Color loss in dark sections of all ROMS

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

poof

Color loss in dark sections of all ROMS

Post by poof »

I noticed that whenever id get to a dungeon or cave or nightscene what normally should be very darkly colored but visible sections completely drop out to black and make playing extremely difficult. I am comparing this from my experience with the actual game on the SNES. I know this is the case because no matter how high i up the bright/contrast/gamma on my LCD it does not bring out anything as would it if it had color information. I tried altering all the video options on ZSNES to no avail, and seeing as this is the case with various roms it can only be the emulator.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Which games in particular? Post NSRT information on the ROMs. Are you running windows/DOS or the Linux port of zsnes?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Maybe try adjusting the gamma settings on your videocard control panel.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
poof

Post by poof »

i said i already did try to adjust the firmware settings. My monitor settings dont make any difference.

Windows XP, the roms were lufia II, super mario RPG, and earthbound to name a few.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

...Why did I know you weren't really gonna read my post?

You said you adjusted your monitor. Then I said, try the videocard settings. They're two different things.

If your video output it set so dark as to hide detail, no monitor tweaking is going to help regain it.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Try adjusting Zsnes gamma, as a last resort.
poof

Post by poof »

my monitor is at default, my card settings are on high. If i turned my monitor up my screen would be white. How do i change zsenes gamma, i dont see any option to do that.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Misc->Misc Keys, you will need to set up a hotkey.

Alternatively, if you are using ZSNES 1.51, it is editable from the cfg file.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...