Seiken Densetsu 3 Automatically resets

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Haruspex

Seiken Densetsu 3 Automatically resets

Post by Haruspex »

Hi, in SD 3 the game automatically resets when i reach a certain area, it's called Sub-Zero Snowfield. Note that i said that it resets and not crashes.

Note also that i was playing the game with an unofficial patched translated rom and i overused cheat codes.

I tried the Jap version of the game but no luck. Tried other snes emulators no luck either. Tried on another pc no luck in there also.

Can anyone try the save i uploaded in these file hosting sites?

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/105011351/Seiken_Densetsu_3__J_.srm.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJMAMBYG

http://www.zshare.net/download/10082562ef517fb2/
When you exit the inn just go east and south, it's really easy to find the area, it takes 10 seconds or so.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Haruspex

Post by Haruspex »

ZSNES 1.51 clean install

System specs: (Nothing is over clocked)

Win XP Pro SP2

NVIDIA Ge-Force 8600gt and latest drivers

2GB Ram

Audigy Player 1

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600

Rom Info:

File: Seiken Densetsu 3 (J).zip Header: Yes
SeikenDensetsu3 TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No CHKSUM:OK
VIDEO:NTSC BANK:Hi CRC32:863ED0B8
Last edited by Haruspex on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gonna assume you didn't paste the last CRC32 digit (which should be 8 for the clean J ROM)

First: Disable (don't erase, just disable) the cheat codes that hit out of 7E* for that part.

SD3 has a lot of dynamic stuff in ram, and the same place might be used by several routines. Most of the 7F area is a big mess.
I got a couple custom codes that bork it similarly, so that's what I'd check first.
If leaving the 7E* codes also causes resets, disable all codes and retry.

Second: unofficial translation patch ? by whom ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Haruspex

Post by Haruspex »

grinvader wrote:Gonna assume you didn't paste the last CRC32 digit (which should be 8 for the clean J ROM)

First: Disable (don't erase, just disable) the cheat codes that hit out of 7E* for that part.

SD3 has a lot of dynamic stuff in ram, and the same place might be used by several routines. Most of the 7F area is a big mess.
I got a couple custom codes that bork it similarly, so that's what I'd check first.
If leaving the 7E* codes also causes resets, disable all codes and retry.

Second: unofficial translation patch ? by whom ?
Yes you are right about the crc32 *fixed*

Unfortunately i don't have or remember what cheat codes i used. This save is actually 2 years old or so :lol: As why i bring this up now i don't know. I just messing around with retro gaming and i remembered this problem and happen to have the save file in handy.

The translated rom info is this

File: Seiken Densetsu 3 (J) [T+Eng1.01_NCorlett+LNFT][h1].zip Header: No
SeikenDensetsu3e TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No CHKSUM:OK
VIDEO:NTSC BANK:Hi CRC32:8D748300

But i don't know if this is the one i used back then when i played the game :lol:
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

It's probably the one you used back then.

I confirm the reset, and meh at it. Maybe an issue with the codes you used and were stored in the save.

It's only 6:50 in the game, so you didn't lose much.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Haruspex

Post by Haruspex »

grinvader wrote:It's probably the one you used back then.

I confirm the reset, and meh at it. Maybe an issue with the codes you used and were stored in the save.

It's only 6:50 in the game, so you didn't lose much.
I thought so myself but because it bugged me i thought to give it a try to see if this is a problem with my PC or something else. I guess i am going to start all over again, besides i don't remember almost anything from the game now.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Duran: forsenan borderline moronic swordsman, wants to get stronger to kick Koren, altenan power tripping evil mage in the butt for some cold-served revenge.
Angela: sucky magician, altenan princess, fled home after discovering her mom and Koren planned to sacrifice her useless butt to unlock a mana stone.

Kevin: half-beastman seeking revenge on whoever forced him to maim his wolf pup in self-defence.
Charlotte: wendellian loli half-elf looking for Heath, a priest kidnapped by Deathjester after he protected her from it.

Hawkeye: navarre ninja on a revenge against Bigieu because she killed the ninja leader, kidnapped/cursed his girl, forced him to kill his friends and brainwashed everyone still standing.
Lise: rolante valkyrie princess looking for her brother and the one who tricked him into opening the castle gates (leading to a swift conquest by brainwashed navarre ninjas) before kidnapping him.

Split by main quest.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

grinvader wrote:Duran: forsenan borderline moronic swordsman, wants to get stronger to kick Koren, altenan power tripping evil mage in the butt for some cold-served revenge.
Angela: sucky magician, altenan princess, fled home after discovering her mom and Koren planned to sacrifice her useless butt to unlock a mana stone.

Kevin: half-beastman seeking revenge on whoever forced him to maim his wolf pup in self-defence.

Charlotte: wendellian loli half-elf looking for Heath, a priest kidnapped by Deathjester after he protected her from it.

Hawkeye: navarre ninja on a revenge against Bigieu because she killed the ninja leader, kidnapped/cursed his girl, forced him to kill his friends and brainwashed everyone still standing.
Lise: rolante valkyrie princess looking for her brother and the one who tricked him into opening the castle gates (leading to a swift conquest by brainwashed navarre ninjas) before kidnapping him.

Split by main quest.
Best.Summary.Ever