I am retarded. Ignore me.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

CAPSLOCK

I am retarded. Ignore me.

Post by CAPSLOCK »

CODE IT SO THAT THE CLIENT CONNECTS TO THE HOST THROUGH A VPN TUNNEL!

BEING IN A VIRTUAL LAN WOULD REDUCE LAG GREATLY AND BRING MUCH SMOOTHER SYNC

THE OVERHEAD IS WAY LOWER THAN STANDARD TCP PACKETS AND ALOT MORE RELIABLE THAN UDP PACKETS

THINK ABOUT ITS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

GO!! NOW!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The devs will surely work harder now you posted in caps. Fail.

How about you code the VPN tunnel functionality and contribute the code to the ZSNES source tree if this issue is such a big deal for you.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

I guess you should see this coming when someone registers under the name "CAPSLOCK". Next time "yell" "louder"...?

EDIT: You really can't deny his enthusiasm, though.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The connection between the two computers is still going to be in the same in the end, if not with more overhead. The connection is very dependent on the ACTUAL connection between the two computers, not what is seen as the virtual connection.

For example, if both on this connection are dialup users, you will certainly not ever dare reach LAN performance.. only dialup performance.

The only reason to use a virtual LAN is to bypass firewall on either/both sides of the connection.

Massive fail.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...