VBA-M

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

King wrote:But someone really does need to step up and start throwing Super gameboy emulation in there.
Would require SNES emulation.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
King

Post by King »

Yes, I heard that the first time it was mentioned, but it's still on my wish list. I really miss Pauline yelling help like she does with the real SuperGB.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.
No prob.

Okay:

I finally set up my dual boot with Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, and everything works fine. Just need to find a decent SVN client in the meantime, but commandline SVN works okay.

I managed to compile and run VBA-M Qt/Linux just fine. Are you sure you used "qmake" before using "make"? My Linux distribution has all the latest updates, Qt4 included.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

King wrote:Yes, I heard that the first time it was mentioned, but it's still on my wish list.
You will be in for a long wait then.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Well, good to hear vba is being worked on more. It has never been in the same league as BGB as far as good GB emulation I think.
Though, I feel Sindre Aamas's emulator is better than BGB though :wink: Plus the source code is a dream to read.

Anyways for the folks that are interested, I set up a new VBA-M forum:
http://vba-m.ngemu.com/forum
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

mudlord wrote:I finally set up my dual boot with Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, and everything works fine. Just need to find a decent SVN client in the meantime, but commandline SVN works okay.

I managed to compile and run VBA-M Qt/Linux just fine. Are you sure you used "qmake" before using "make"? My Linux distribution has all the latest updates, Qt4 included.
Strange. I'm home for the week, so no linux computer to retest on. I have most certainly been qmaking before making, though. I am supposed to actually make the gui-less executable from source before I qmake and make the qt part, right? Hopefully that last part made sense. Otherwise... I'm not sure. Perhaps Ubuntu Gutsy has fallen behind in their qt4 repos. That seems unlikely though, do it must be something I'm doing.

I will most certainly try again when I get back to my computer at school. And again, thank you for setting up the dual boot to check that out (I'm sure you did it for more than just my sake, but it's of course still appreciated).

Just out of curiosity, what linux distro did you install?
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Just out of curiosity, what linux distro did you install?
Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, 7.10
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I am supposed to actually make the gui-less executable from source before I qmake and make the qt part, right? Hopefully that last part made sense. Otherwise... I'm not sure. Perhaps Ubuntu Gutsy has fallen behind in their qt4 repos. That seems unlikely though, do it must be something I'm doing.
No. The Qt-based GUI and CLI versions of VBA-M are entirely seperate. Thus, to compile the Qt4 GUI, you just use the Qt4 build system. Nothing else.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Hm. Okay, so we're using the same distro, so far so good. So what you're saying is that when I download from svn I don't have to use the makefile in the main folder, because that's separate from the qt4 version? So when I try this again, I'll just download SVN and go straight to the folder where I'm going to qmake and make.

If that's the case, perhaps my make-ing in the main folder is somehow messing up the compiling of the qt4 version. If that is not the case, then the only other explanation is that I'm missing some dependency.

I'll let you know! I should be back to my linux box sunday evening.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

So when I try this again, I'll just download SVN and go straight to the folder where I'm going to qmake and make.
Yes, to make the Qt4 version, you go straight to the Qt project folder and run qmake.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Still doesn't work :( I'll post my output in case it's different than last time, but it's definitely choking on something...

qmake:

Code: Select all

WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of sidewidget_cheats.cpp (../../src/qt/sidewidget_cheats.cpp) in SOURCES
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of sidewidget_cheats.h (../../src/qt/sidewidget_cheats.h) in HEADERS
and make:

Makefile:596: warning: overriding commands for target `sidewidget_cheats.o'
Makefile:266: warning: ignoring old commands for target `sidewidget_cheats.o'
Makefile:618: warning: overriding commands for target `moc_sidewidget_cheats.o'
Makefile:606: warning: ignoring old commands for target `moc_sidewidget_cheats.o'
Makefile:636: warning: overriding commands for target `../../src/qt/moc_sidewidget_cheats.cpp'
Makefile:624: warning: ignoring old commands for target `../../src/qt/moc_sidewidget_cheats.cpp'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DBKPT_SUPPORT -DC_CORE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include/qt3 -o main.o ../../src/qt/main.cpp
In file included from ../../src/qt/main.h:22,
                 from ../../src/qt/main.cpp:19:
../../src/qt/precompile.h:24:23: error: QtGui/QtGui: No such file or directory
../../src/qt/precompile.h:25:29: error: QtOpenGL/QtOpenGL: No such file or directory
../../src/qt/EmuManager.h:35: error: ‘QString’ has not been declared
../../src/qt/EmuManager.h:36: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QString’ with no type
../../src/qt/EmuManager.h:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../../src/qt/EmuManager.h:41: error: ‘QString’ does not name a type
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:26: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:27: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Q_OBJECT’ with no type
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:29: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘public’
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:43: error: expected `:' before ‘slots’
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:44: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:44: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘slots’ with no type
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:44: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘void’
../../src/qt/GraphicsOutput.h:47: error: ‘QPaintEvent’ has not been declared
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:28: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:29: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Q_OBJECT’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:31: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘public’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:35: error: expected `:' before ‘slots’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:36: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:36: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘slots’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘void’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QTranslator’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:47: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:48: error: ‘QString’ does not name a type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:49: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QSettings’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:49: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:50: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QMenu’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:50: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:51: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QMenu’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:51: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:52: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QAction’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:52: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:53: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QMenu’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:53: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:54: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QMenu’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:54: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:55: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QDockWidget’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:55: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:59: error: expected `:' before ‘slots’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:60: error: expected primary-expression before ‘bool’
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:60: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘slots’ with no type
../../src/qt/MainWnd.h:60: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘bool’
../../src/qt/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
../../src/qt/main.cpp:25: error: ‘QApplication’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp:25: error: expected `;' before ‘theApp’
../../src/qt/main.cpp:27: error: ‘QSettings’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp:27: error: expected `;' before ‘settings’
../../src/qt/main.cpp:28: error: ‘QTranslator’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp:28: error: ‘translator’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp:30: error: ‘settings’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp:30: error: new initializer expression list treated as compound expression
../../src/qt/main.cpp:31: error: ‘class MainWnd’ has no member named ‘show’
../../src/qt/main.cpp:33: error: ‘theApp’ was not declared in this scope
../../src/qt/main.cpp: At global scope:
../../src/qt/main.cpp:23: warning: unused parameter ‘argc’
../../src/qt/main.cpp:23: warning: unused parameter ‘argv’
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
What can you make of this, if anything? It's acting like I missed a step, or that it's missing some file I don't have. I'm not seeing anything significant, but that might just be because there's so much output that I'm not catching something important. Is there anything you can suggest that I can try on my end, to either fix, or download?

Thanks again for your patience. I'm not sure why I'm the only person having this problem, but it must be something on my end if you're able to compile it fine in my OS.
King

Post by King »

So what are the chances of visualboy advance color edition features being worked into this, with a easier colorization technique?

http://brunni.dev-fr.org/index.php?page ... _masterboy
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

hat can you make of this, if anything? It's acting like I missed a step, or that it's missing some file I don't have. I'm not seeing anything significant, but that might just be because there's so much output that I'm not catching something important. Is there anything you can suggest that I can try on my end, to either fix, or download?

...How did you install Qt4 on your system? Did you just use Synaptics to install? It seems a whole lot of core Qt files are missing....

So what are the chances of visualboy advance color edition features being worked into this, with a easier colorization technique?
I have to question the sanity of said feature :? As I honestly don't see much point.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

I essentially searched synaptic for "qt" and tried installing everything that came up regarding qt4... including, but not limited to:

libqt4-core
libqt4-debug
libqt4-dev
libqt4-gui
libqt4-qt3support

... and others (python and ruby bindings, for example). I must have the one file I need not installed, but I'm sure as hell not seeing it :(

would it be an extremely inconvenient waste of your time to tell me how you installed qt, and if through synaptic, what packages you used? If that's too much to ask I'll keep plugging away at this.

EDIT: One file I'm trying to install isn't working... "python-qt4-gl-dbg" gives me this error:

python-qt4-gl-dbg:
 Depends: python-opengl-dbg  but it is not installable
Not sure how relevant it is or not. Python-opengl-dbg isn't in the repos.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

would it be an extremely inconvenient waste of your time to tell me how you installed qt, and if through synaptic, what packages you used? If that's too much to ask I'll keep plugging away at this.
All I did was install it though Synaptic.

I picked the following packages:

libqt4-core
libqt4-dev
libqt4-gui

and thats it. Nothing else.
Not sure how relevant it is or not. Python-opengl-dbg isn't in the repos.
Ignore it, we don't use Python code.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

I have all three of those. Could some of the other packages I installed at random be somehow messing with these?

Yes.

The package "qt3-dev-tools" was installed, which seems to have given me a qt3 qmake. This is what was running when I typed qmake in. Uninstalling this package fixed the compilation. I apologize for the time wasting on your part, mudlord, but thank you for continuing to try and help out while the problem should have been more obvious to me. You rock.

For what it's worth, the gui looks great! I'm even more pumped now to see it completed. Keep up the great work, and thanks again.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

The package "qt3-dev-tools" was installed, which seems to have given me a qt3 qmake. This is what was running when I typed qmake in. Uninstalling this package fixed the compilation.
Jolly good. 8)

I apologize for the time wasting on your part, mudlord, but thank you for continuing to try and help out while the problem should have been more obvious to me. You rock.
No probs. Anytime. 8)
For what it's worth, the gui looks great! I'm even more pumped now to see it completed. Keep up the great work, and thanks again.
I'm glad you like it. I still need to add some more things to the main options...Not sure yet.... 8)
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

DancemasterGlenn wrote: The package "qt3-dev-tools" was installed, which seems to have given me a qt3 qmake. This is what was running when I typed qmake in.
If that was the case you were getting an error message about how the files were built with a newer Qt than you were using, and you ignored it.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by King »

King wrote:So what are the chances of visualboy advance color edition features being worked into this, with a easier colorization technique?

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

King wrote:So what are the chances of visualboy advance color edition features being worked into this, with a easier colorization technique?

mudlord wrote:I have to question the sanity of said feature :? As I honestly don't see much point.
Please do not double post your question, since it was already answered.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Nach wrote:
DancemasterGlenn wrote: The package "qt3-dev-tools" was installed, which seems to have given me a qt3 qmake. This is what was running when I typed qmake in.
If that was the case you were getting an error message about how the files were built with a newer Qt than you were using, and you ignored it.
No, I pasted every line of text that I got... but I agree that definitely should have happened...
King

Post by King »

Oops, I didn't notice he answered it, I thought he skipped it.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

DancemasterGlenn wrote:
Nach wrote:
No, I pasted every line of text that I got... but I agree that definitely should have happened...
It happens by me.
Which distro are you using?

Although this line here is a dead give away:

g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DBKPT_SUPPORT -DC_CORE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include/qt3 -o main.o ../../src/qt/main.cpp 
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

I'm using gutsy. And you're right, I should have seen that line... bah. I'm trying to be a good linux user, I swear.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

New public SVN build out for those that want it.

Main attractions are multithreaded pixel filtering in Windows, Spacy and I did some tweaks to the OGL renderer (now that black line fullscreen bug is squashed), plus others.