Video refresh rate control

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tatá - the great

Video refresh rate control

Post by Tatá - the great »

:idea: I think that it would be a great addition to ZSNES if it could control the video refresh rate.

That is because games that run at 60 FPS runs best if the video refresh rate is at 60 Hz.

:wink: I know that I could simply change my video refresh rate at the Windows Display Properties, but it would make my life a lot easier if ZSNES automaticaly changed it to 60 or 120 Hz (or to 50 or 100 Hz for 50 FPS games).
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

There are some command line options that do what you want. Check out the KitchenSync.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

ZSNES command list

Post by Tatá - the great »

:?: Isn't there a way to make ZSNES list all avaiable command?
:arrow: I tried /?, /h, --help but none of them worked.

And thanks for answering my previous question.

:!: Oh, and my previous post was incorrect. Setting the video refresh rate to 120 Hz does NOT perfectly syncs with 60 FPS games, and I assume that 100 Hz also doesn't match 50 FPS games.

Thank you all.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I you want 60/50Hz sync, use -6
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Nightcrawler »

I want an LCD monitor so I don't have to care about refresh rates anymore.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.