Most wanted sequels?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

VIEWTIFUL JOE 3
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

kamaitachi wrote:I love Vagrant Story, but I doubt that a sequel would be as good as the original game.

I would like to see another Battletoads game, and a Starfox sequel made in the spirit of the original game, that has nothing but Arwing action. Also, a true sequel to Faxanadu.
Vagrant Story is a prequel to a game that does not exist. That's one way of looking at it, anyhow. I have finished that game a countless number of times and just thinking about it as I type fills me with great memories.
Lord Alpha
Lurker

Post by Lord Alpha »

Descent: Freespace 3
Descent 4
It is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I am Zophar, Master of Sh*t!

[url=http://archlyn.bravejournal.com]View my blog[/url]
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

kilivipin wrote:
kamaitachi wrote:I love Vagrant Story, but I doubt that a sequel would be as good as the original game.

I would like to see another Battletoads game, and a Starfox sequel made in the spirit of the original game, that has nothing but Arwing action. Also, a true sequel to Faxanadu.
Vagrant Story is a prequel to a game that does not exist. That's one way of looking at it, anyhow. I have finished that game a countless number of times and just thinking about it as I type fills me with great memories.
If I recall right...

Final Fantasy Tactics is the sequel to Vagrant Story, which is the sequel to Final Fantasy XII. By 'sequel', I mean they occur in the same world at a later date.

If I recall my ordering correctly anyway. VS and FFT may need to be switched in that list, but they are both sequels to Final Fantasy XII.
Last edited by Tallgeese on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

No, not at all. They just happen to take place in the same world, though Ivalice varies wildly in each one.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Incorrect. Final Fantasy Tactics at least is actually a sequel of FF12. Supposedly St. Ajora is even mentioned in a beastiary entry, and if you recall, Moogles are extinct in FFT but are mentioned to have been plentiful in the past, as were airships. There's tons of both in FF12, not to mention many of the Zodiacs.

And actually, you just wind up in a different part of Ivalice. If I recall, FF12 takes place in the far eastern regions, while FFT is in the west.

Vagrant Story is a bit more dicey though.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Doesn't FFTA take place in Ivalice also? :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

The nature of the ending to Vagrant Story requires a direct continuation of the storyline, rather than other games that take place in the same world at a different time. These kind of games do not fulfill the ending in any way, and while I have not played FFT or FFXII, I'm pretty sure that I would have heard if there were any direct references to the characters of VS in these new games.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

MisterJones wrote:
Que wrote:Are they really? Or is it rumor, my sources point to rumor.
Whatare your sources dude. It is a fact that they are developing it, much like Van Buren was (heck, van buren was a conceptually finished game :/), just we don't know (but we highly likely suspect) that they will axe it.
Que wrote:If Bethesda does to fallout three what they did to oblivion(all the leveling gltiches/problems), it will be ghey.
Well, the Fallout engine was buggy as fuck.
http://www.gamedrift.com/articles.php?a=175
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

casualsax3 wrote:
MisterJones wrote:
Whatare your sources dude. It is a fact that they are developing it, much like Van Buren was (heck, van buren was a conceptually finished game :/), just we don't know (but we highly likely suspect) that they will axe it.
Que wrote:If Bethesda does to fallout three what they did to oblivion(all the leveling gltiches/problems), it will be ghey.
If that's true, that piece of news deserves its own thread/forum.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

casualsax3 wrote:
MisterJones wrote:
if Article = True;
Buy Xbox360, Must I.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

You're a bad coder.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Que wrote: if Article = True;
Buy Xbox360, Must I.
Depends on your pseudo-language, but for most interpretations you assigned true to the article and then are going to unconditionally purchase an Xbox 360.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

which is closer to real life.
_-|-_
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

whicker wrote:
Que wrote: if Article = True;
Buy Xbox360, Must I.
Depends on your pseudo-language, but for most interpretations you assigned true to the article and then are going to unconditionally purchase an Xbox 360.
Wow. You're right. I really need to re-read my computer science books. ROFL.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
wanabeswordsman
Rookie

Post by wanabeswordsman »

I REALLY want a sequel to both the Chrono series and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Most people didn't like MQ, but because it was the first FF game I ever played I guess it holds a special place in my heart.
I'm a cuddly lump of computer geek.
VietBitter
Rookie

Post by VietBitter »

Firon wrote:Final Fantasy Tactics. The original PSX version, not the crummy Advanced one on the GBA (and the PSP remake doesn't count!)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 is coming out on the DS.

New Donkey Cong Country 2D SNES style would be great and Chrono Trigger 2 - Nintendo and Square make this happen please!
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

I said the original FFT. :P I am, however, looking forward to FFTA2 (hoping they learned their lesson from FFTA) and the FF12 spinoff for the DS.

And a 2D DKC sequel would be awesome, especially if they get Dave Wise to do the music. <3 He is a GOD.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Firon wrote:And a 2D DKC sequel would be awesome, especially if they get Dave Wise to do the music. <3 He is a GOD.
Actually, he is ten gods.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Metroid 5

That is all.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

4 being Fusion? A new 2D Metroid on the DS would be super awesome.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Firon wrote:4 being Fusion?
Indeed - just read the intro text.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
wanabeswordsman
Rookie

Post by wanabeswordsman »

I think it'd be cool if they made a 3D Metroid game with the classic 2D Side-scrolling gameplay, kinda like what they did with New Super Mario Bros. Just the smooth animations would be awesome.
I'm a cuddly lump of computer geek.
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

I've answered this before, but I'm going to say MDK3, Magic Carpet 3, Dungeon Keeper 3 (can you tell I loved Bullfrog?), Carmageddon 3 (TDR 2000 didn't count), Starcraft 2.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

We need a sequel to Demon's Crest.