Older pc games worth playing

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Elder Scrolls series
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

powerspike wrote:Here's a few interesting quirky FPSes for you. Rather then listen to my horrid explanation of either of them I'll just let you look at the wikipedia entires for them. I had an extremely hard time with the no one lives forever games. Still it doesn't detract from how much fun they are. I think for tron 2.0 I brought into the funky glowing effects and the fact that I liked the old Disney movie. It's still a decent game though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Lives_Forever
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Lives_Forever_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_2.0
What about Contract JACK(NOLF spinoff)?

Or Shogo, Monolith's first FPS?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Shogo would be alright if the engine wouldn't be so buggy and unstable.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Or Shogo, Monolith's first FPS?
How could you forget about blood?!?! :) I LIVE AGAIN! I've never played contract Jack, but if it is a spin off I'd probably really enjoy it. And shogo was awesome even though they tried too hard to make it azn mecha like.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

My problem with Shogo was the god damn ugly faces on the humans, everything else rocked.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

unreal tournament
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

Johan_H wrote:Unreal, the best FPS to date IMO. Great for co-op and just as great for SP.
Truth, I'm currently trying to finish this game (after already having it for 10 years). The environments and music are very well done.
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

ShadowFX wrote:
Johan_H wrote:Unreal, the best FPS to date IMO. Great for co-op and just as great for SP.
Truth, I'm currently trying to finish this game (after already having it for 10 years). The environments and music are very well done.
Truth²
Can't go wrong with demoscene people :D
Red_Wraith
Rookie

Post by Red_Wraith »

alexz721 wrote:I'm a DOS game freak, so here's some suggestions.

I'll say anything by Apogee (Raptor, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Realms of Chaos, Duke Nukem 1, 2, and 3D, the Kroz series, BioMenace, Crystal Caves, Secret Agent, Major Stryker, Monster Bash, Stargunner, the Keen series, Blake Stone, Alien Carnage, Wacky Wheels, Boppin', Death Rally) or Epic Megagames (Tyrian, Jill of the Jungle, Xargon, Kiloblaster, Jazz Jackrabbit, One Must Fall 2097, Zone 66, Epic Pinball, Seek and Destroy, Radix, Overkill, Dare to Dream, Solar Winds, Castle of the Winds).
I fully agree with you here. My favourites are Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and Commander Keen 1, 4, 5, 6. Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure is also good. One Must Fall 2097 is also extremely nice.
You forgot "Hocus Pocus" from Apogee.

Other good DOS games: Settlers 2 (Siedler 2), Z (very good but difficult strategy game), Trashit (with a proper Gamepad it's very good), Powball (best breakout game, very nice with 2 players), The Lost Vikings, Rise of the Triad (cool Shoot'em up), Shadow Warrior (similar to Duke Nukem 3D), Rollin, Abuse (Jump & Run with horror elements), Galactix.

Most of these games should work with Dosbox (DOS emulator), except the shootemups maybe, or on any old PC with MS DOS. Some might also work on modern PCs without Emulators in Windows (best chances with Windows 98 or older).
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Red_Wraith wrote:The Lost Vikings [I & II]
Also available on SNES. The PC version of LV2 has nice voice acting though.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list