No Sound with 1.52 (10.11.07)

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Baron_Samedi
Rookie

No Sound with 1.52 (10.11.07)

Post by Baron_Samedi »

hello

i tried the latest version with zget
1.52 from 10.11.07

but i have no sound in zsnes
(its enabled in the gui and the cfg file)

no matter how i compile (clean old code, cpu optimization)
no sound :-(

with 1.51 sound is working and dxdiag shows no errors

i have an audigy1 with latest drivers and win xp sp2
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Code from SVN is always a work in progress, and reporting bugs from that is a pointless exercise.

Read this: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9526
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

1.52!? Is that just a beta version?!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:1.52!? Is that just a beta version?!
You don't need to worry about that. It's mostly for the devs to tinker with.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah trust me man, some builds don't even load games as they are rearranging the code, itś not meant for playing games with.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Gotcha.
LiquidAcid
Rookie

Post by LiquidAcid »

From the "SVN Sound Core Replacement" thread:
Deathlike2 wrote:Heavy work is being done on the sound core at the moment. Please do not report any bugs from SVN until we say it is safe to do so.

The last working revision is 4538.

We will smack you silly if you complain.
SVN revision 4538 is version 1.52, you can easily check the commit comment in bountysource. So according to Deathlike2 this version is a working one, so it's supported.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

SPC work was done post that revision.

And no, stuff in SVN is not supported.

It is only for people who "want the latest working revision". That's it. Don't read any more than what was said.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
LiquidAcid
Rookie

Post by LiquidAcid »

Deathlike2 wrote:And no, stuff in SVN is not supported.
Then what happens when I checkout version 1.51 from SVN? It's not like I get different files than when downloading the already packaged release on the download page. Will my bug reports ignored if I do so?

Then I also don't understand why you're telling the people that SVN revision 4538 is the last working version. It doesn't make much sense to me stating this on the board and then ignoring bug reports for version 1.52 (1.52 = SVN 4538). If you don't believe me:
https://zsnes.bountysource.com/svn/!revision/4538
Deathlike2 wrote:It is only for people who "want the latest working revision". That's it. Don't read any more than what was said.
Uhm, I think be both know that SVN is about a lot more than getting the latest source code from the project...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

LiquidAcid wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:And no, stuff in SVN is not supported.
Then what happens when I checkout version 1.51 from SVN? It's not like I get different files than when downloading the already packaged release on the download page. Will my bug reports ignored if I do so?
It depends on what that bug is. Emulation related bugs are more likely out of the question. If the SVN revision you download exactly matches the official release version it is based on, then there shouldn't be any issues really.
Then I also don't understand why you're telling the people that SVN revision 4538 is the last working version. It doesn't make much sense to me stating this on the board and then ignoring bug reports for version 1.52 (1.52 = SVN 4538). If you don't believe me:
https://zsnes.bountysource.com/svn/!revision/4538
It is for people who are using ZGet/SVN and making posts like the op complaining about sound output (specifically the lack thereof in the Windows port). There's been a lot of stuff added since that revision so if something along the line changes, you can't just expect a bug report to be useful.
Deathlike2 wrote:It is only for people who "want the latest working revision". That's it. Don't read any more than what was said.
Uhm, I think be both know that SVN is about a lot more than getting the latest source code from the project...
Yes, but the point is not to complain about something that is always a work in progress. We want people's feedback when we produce a WIP build, when we feel it is stable enough for testing.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Assuming a WIP is ever publicly released....not that I'm implying anything...
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

1.52 doesn't exist.
Watering ur plants.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

I know. I was just saying when a public WIP gets released.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Considering the severity of the undergoing changes, I'd say it's very Very unlikely they'll release a new build without at least one or two wips.

But that's just me.