secret of mana attack troubles

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

collinxvii

secret of mana attack troubles

Post by collinxvii »

I've been trying to play Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) on ZSNES, and I can't get the charge attack (hold down B button) to work. It seems that it isn't registering the button hold or something. I've tried two different roms and found the same problem. I thought it might have something to do with my repeat speed settings, but changing them has made no difference. On a whim I've tried setting B to nearly every key on my keyboard - but of course this helped nothing. A friend has been playing one of the same roms on ZSNES with no problems. What's going on here, and how can I fix this essential ability in my game? I'd rather not have to track down a gamepad, as the controls are straightforward and simple otherwise.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The charging only works when you've gotten at least one weapon level for the character wielding said weapon.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Hah, dammit, I was about to say that. I took 5 minutes to confirm it and was beaten to the punch.

Next time...
collinxvii

Post by collinxvii »

Thanks for your sage advice, but I'm not an idiot. I know how the game works. I've made it clear to the Fire Palace, and no dice on the charging. I constantly gets a single attack off, no matter what.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The charging starts to work after you swung the weapon as well.

The initial swing starts the "charging".
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Post NSRT info of the ROM to be sure.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Palin
Hazed

Post by Palin »

Could also be a problem with his input. I've had button holds not stick before when using crappy joystick drivers. Then again, I think he said he was using a keyboard...