SVN no longer hosted at bountysource

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

SVN no longer hosted at bountysource

Post by pagefault »

With BountySource shutting down soon, we are doing our own in house SVN from now on. The BountySource SVN repository is no longer updated.

Thanks.
Watering ur plants.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

so... I guess that means it's no longer publicly viewable then?

It doesn't effect me, I'm just the curious type.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

It's now private.
Watering ur plants.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

probably for the better anyroad.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

Tired of people trying to use SVN when it is incomplete and to stop being prying into the development process and asking annoying questions about it on IRC.
Watering ur plants.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Does that mean when 2.0 is released you may make it public again? Just curious. I'm sure it's been incredibly annoying having people complaining about something that is obviously not going to work until you're done with it, but once this larger rewrite is finally over, would there be any particular reason not to have the svn be open again?

Doesn't really matter to me, since I won't be using svn, but just thought I'd make the case for others, even if you don't see any point in it.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

at this point it doesn't matter, but after 2.0 I'm sure people wouldn't really care about access to the source as long as there was either some more developer diary type stuff, discussion, or a WIP ever 6 months or so.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Yeah, that's true. I know I was very thankful for ipher's WIPs while I was still using windows. And then 1.5 came out at some point after my switch to linux, which was convenient.
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

I think they will at least have to provide the source with every "release" they make, because the source is licensed under the GPL.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

The source will always be available but SVN may be always be closed, we may post WIP's. This is better quality in the end because you will get a milestone build rather than the raw guts.
Watering ur plants.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Yeah, we know. I mean, I trust your judgment, and don't want you guys bugged in the first place. There isn't really any argument, I guess. Hopefully this will work out better for you guys.

EDIT: I do hope that WIPs will happen though, at least in terms of fixing a particularly pressing bug or something. But then again, I guess something like that warrants another release anyway.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

ZSNES "2.0" is progressing fairly well so far we have many many graphics engine fixes and tons of emulation fixes that should please everyone. We have made no headway on netplay yet, we might do this after we release. The GUI is coming alone nicely it just needs bindings now but we are not sure if this will be in 2.0 either. It might be in like a 2.10 release. We are having much success with Qt thanks to Gambatte's gracious letting us have their wicked cool code ;).

We are looking at a summer release schedule with a possible public beta in early June.
Watering ur plants.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Nice!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Might I ask the progress on a non-random core? If I recall that was required for netplay to be reimplemented.

...Hopefully 4 player too, joy of joys.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

Metatron wrote:Might I ask the progress on a non-random core? If I recall that was required for netplay to be reimplemented.

...Hopefully 4 player too, joy of joys.
It has been rewritten into a cycle accurate core in C sans DMA and IRQ which remain in ASM right now but will be eventually converted. The problems with the old core are gone now it is just a matter of redoing the netplay code in a sane manner.
Watering ur plants.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

pagefault wrote:The source will always be available but SVN may be always be closed, we may post WIP's. This is better quality in the end because you will get a milestone build rather than the raw guts.
yes
DancemasterGlenn wrote:Yeah, we know. I mean, I trust your judgement, and don't want you guys bugged in the first place. There isn't really any argument, I guess. Hopefully this will work out better for you guys.
yes
pagefault wrote:
We are looking at a summer release schedule with a possible public beta in early June.
thanks for keeping us in the loop,and we understand that plans always change, things come up etc.

keep up the great work!
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Regarding SVN.

Once we have the source stable again, I'm going to see if I can have a stablish branch to mirror our main repository at specific intervals, and allow zget to work with that. I'll let you know when it's ready, biggest factor is for things to be stable again.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Panzer88 »

oo yes, zget, how could I forget? keep us posted certainly.
andyqkw
Rookie

Post by andyqkw »

pagefault wrote:We are looking at a summer release schedule with a possible public beta in early June.
Sweet...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

which summer are you aiming for?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

franpa wrote:which summer are you aiming for?
He probably means the North American (Canadian) summer. Now, as for which year, I couldn't tell you.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

This summer.
Watering ur plants.
12th&saturn
Rookie

Post by 12th&saturn »

At the risk of getting yelled at ._.

Is the stable branch of r5224 recommended for use over 1.51? fwiw, though, I think the big new version with big new everything is worth waiting for, but the 1.51 random crashes are getting to me.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

The stable branch was not made stable yet.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by joe_devore »

Hello every one its been a long time.
I happy zsnes is still progressing, I haven't been able to access the web much in the past couple years not since we lost the phone/Dial-up back Fall06. When I noticed the Commit posts {http://cia.vc/stats/project/zsnes} stop I was starting to get a little worried,
not to mention ipher's WIP April Fools joke(I hope ?_?).

I saw from the commits you are using a whole new GUI now, hows that going? Whats it look like? what going on with the speed of zsnes in relation to the GUI and core changes? Is it getting any slower for the older systems?
I'm still stuck using my 866Mhz-P3.

The last build I have been using is.... "ZSNESw(v1.51)_WIP(01-24-07)"
Good luck, I look forward to your next release.