Problem with zsnes and Linux Ubuntu

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

grinvader wrote:Damn ubuntufags not knowing what ~/.*/ is.
Every directory starting with a "." in your user's main folder.

And I'm not an ubuntu user. Arch Linux, I use.
ibeleaf
Rookie

Post by ibeleaf »

honestly franky, I'm just trying to fix my zsnes, i really don't give a shit how you say Ubuntu... you're the reason so many people fight on message boards, in comments, etc. because you act like you know everything and have to point that out whenever possible, it was completely unnecessary for you to come in this thread and correct grammar. if you can't help with the bug problem then fuck off.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Welcome to the zsnes boards. I like you already.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

ibeleaf we have a winner.
I bring the trouble.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

ibeleaf wrote:honestly franky, I'm just trying to fix my zsnes, i really don't give a shit how you say Ubuntu... you're the reason so many people fight on message boards, in comments, etc. because you act like you know everything and have to point that out whenever possible, it was completely unnecessary for you to come in this thread and correct grammar. if you can't help with the bug problem then fuck off.
I provide the match, but it is you who lights it. Responding to comments such as the one I gave is lighting the match. Ignore such comments, and the house will be safe.

I apologize for being grammatically correct.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Franky wrote:
ibeleaf wrote:honestly franky, I'm just trying to fix my zsnes, i really don't give a shit how you say Ubuntu... you're the reason so many people fight on message boards, in comments, etc. because you act like you know everything and have to point that out whenever possible, it was completely unnecessary for you to come in this thread and correct grammar. if you can't help with the bug problem then fuck off.
I provide the match, but it is you who lights it. Responding to comments such as the one I gave is lighting the match. Ignore such comments, and the house will be safe.

Would you just stop Franky? You're not contributing to the thread at all, again.

You act more like the kid that plays with the stove fire and have no idea how badly you could get burned. Just stop the stupidity.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
ibeleaf
Rookie

Post by ibeleaf »

anywho... the sound is really bad now that i've changed it to "sdl" any other options?
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Franky wrote:

franky's stupid
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

ibeleaf wrote:anywho... the sound is really bad now that i've changed it to "sdl" any other options?
Make sure that you use a sample rate of 48,000, or it will sound like crap.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

badinsults wrote:
ibeleaf wrote:anywho... the sound is really bad now that i've changed it to "sdl" any other options?
I'd recommend using OSS over SDL, if at all possible. SDL/Linux sound in general/a resampling sound card is relatively problematic for emulation.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
ibeleaf
Rookie

Post by ibeleaf »

i tried the OSS (i did it the same way as i changed libao from auto to sdl, if that was wrong let me know) it had no sound.

Changing the sample rate helped a lot, the sound is much better, only the lowest sounds are fuzzy.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

badinsults wrote:
You mean 32000, no ?

That kinda depends how good the card is at resampling, though... some people report better results at 44100.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
ibeleaf
Rookie

Post by ibeleaf »

i have mine at 48k... would 32k be better?
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

See for yourself...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You will have to restart the emu for those sound frequency changes into effect.
not_franky

Post by not_franky »

Lol, I agree with ibeleaf, Franky, you did not post a single comment related to the problem. You in fact completely wasted my time reading through your comments, although I did eventually get a laugh from the fact everyone slagged you off.

Thanks guys, esp. Deathlike2. I tried all the other suggestion on my Linux/GNU 8.04 Hardy Ubuntu LTS Heron distro (cause this word is cool). in the end "zsnes -ad sdl" with a sample rate of 48000 worked best on my particular system.

Keep up the good work, I've been using ZSnes for years, I had it running on an old PII with a whopping 32MB of RAM and it worked perfectly for years (on Windoze unfortunately - 98SE - god I miss Win98... hahaha).