Master Hand

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Master Hand

Post by Nach »

So, if one were to trace the origins of Master Hand (and Crazy Hand), which games would you say it or a relative was in?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

I believe there was a Kirby game that featured a dude with big floating hands... or maybe it was a Wario game?

Pretty sure it's a nod to a Kirby game, though. Makes sense with it being Hal and all.
I bring the trouble.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

You're thinking of Wham Bam Rock from Kirby Super Star, which was a floating hand, which shares half of its moves with Master Hand.

However, Wham Bam Rock is derived from the final Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong, where you fight two hands trying to smash and destroy you. It also made stuff fall from the ceiling, and had a triple crush attack, just like Wham Bam Rock has.

It's not a nod to a Kirby game, more likely a boss taken from several Nintendo games. Just need to figure out all the places he's appeared prior.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by funkyass »

earliest I think of is the first zelda. that hand-like thing that takes you back to the start of the dungeon.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

the addams family

obviously

</durr>
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

funkyass wrote:earliest I think of is the first zelda. that hand-like thing that takes you back to the start of the dungeon.
Yes. Legend of Zelda.
They were known as Wall Masters.
DeFender1031
Rookie

Post by DeFender1031 »

Oddly enough, there is a discussion on wikipedia about this right now, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Super ... aster_Hand it'd be cool if we got more people over there telling them what a bunch of morons they are and what the truth is...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

DeFender1031 wrote:it'd be cool
No, it would be useless.
telling them (...) what the truth is...
You already know they're not interested in 'truth', what good would it be to spam it over and over.

Like trying to sell a fridge to polar bears.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Every time I see this thread I keep thinking of that damn powerglove, just in case you were that one person who missed it;

I was watching this show the other night they show over here called "Good Game" and it wasn't untill I saw it that I found out that the power glove was real. I knew there was a power glove, but I thought it looked better than the one in the movie, the one in the movie looks like
some crappy glove with a calculator stuck to the side of it.
Last edited by Gonzo on Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Cigar Face wrote:Every time I see this thread I keep thinking of that damn powerglove, just in case you were that one person who missed it;

http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2/powerglove ... .jpg[/img]

I was watching this show the other night they show over here called "Good Game" and it wasn't untill I saw it that I found out that the power glove was real. I knew there was a power glove, but I thought it looked better than the one in the movie, the one in the movie looks like
some crappy glove with a calculator stuck to the side of it.

Okay, WTF is up with this post? I can only read it when quoting it.

<grinvader> This post is awesome. I dub it the coolest post on the board.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

What the fuck?
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

I.S.T. wrote:What the fuck?
I dunno, I think I broke the internets

*EDIT*

It had something to do with the url I put up, I was trying to show an image but screwed it up royally.

*EDIT*

And now it's fixed.