SVP has been emulated!

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

bobthebuilder
Hazed

SVP has been emulated!

Post by bobthebuilder »

LOOK HERE!
If KEGA implements this and the NTSC filter, then I will finally have my dream sega emulator :P
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Good news, especially from a development standpoint. Looks likely that someone will cook-up a Gens build with support for the SVP chip at least. Hopefully, Steve will come back and add support to Kega too.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

If KEGA implements this and the NTSC filter
AamirM on the EmuTalk forums wrote a md_ntsc filter for Kega Fusion and his Megadrive emulator as a RPI file, so you could use that...
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

mudlord wrote:
If KEGA implements this and the NTSC filter
AamirM on the EmuTalk forums wrote a md_ntsc filter for Kega Fusion and his Megadrive emulator as a RPI file, so you could use that...
Direct link,please ;)
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
Snark
Trooper

Re: SVP has been emulated!

Post by Snark »

bobthebuilder wrote: LOOK HERE!
If KEGA implements this and the NTSC filter, then I will finally have my dream sega emulator :P
Very nice. Although it's only one game and most people will probably play the emulated 32x version or even the arcade (when model1 gets better emulated) once they realize this is basically a really underpowered conversion of the arcade game, it's good to see this kind of progress.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Kega Fusion also need a separate folder for the Bios and another for the plugings so that the emulator folder looks less messy. It also need the support of 7Zip and/or JMA files.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Kega Fusion also need a separate folder for the Bios and another for the plugings so that the emulator folder looks less messy.
Kega can already do this.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

speaking of Kega, whatever happened to Steve Snake? Kega is such a good emulator....excellet sound emulation, too!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

He's around. :P Chances are both the SVP emulation and the NTSC filter will make it into Kega eventually. :)
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Really? I always thought Steve gave up on Kega Fusion...but yeah, he's probably adding SVP emulation in the core.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
byuu

Post by byuu »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Really? I always thought Steve gave up on Kega Fusion...
Very unlikely. He's been writing Genesis emulators since 1997. Kgen, Kgen98 and then the Kega line, up to the current one. Or maybe that just means he's more likely to be worn out. Hopefully not, especially since he doesn't release the source code to his work.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Clements wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:Kega Fusion also need a separate folder for the Bios and another for the plugings so that the emulator folder looks less messy.
But by default? Lazy people exists!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:
For it to do it by default, it would have to come with ROM images. And that's not legal.

Where the end user sticks the BIOS images they no doubt legally dumped from hardware they actually own is totally up to the user.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:
For it to do it by default, it would have to come with ROM images. And that's not legal.

Where the end user sticks the BIOS images they no doubt legally dumped from hardware they actually own is totally up to the user.
The emulator could come with the empty folders and the paths selected to those folders. It don't have to include any BIOS files. Much like some emulators who come with the Save, Save State, Plugings etc. folders. This will make the emulator Idiocy Proof.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:

The emulator could come with the empty folders and the paths selected to those folders. It don't have to include any BIOS files. Much like some emulators who come with the Save, Save State, Plugings etc. folders. This will make the emulator Idiocy Proof.
NOTHING is idiot-proof.

As-is, it requires a full path to the BIOS image. You open config, click browse, and point it to your BIOS image.
Everyone puts their BIOS exactly where they want it.
Want all your BIOSes in one dedicated directory? Cool.
Want your 32x BIOS with your 32x RAWMZ? No problem.
Want your SCD BIOS in with your Genesis W4r3z? Take it away.
Want everything in one big directory marked "stuff"? Well, you're an idiot, but we won't stop you.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:

NOTHING is idiot-proof.

As-is, it requires a full path to the BIOS image. You open config, click browse, and point it to your BIOS image.
Want everything in one big directory marked "stuff"? Well, you're an idiot, but we won't stop you.
You answered something that will be asked again and again in the future as sadly most people don't read the documentation.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:

NOTHING is idiot-proof.

You answered something that will be asked again and again in the future as sadly most people don't read the documentation.
Have you ever actually USED KEGA?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/D ... 1202461410
This isn't exactly rocket surgery.

The only people I can see being confused are people that have been led to believe an emulator COMES WITH games and will ask where to get the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) games for the Genesis.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

this is neo kaiser you're talking to
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Direct link,please :wink:
Sorry for taking so long.

Amir made seperate SSE and SSE2 optimized builds, so its best you see here, so you get the right version for your processor.
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

he only people I can see being confused are people that have been led to believe an emulator COMES WITH games and will ask where to get the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) games for the Genesis.
The Classic99 TI 99/4A emulator does:
Classic99 Homepage wrote:INCLUDED under license from Texas Instruments
-boots and runs all console OS functions and TI BASIC [...]

TI-99 ROMs ARE NOW INCLUDED!. Just select the system you want from the menu!
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Really? I always thought Steve gave up on Kega Fusion...but yeah, he's probably adding SVP emulation in the core.
No way. Kega's been sleeping for two years now, but Steve's starting to come around more again. Look at Eidolon's Inn for proof of that, or the Sega Emulation Forums where he's stated that Kega isn't dead, just sleeping. :)

Steve's already said SVP emulation is going to be added to Kega, and he's looking at the NTSC plugin to eventually include it as well.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:
Clements wrote:

NOTHING is idiot-proof.

Have you ever actually USED KEGA?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/D ... 1202461410

The only people I can see being confused are people that have been led to believe an emulator COMES WITH games and will ask where to get the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) games for the Genesis.
I know how to use it! I'm talking about the Noobs, the fucking Noobs. I'm made myself clear now?

To sweener2001: STFU!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Neo Kaiser wrote:I know how to use it! I'm talking about the Noobs, the fucking Noobs. I'm made myself clear now?
I understood your point in the first place.

I reiterate:

blargg wrote:
he only people I can see being confused are people that have been led to believe an emulator COMES WITH games and will ask where to get the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) games for the Genesis.
The Classic99 TI 99/4A emulator does:
Classic99 Homepage wrote:INCLUDED under license from Texas Instruments
-boots and runs all console OS functions and TI BASIC [...]

TI-99 ROMs ARE NOW INCLUDED!. Just select the system you want from the menu!
TI got the stick out of their ass? SWEET!

DOS Vectrex Emulator comes with the BIOS and games too.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Well the feature that I posted is Indeed unnecessary as you pointed out because the path of the directories can be easily changed as Clements says. I thought about it because of the emulators that comes with a empty folders and all but then again it won't mater. Now I want to see Blarg's new filter in action.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

http://www.geocities.com/regen_emu/regen_p3.zip
http://www.geocities.com/regen_emu/regen_p4.zip

Those include Amir's emulator, plus his md_ntsc based Kega filters 8)