Z NESWIN: Final Fantasy 3

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Voriax

Z NESWIN: Final Fantasy 3

Post by Voriax »

I want to load up some kind of game genie features for my final fantasy 3 but all codes online either don't work or i'm too stupid to learn how to get them to function properly.

For instance, there is these codes for Emulator:

Instant Airship
Just enter C0C8340C as a pro action replay code in your emulators menu (SNES9X).

Sprint Shoes
Just enter C0CE2E00 as the PAR code in your SNES emulator.

Walk through walls anywhere
Just enter C0D04FFF as the PAR code in your SNES emulator or if you have the PAR replay gameshark device.

Get gold
Enter C2DDE8CC as the PAR Code.

Get Illumina or Ragnarok after battle
Enter C2DF0CCC as the PAR code.

Learn all spells of equipped Esper after one battle
Enter C2E050FF as the PAR code.

Now i'm assuming you enter these under enter code, but when I click add, and save and then load (with the tgl:toggle on) the effects don't come through.

Anyone able to assist me?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Read this: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9800

Besides, those are said to be PAR codes, so there is no '-' involved.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

I believe they're GG, not PAR.

They don't even start in 7E
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Either way, it doesn't help when the op doesn't link to where they got the cheats from. I remember there was a bunch of these that worked, but they were specifically Game Genie codes.

It's not good when people don't do this extra step, since there's no mega cheat database that people that have verified codes. That and the fact that FF3 has multiple versions/revisions that will make most, if not all Game Genie codes useless for other revisions instead of the intended version (usually US v1.0).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Kajuru wrote:They don't even start in 7E
Not starting in 7E has jack shit to do with it being PAR/GG for emulators. The point is that using a - will decrypt it back to a PAR-format code (address:value). You don't want that if they are ALREADY decrypted. Which they are.
enter C0C8340C as a pro action replay code
However, since they address ROM code like a (decrypted) GG code, they're usually relying on ROM revision, see what Deathlike said, yadda yadda.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

grinvader wrote:
Kajuru wrote:They don't even start in 7E
Not starting in 7E has jack shit to do with it being PAR/GG for emulators. The point is that using a - will decrypt it back to a PAR-format code (address:value). You don't want that if they are ALREADY decrypted. Which they are.
I know the emulator doesn't give a shit once it's entered.

Edit: Notice how the Topic is a bypass for the board filter :)
Penguin edit: I did it, because it's fugly in thread titles.
pokigi

Re: Z NESWIN: Final Fantasy 3

Post by pokigi »

Any updates on this?

I'm trying to get the "C2DDE8CC" code to work in ZSNES, but it doesn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

pokigi wrote:Any updates on this?

I'm trying to get the "C2DDE8CC" code to work in ZSNES, but it doesn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
*sigh*
99.9999999999 percent chance you're using the wrong game revision. The code makes no mention of which version of the original game it was made for, and FF3US happens to have a LOT of versions(I believe three, just in the US).
Most of the time, a code made for one version of the game won't work on another one.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
pokigi

Post by pokigi »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:*sigh*
99.9999999999 percent chance you're using the wrong game revision. The code makes no mention of which version of the original game it was made for, and FF3US happens to have a LOT of versions(I believe three, just in the US).
Most of the time, a code made for one version of the game won't work on another one.
I see I see, thanks for the information.

Is there a way to check which version my game is?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

pokigi wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:*sigh*
I see I see, thanks for the information.

Is there a way to check which version my game is?
IIRC, you can use NSRT to determine which version you have.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.