Sega game "The Beggar Prince": Shit game or shit g

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Unforgiven

Sega game "The Beggar Prince": Shit game or shit g

Post by Unforgiven »

This has been on my mind for a while: who actually likes this game? By like, I mean genuinely liking and playing the game. Not liking as in, "I paid $50 for this on the internet so I might as well delude myself into thinking I like the game to justify the purchase"

Seriously, I can not think of any good points about the game apart from the gimmick that it is a new game release 10 years after the sega genesis's death. Heck, it's not even new, just a hacked version of an inferior Chinese game. Just being Chinese, it's already inferior, so for it to be an inferior Chinese game, that's like inferior squared.

So have YOU played the game?
Did you enjoy it? Be honest.

ps: sad to say, I have actually played the game. a rom dumper who shall remain anonymous (for fear of internet condemnation) supplied the rom to me.

Sorry I forgot a link: http://www.beggarprince.com

It's basically a guy who got permission to hack a decade-old Chinese RPG game and is selling the carts complete with case and manual as if it was a new release.
Last edited by Unforgiven on Fri May 02, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Why are you still here?
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

i don't get it, why that guy despise chinese so much?
Unforgiven wrote:Just being Chinese, it's already inferior, so for it to be an inferior Chinese game, that's like inferior squared.
there're may good chinese games, such as: Flame Dragon Knight series, Empire of Angel series (the OPL-music of this game is really into my liking, i really searching where i could find the music for that game)
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Rashidi wrote:i don't get it, why that guy despise chinese so much?
That is off-topic, but here's a small selection of reasons:

And just before I start, don't give me the "America is bad in those areas too" defense. I am fully aware of the flaws of my country, but that does not excuse China's behavior and their lack of action.

~Internet censorship: very hard to access information on certain subjects.
~Everything you say or do on the internet is tracked: In China, you are tracked everywhere. You are not anonymous and if you criticize China's government, then expect a knock on you door.
~Human/Animal Rights record: China places low value on individual human rights. Even less with animal rights (see Tiger Penis medicine and Cow Testicle powder and other superstitious bullshit)
~Protests are not allowed. Actually, they ARE allowed. You can protest against foreign media, foreign countries, etc. But you can't protest against your own government unless you want to be beat up by government-hired thugs. How useful.
~Their media industry is controlled by the Chinese government, so there is only one news source and obviously, any articles must be approved by the Chinese government first. A opinion piece criticizing government policy? Don't expect to get published. At the same time, they accuse western media of being biased, racist and lying. You don't need to be einstein to figure out the extent of corruption are much more likely and higher in China than in America.
~Pollution for profits: China is more capitalist than America. You heard it here first. If you think America doesn't care about pollution, then you don't want to know about China.
~Plus loads more

To summarize, my 2 major concerns about China are the following:

~Media and internet censorship (no freedom of speech/expression)
~Lack of easy and free access to information, local and international

Until China removes those above problems, then it will be impossible to have a debate with them and dare I say it, pointless. As long as those 2 barriers remain, then China, in my mind, will always be wrong.

http://godism.blogspot.com/2008/04/newb ... ernet.html
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Please stop this. All I have to say is that China must be doing something right if they are on the rise. Some of the other countries too have these rules but why you always attack China.

As far as the game goes, yes its not that good but I have even seen some more worse USA-made games, it depends on person to person. But unlike you, I won't take names and will not attack USA either.

stay safe,

AamirM
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

AamirM wrote:All I have to say is that China must be doing something right if they are on the rise.
China is rising because they willingly let multi-national companies exploit their own Chinese workers (who have no rights nor union movement) with low wages.

Is that "right"?

China is rising because China does not care a bit about pollution (Witness their neon-colored rivers and smog-covered skies), only the production of millions and millions of cheap goods.

Is that "right"?

China is rising because their currency is pegged with the American dollar at low levels. Because of this, their currency are massively depreciated (your $1 US dollar buys more Chinese yuan). If the Chinese currency was subject to the market forces of demand and supply like most other currencies, then their currency would be worth a lot more and the prices of their products would at last, reflect its true value (more expensive).

Is that "right"?

AamirM wrote:Some of the other countries too have these rules but why you always attack China. but why you always attack China.
What rules? Do you mean my bullet points in my previous post? Of course other countries have those aspects too. Are you using the "Country X does it too, that makes China okay" defense too? I hope not.
AamirM wrote:but why you always attack China. but why you always attack China.
Well, China is politicizing the Olympic games and want to show the world they are a "modern" and "rich" country. They want attention and money.

If China wants to show the world all the positive aspects about China, then I will show the world all the negative aspects.

You can't have one without the other.

Also, why CAN'T I attack China?

Likewise, should I not attack USA, Japan, Britain etc? Should I just be a silent and obedient citizen who does not criticize anything?

I know in China, everyone is pressured to be obedient and non-vocal. But here in America, we have freedom of speech and expression. If something seems wrong, then the people will make their voice heard. We have that right. We have that luxury.
AamirM wrote:Hi,

Please stop this
Hi, you first.

It is my duty as a responsible internet citizen to educate and inform people about the strengths and weaknesses of China.
AamirM wrote:stay safe,

AamirM
No need to worry. I am using the American internet. China won't be able to hire thugs to track me down and send me to re-education camps for criticizing the government.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Unforgiven wrote:
That is off-topic, but here's a small selection of reasons:

And just before I start, don't give me the "America is bad in those areas too" defense. I am fully aware of the flaws of my country, but that does not excuse China's behavior and their lack of action.

~Internet censorship: very hard to access information on certain subjects.
~Everything you say or do on the internet is tracked: In China, you are tracked everywhere. You are not anonymous and if you criticize China's government, then expect a knock on you door.
~Human/Animal Rights record: China places low value on individual human rights. Even less with animal rights (see Tiger Penis medicine and Cow Testicle powder and other superstitious bullshit)
~Protests are not allowed. Actually, they ARE allowed. You can protest against foreign media, foreign countries, etc. But you can't protest against your own government unless you want to be beat up by government-hired thugs. How useful.
~Their media industry is controlled by the Chinese government, so there is only one news source and obviously, any articles must be approved by the Chinese government first. A opinion piece criticizing government policy? Don't expect to get published. At the same time, they accuse western media of being biased, racist and lying. You don't need to be einstein to figure out the extent of corruption are much more likely and higher in China than in America.
~Pollution for profits: China is more capitalist than America. You heard it here first. If you think America doesn't care about pollution, then you don't want to know about China.
~Plus loads more

To summarize, my 2 major concerns about China are the following:

~Media and internet censorship (no freedom of speech/expression)
~Lack of easy and free access to information, local and international

Until China removes those above problems, then it will be impossible to have a debate with them and dare I say it, pointless. As long as those 2 barriers remain, then China, in my mind, will always be wrong.

http://godism.blogspot.com/2008/04/newb ... ernet.html
...STOP MAKING EVERY TOPIC YOU POST IN ABOUT CHINA OR HOW PEOPLE OTHER THAN YOU SUCK, PLEASE

Capsed for her pleasure
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Pollution??? Please see the facts. It is USA that is the source of more pollution than any other country. Carbon-emissions from USA are more than all others countries combined.

Secondly, do you seriously think that its China's fault that more USA companies are out-sourcing there? You should protest to these companies instead (IIRC, Micheal Moore did do this).

You are missing my point, stop critisizing others when you yourself are subject of criticisim. I think I am going to be unpopular here.

stay safe,

AamirM
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Pollution??? Please see the facts. It is USA that is the source of more pollution than any other country. Carbon-emissions from USA are more than all others countries combined.

Secondly, do you seriously think that its China's fault that more USA companies are out-sourcing there? You should protest to these companies instead (IIRC, Micheal Moore did do this).

You are missing my point, stop critisizing others when you yourself are subject of criticisim. I think I am going to be unpopular here.

stay safe,

AamirM
He's somewhat right about the pollution thing. US companies are starting to cut emissions and whatnot due to public pressure and other factors. China is starting to pollute more, and their pollution will increase by quite a bit as they continue to grow economically. Look up some projections about that and you'll see what I mean.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I.S.T. wrote: ...STOP MAKING EVERY TOPIC YOU POST IN ABOUT CHINA OR HOW PEOPLE OTHER THAN YOU SUCK, PLEASE

Capsed for her pleasure
Tell that to Rashidi:
I was simply answering the question.
Yes, the Chinese government can be partly blamed.

We are talking about Chinese workers. The Chinese government have a responsibility to the Chinese citizens. The foreign companies can ask: "Can we hire your workers at very low wages?"

All the Chinese government have to do is refuse.

But of course they won't, because they are corrupt and don't mind taking bribes from foreign companies.
AamirM wrote:You are missing my point, stop critisizing others when you yourself are subject of criticisim. I think I am going to be unpopular here.
Everyone is the subject of criticism. The only difference is some people (Americans) recognize their own faults. Other people (hardcore Chinese Nationalists) ignore their own flaws to advance their own interests.

Are you suggesting everyone should just shut up? We should just be blind to our own defects like the Chinese are?
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,
Yes, the Chinese government can be partly blamed.

We are talking about Chinese workers. The Chinese government have a responsibility to the Chinese citizens. The foreign companies can ask: "Can we hire your workers at very low wages?"

All the Chinese government have to do is refuse.

But of course they won't, because they are corrupt and don't mind taking bribes from foreign companies.
Have you talked to the people there? They actually want having jobs rather than being jobless. Its actually USA companies (like GM) that have refused to pay high wages to American workers and are out sourcing to other countries (not just China) so they can sell cheaper products to you. Why is it that Japanese automakers are more successful in USA. Thats because they give same quality at less price and more people go for that. Its plain business. Only a fool will pay a price for something that is available for free or lesser price. These are all the reasons that number of jobless workers is increasing in USA.
Everyone is the subject of criticism. The only difference is some people (Americans) recognize their own faults. Other people (hardcore Chinese Nationalists) ignore their own flaws to advance their own interests.

Are you suggesting everyone should just shut up? We should just be blind to our own defects like the Chinese are?
I am not telling to shut-up. I am telling that you should go to China and really ask the people there if they are not happy with the current situation. Most of the people blindly believe a news story they see in front of a TV or monitor without really thinking if they are right. So you should have not taken such strong actions without asking Chinese people themselves.

stay safe,

AamirM
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Have you talked to the people there? They actually want having jobs rather than being jobless. Its actually USA companies (like GM) that have refused to pay high wages to American workers and are out sourcing to other countries (not just China) so they can sell cheaper products to you. Why is it that Japanese automakers are more successful in USA. Thats because they give same quality at less price and more people go for that. Its plain business. Only a fool will pay a price for something that is available for free or lesser price. These are all the reasons that number of jobless workers is increasing in USA.
AamirM
That's a poor analogy. American cars are actually equally or cheaper priced in many instances. Many GM or Ford models for instance are cheaper than the comparable Honda/Acura, Toyota, or even Volkswagen. Just look at their websites.

Secondly, it is my understanding that GM only buys parts from Chinese suppliers. It's not GM who doesn't pay workers. In fact GM exports to China more so than they buy from China.

http://www.americaneconomicalert.org/ne ... ID=2944215
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... feed=rss01

Also, GM's production plants are mostly in Mexico, the US, and Canada. GM doesn't have much presence in China...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinside ... 162446.htm

Here's an idea.. How about the discussion in this thread doesn't continue without supporting evidence....?
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4603687.stm

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/04/gm- ... tners.html

http://www.china-ready.com/news/Oct03/F ... 01803.html

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Co ... subtypeId=

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/200 ... 273155.htm

My point was that they are creating more jobs and oppurtunities there.

BTW, if GM, Ford have comparable and less priced cars why are they going in heavy losses and Toyota is going in profits all the time? I've been always hearing that Camry is the best selling car in USA for quite a long time now.

stay safe,

AamirM
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

your two main points against china are the same thing
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Aamir: Two of your articles are the same thing, the Ford ones. One is op-ed and not actually news, the Inside Line article. Your first and second articles do not challenge Nightcrawler's point at all, he was speaking of absolute capacity. So there's 3 plants for GM in China, up from what? Give absolute numbers.

Your arguments are generally no good. You act as if people are not swayed by advertising and hype. Regardless of if it's true past or present, the fact of the matter is that the American automakers have been slagged for awhile in mags. Any improvements they make are going to be whitewashed thus.

And to be honest... Unforgiven has a point. Nationalism in China dwarfs whatever nationalism exists in the United States. Things are improving there simply because to be frank there was nowhere to go but up. Further, your "if they're on the rise they must be doing something right" comment is basically saying "the end justifies the means". Okay, fine, I'm sure you won't mind then when the US takes Iraqi oil at dirt cheap prices... which I'm not even sure is happening.

Also, you shot yourself in the foot. China has far and away exceeded the United States in total pollution the last few years... and it's only going up. You destroyed your own credibility by providing information as fact when a simple google would show that, whoops, you are dead wrong.
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Wasnt this thread supposed to bashing a game rather than a country?
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Besides people here have to seize on an incidental comment and blow it out of proportion.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Can you please explain to me why china produces inferior products Unforgiven? It's not that hard to find games made in the US that are an even bigger turd then beggar prince. You also sound like you're just blindly hating China based on what you hear on the news. If you even had a clue how bad they had it over there you wouldn't be talking so much trash about them and I don't mean reading shit posted on a website. I mean seeing with your own eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Paintbrawl
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

powerspike wrote:Can you please explain to me why china produces inferior products Unforgiven?
it's the sweatshops.
Nightcrawler wrote:Here's an idea.. How about the discussion in this thread doesn't continue without supporting evidence....?
Here's my idea, how about the discussion here gets locked and we all just move on...
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I.S.T. wrote:Capsed for her pleasure
Fucking win.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54