Empire Earth III v1.1 patch's won't install.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Empire Earth III v1.1 patch's won't install.

Post by franpa »

Hello, I have just purchased this game from EBGAMES (Gamestop in america) and have tried the US & UK v1.1 patch. Before attempting the UK patch I installed the v1.01 patch which installed in less then 0 seconds and did not say it didn't succeed or fail and it also did not error out.

Upon launching the patches my hard disk churns away (presumably decompressing) then it shows an illegal operation message (or the equivilint in WinXP Home SP3).

I am using the June 2008 Redistributable package of Direct X 9.0c, the latest nvidia drivers, latest creative drivers, latest motherboard drivers, every driver is the latest or most stable.

The game runs as is, but performance is sub par and there is a flicker on shorelines... does the patch add multi-core cpu support?

I have attached the crash log file windows generates.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xyfsclsynnk [error log]
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Empire Earth III v1.1 patch's won't install.

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:Hello, I have just purchased this game from EBGAMES (Gamestop in america)
Actually, both the EB and Gamestop brands are still in use in America, even though they're the same company.
In some places, there's even still EBs competing with GameStops in the same mall or shopping center.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

The game runs as is, but performance is sub par and there is a flicker on shorelines... does the patch add multi-core cpu support?
The game itself is a mess. I hardly recommend it.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It just seems to be some sort of dump...

Anyways, my general recommendation is to reinstall the game (or uninstall, delete other files left by the game, and then install) and then patch. Most patches are designed to do that these days..

Patches these days work like this:
1) It works on all previous/older versions only.

2) Sometimes it designed to patch against the previous revision and/or first version of the game.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
l3v3l

Re: Empire Earth III v1.1 patch's won't install.

Post by l3v3l »

franpa wrote: I am using the June 2008 Redistributable package of Direct X 9.0c
What?
franpa wrote:I have attached the crash log file windows generates.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xyfsclsynnk [error log]
This is NO error log..

Maybe YOU should not use tools like CPU-Killer.
Last edited by l3v3l on Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

surprised they made a 3rd...
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

FINE, Information log then. It is generated when the error occurs and disappears after i dismiss the error message so I would consider it a log generated by the error thus it is a error log. it may not be a log of the error.

bleh, somewhere in there ^ is what i mean.

I'll give a reinstall a try.

EDIT: A reinstall has no impact.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I have a solution, however I need help from the community to achieve it. The v1.01 patch installs a installation engine which the v1.10 patch uses, this engine fails to execute due to a illegal operation. If someone can either provide there copy of the Installation Engine files zipped up or something then that would be awesome, if the problem persists then i will be asking for a different version of the installer.

The installation package is found at C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B17E235C-7A3B-4482-B650-21FFDE1D452E}

Also, can someone provide a MD5 checksum of the v1.10 UK and US patch? I'd like to confirm they are both downloaded properly.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

you try googleing for the md5 of said thing, like
this

what were the names of the files you downloaded?
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

If you can find a MD5 of ee3_update_UK_10_11.exe then awesome :) I have not found one.

I believe the issue is that v1.10 US and v1.10 UK use the exact same installer but the US patch has the installer included where as the UK one has it as a separate v1.01 patch.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

why do others have to find it? try googling the filename and MD5.

regardless, puttering around the empire earth site comes up with this:

if you have the US version, just use patch 1.1, otherwise you need 1.01.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

funkyass wrote:why do others have to find it?
This is a rhetorical question. I will refrain from giving a rhetorical answer... for now.

The fact is the the patch info on websites nowdays are usually clear on what version the patch is applicable to and usually has some method to confirm the version that the patch expects. Even back in the age old DOS and Doom days where this was always clear.

You're expecting franpa to know what to do?? :P
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

remember that time franpa was right?

good times
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I got it working and if anyone wants to know what I think of the game then look at my last post here. http://forums.vgames.com/thread.jspa?th ... 3&tstart=0