This is probably pointless, but... (Star Ocean related)

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Tomato
Hazed

This is probably pointless, but... (Star Ocean related)

Post by Tomato »

I've been out of contact with Dark Force for years, and Cidolfas and others for nearly as long, but recently on GameFAQs someone mentioned that there was an untranslated string when you do some/a certain(?) type of item creation. I haven't tried it myself, but the guy was cool enough to provide a screen and a save when I asked, so I'll post them here.

http://tomato.fobby.net/junk/StarOcean_tr_.000

Not sure if it can/will be fixed, but this stuff's been sitting on my desktop for months now, so I'm throwing it out there like a note in a bottle :P

On another note, I can barely even REMEMBER translating SO1 anymore. I think I have old man memory now :shock:
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Hey, we all get old someday. I take it that the GameFAQs poster didn't specify what item creation produced that untranslated line.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

He mentioned Santa Boots specifically, but the pic above he provided makes it look like it happens with other things too. I don't remember the details of SO1's item creation system enough to say anything with certainty, though. I was actually surprised, because I recall DF having a ton of beta testers or something back then.