for 15 bucks, and a 6 foot extension for $0.01 + shipping. 3 bucks shipped.

gcn controllers had ridiculously short cords. love that wired xbox controllers come with 9 ft standard
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Joe Camacho wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
franpa wrote:

Yes, yes they did.

Where did you get it? Online?
During my trip to Japan, I bought one. Play-Asia is charging quite a lot for the shipping.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

adventure_of_link wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
franpa wrote:

Wow.

Just... wow.
Guess we need total franpa-alertage here eh? (this is for franpa's post, not Gil's)

If anything, only Image applies.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

you also spewed total misinformation

don't even deny it
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I'd just award a high, personally
But the full house looks good.