other systems on zsnes.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

belmontzar

other systems on zsnes.

Post by belmontzar »

i was wondering if you could play nes or game boy games on zsnes. i have version 1.51.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

No. Use emus specific to those consoles instead.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

ZSNES is a SNES emulator. I don't remember the console being backwards compatible with NES games, do you?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
byuu

Post by byuu »

ZSNES is a SNES emulator. I don't remember the console being backwards compatible with NES games, do you?
Agh, don't encourage that kind of reasoning. Or people will end up bugging GBA emu authors to support the GBC. NDS authors to support GBA. PS2 authors to support PS1. We won't even joke about the poor Wii emu authors in the future ...
Y~K
Hazed

Post by Y~K »

emulation of super game boy would be welcome
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Y~K wrote:emulation of super game boy would be welcome
You can keep on dreaming. Or you could go download a Game Boy Advanced emulator to play Game Boy games.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Y~K
Hazed

Post by Y~K »

snkcube wrote:
You can keep on dreaming. Or you could go download a Game Boy Advanced emulator to play Game Boy games.
Super Game Boy emulation is no dream, MESS is working on it and it will be done eventually.

You, Sir, are an idiot.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

wrong-o, dikfore
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Y~K wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Super Game Boy emulation is no dream, MESS is working on it and it will be done eventually.

You, Sir, are an idiot.
Seriously, there is no point of Super Game Boy emulation. It's easier to just grab a GBA emulator to play the games. You, sir, are a fucktard.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I thought I heard nach was secretly working on gameboy support. he had it mostly done, but that was like a month ago.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

snkcube wrote:
Y~K wrote:
snkcube wrote:

You, Sir, are an idiot.
Seriously, there is no point of Super Game Boy emulation. It's easier to just grab a GBA emulator to play the games. You, sir, are a fucktard.
There's actually mild point, since SGB games can use SNES hardware.
I gather a lot of them went for sound enhancements.
Given I never had a significant GameBoy collection, I can't really call specific titles out.

I'd file it pretty damn low on the list of priorities, right behind... well, everything else. But there IS a mild point.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

byuu wrote:
Agh, don't encourage that kind of reasoning. Or people will end up bugging GBA emu authors to support the GBC. NDS authors to support GBA. PS2 authors to support PS1. We won't even joke about the poor Wii emu authors in the future ...
Ah, good point. :)
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Y~K wrote:
snkcube wrote:

You, Sir, are an idiot.
There's actually mild point, since SGB games can use SNES hardware.
I gather a lot of them went for sound enhancements.
Given I never had a significant GameBoy collection, I can't really call specific titles out.

I'd file it pretty damn low on the list of priorities, right behind... well, everything else. But there IS a mild point.
Well it IS an official and well known Nintendo adapter. Which is more than can be said of some devices...
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

snk: using bgb is fine too
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

The useful functions of the SGB are already emulated in various Gameboy emulators (including Borders, and even 4-Player with Wario Blast). No point in the authors of a SNES emulator to emulate this add-on, especially when SNES games are still exhibiting various issues.
Y~K
Hazed

Post by Y~K »

snkcube wrote:Seriously, there is no point of Super Game Boy emulation. It's easier to just grab a GBA emulator to play the games. You, sir, are a fucktard.
So there no point in dumping FF3 v1.1 because there is already FF3 v1.0, no point in emulating NES because SNES is "better". Do you really think we care what an average end users like you is thinking?

This system exists, so it will be documented. That is all there is to it.
You, Sir, are an idiot.
Clements wrote:The useful functions of the SGB are already emulated in various Gameboy emulators (including Borders, and even 4-Player with Wario Blast). No point in the authors of a SNES emulator to emulate this add-on, especially when SNES games are still exhibiting various issues.
Super Game Boy emulation is not different than Super FX or Sufami Turbo emulation. It has the same right to be documented. Your point of view in the matter is a gamer point of view, not a preservation point of view.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

It's not happening unless the developers wish to implement it. End of story.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Worry about SNES emulation being fixed first before even thinking about asking about Super Gameboy emulation or anything else for that matter. NES emulation on the SNES has been discussed before (search the board yourself for the info).

Having any sort of Super Gameboy support would require no less than emulating the Game Boy itself (like another core), plus it would have to interface with the existing SNES... it isn't as simple as adding support for a special chip like the SuperFX or Sufami Turbo as one idiot is claiming. You don't just "plug a GB emu's core in".

Locking thread before it goes out of hand.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...