10 years

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

someone
Masochist

10 years

Post by someone »

Ok, so 10 years ago I was doing some stuff that was really bad and I needed help. I knew I was going to end up really hurting someone, so I went to the police and got it.... 10 years probation! Anyways, those 10 years I wasn't allowed to use a computer, nor the internet " I explained to my probation officer that was impossible. ATM machines, the checkout at a grocery store, doctor visits all used the internet ". That didn't go over well. Anyways, im free now!!!! Good grief! My phone can play PSOne games now! I got a trash computer from work that's 5times the computer I built 11 years ago for $7000 *STUPID* I need that money now! anyways, Just thought I would just say how much the world had changed. Even though I wasn't in prison, I was a semi-free man, now that I am free. Wow. I have a tiny micro sd that is 64gigs in my phone, and my granddad was telling me of a time not so long ago when harddrives were over 5 inches wide and were less than 10megs. and floppy disk were like a foot wide! LOL ! where will we be in 10 more years?

PS: Please do not ask me about my past. my past is my past, and I have given it to God. The reason I wrote this post isn't to talk about my past, but to give a little perspective on how times have changed. For those living their daily lives, you may not notice it so much. Kind of like jumping in a lake of icewater versus slowly acclimating to it, But for someone who was blocked from it, its kind of.... well.... scary....
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: 10 years

Post by Agozer »

Obligatory "Welcome to the Internet". Again. Sort of.

A lot of things have changed on this side in the last 10 years. A few others, not so much.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Agozer wrote: A lot of things have changed on this side in the last 10 years.
The internet is fast enough for YouTube to be a usable thing, for one.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

Well, here is a little bit of my list.
1.) Got married *Big change*
2.) no more money (cause of #1 )
3.) Google / Antichrist is taking over the world
4.) My phone is more computer than the computer I had 10 years ago (and a lot cheaper)
5.) Stupid DEF fluid for diesel vehicles.
6.) I once felt the need to build a top of the line PC, Now not so sure... I would like to, but for $1000 you can build a really nice PC, for $2000 an insane one ( stick a 1TB Samsung 850 pro in it )
7.) Gained 30 lbs as soon as I got off probation ( started a new hobby, drinking ), so I gave up that hobby but not the weight.
8.) Started going to a new Church
9.) Actually own a new car. Well, was new when we got it.
10.) Am now embarrassed to be American. Well, not really, but the Federal Gov is a total joke now, so I guess I should say, I'm embarrassed at whom we have elected.

:EDIT:
Oh, yea, and :
Got rid of Direct TV. Got Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix . Much nicer.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

someone wrote:Well, here is a little bit of my list.
1.) Got married *Big change*
Congratulations.
10.) Am now embarrassed to be American. Well, not really, but the Federal Gov is a total joke now, so I guess I should say, I'm embarrassed at whom we have elected.
I'm not convinced it matters, honestly. Near as I can tell, everyone's in favor of selling the people out to big businesses and the federal government, they just put different thin varnishes on the platform.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

I'm not convinced it matters, honestly. Near as I can tell, everyone's in favor of selling the people out to big businesses and the federal government, they just put different thin varnishes on the platform.
True. Republican, Democrat, Independent. All owned by Google. :shock:
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

someone wrote:
True. Republican, Democrat, Independent. All owned by Google. :shock:
All members of the Ratbastard party. Whoo!
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

aw yeah, americans complaining about their government and them dang liberals ruining everything. true zboard nostalgia
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Johan_H wrote:aw yeah, americans complaining about their government and them dang liberals ruining everything. true zboard nostalgia
Hey, that's not fair and a gross misrepresentation.
We blamed the conservatives too!
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

I think its all Google's fault. War in the middle east. Google. Google owns Ebola. Soon, Google Police, and they will come for me for posting this. Its all Google.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

someone wrote:I think its all Google's fault. War in the middle east. Google. Google owns Ebola. Soon, Google Police, and they will come for me for posting this. Its all Google.
You tell 'em brother. We all need to work together to wipe out that which is most vile, i.e, google.

Don't believe that google is evil?

Well, do you know who wiped out the dinosaurs? Google.

And I can already hear all you naysayers,

"Wait, google wasn't invented when dinosaurs were around!"

Yes, but for your information, google invented time travel and have been secretly controlling all of human history. In fact, in the not too distant future, google has evolved into a super AI that is propagating the genocide of the human race. It is sending mechanical assassins into the past to kill anyone who could be a threat to them.

That's right, just like Terminator.

You see, James Cameron isn't just a filmmaker, he is a a genius and a prophet. He figured this whole thing out by divining clues from one dollar bills and having conversations with the lizard people. He then wrote the terminator, a film that is littered with clues that foretell the coming google apocalypse. Need proof?

Question: What colour are terminators?
Answer: Chrome.

That's right, Just like Google Chrome!!!!

If we all don't work together now, google is going to succeed in wiping out the human race!!! Join me in the struggle against this insidious evil!!!

Seriously, that's how fucking insane you sound right now. If you give me your home address I will mail you a tin foil hat.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

While Google's certainly done a lot, the dinosaurs actually died because of Bing.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Steve Ballmer fired the dinosaurs because they didn't BING! excitedly enough. Actually, they could not BING! at all.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

the fully-split ergonomic keyboards (where the two halves are connected by a cable and can be independently positioned) were actually designed to accomodate T. rex's tiny arms.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

what more evidence do you need?
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

Ok, so these nice Google police showed up at my work today and put this chip in my neck. I know now that Google is great !
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

odditude wrote:the fully-split ergonomic keyboards (where the two halves are connected by a cable and can be independently positioned) were actually designed to accomodate T. rex's tiny arms.
Oh man, I can see it now. Sexy t-rex typist cretaceous world record holder with her scales in a bun and glasses. Dat crazy 30wpm.
Oh yeah baby. Work your 4 magic fingers all night.

(<t-rex> fuck you, dvorak)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Nice blocked hotlink, bro.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

hahaha as if i could be arsed to do it right for a joke post
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54