Megaman 9 coming to Wii Ware

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

casualsax3
Veteran

Megaman 9 coming to Wii Ware

Post by casualsax3 »

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

"The story is as standard as any of the previous Rockman games, but with a twist. Robots are on a rampage, and Wily is coming back, but this time around, he states that the robot attacks are caused by Dr. Right, Rockman's own creator. Now Rockman has to prove his creator's innocence by defeating the new robot masters and finding the real truth behind the cause."
Gasp! Doctor Light did it! No WONDER Protoman turned evil, with a creator like that!

Honestly, I liked how 7 and 8 were honest about it. Really, no one's going to believe it WASN'T Wily at this point.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Oh my, I thought I wasn't going to be alive to see this.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Really, no one's going to believe it WASN'T Wily at this point.
    • ^ da truth
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Rashidi wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Really, no one's going to believe it WASN'T Wily at this point.
    • ^ da truth
Nah, the real plot twist is where megaman fights his evil doppelganger, mageman.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

What would be *really* interesting is if this is the X-tie-in game, where the enemy robot masters really WERE Light's creations, all prototype Reploids that have gone berserk, whether or not due to the Maverick/Irregular virus (and, by extension, Wily.)
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I'd play that.

Unless it was as hard as MM8. Fucking Capcom and their goddamned jetboard or whatever the fuck it was called levels.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Well, I can't wait for this. Hope it'll turn out alright though.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I.S.T. wrote:I'd play that.

Unless it was as hard as MM8. Fucking Capcom and their goddamned jetboard or whatever the fuck it was called levels.
That one game almost killed my gamecube.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

SquareHead wrote:

Made you almost kill your gamecube, you mean?
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I.S.T. wrote:
SquareHead wrote:

Made you almost kill your gamecube, you mean?
Yes.

And I cant think of a more frustrating game at the moment.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Louis Cypher wrote:What would be *really* interesting is if this is the X-tie-in game, where the enemy robot masters really WERE Light's creations, all prototype Reploids that have gone berserk, whether or not due to the Maverick/Irregular virus (and, by extension, Wily.)
I don't think they're ever gonna do the transition.

I really can't think of a way for it to end happily, and given Capcom's continuity in the X series is shot to hell ANYWAYS, why worry?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it to the end of the Wily snowboard stage ONCE. And died to the boss, with no spare lives. I've never seen the boss door again.

It seems appropriate that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg is stuck in my head now.

8's the only main-line game I've never beaten.
(Gameboy doesn't count. Different line. :P )
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

Finally another REAL mega man.

I never like any of the games after they transitioned away from the 8bit look on the NES and Gameboy. I hope it's good, I was just talking about how I missed these games.
~Bent
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide!
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

odditude wrote:

I hate you so much.
odditude

Post by odditude »

I.S.T. wrote:
odditude wrote:

I hate you so much.
Bite me, I've got the damn Wily 1 stage music stuck in my head on constant loop now. That and the sound of Megaman screaming when he dies.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:It seems appropriate that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg is stuck in my head now.

While I must say that video is really cool.

Airman wasn't that hard, japanese or american version, hell, even Woodman was easy.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
odditude

Post by odditude »

Airman was the first stage in most people's recommended orders! He's not exactly tough.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:It seems appropriate that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg is stuck in my head now.
Oh lord this was way to funny. Please gimme a minute, I think I spilled my innards a fair bit across the room.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Very strange video indeed.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

Pretty much sums up my relationship with MM2.
odditude

Post by odditude »

MM2 is one of those games that I'm good enough at (or at least used to be) to stick with the P-shooter the whole way through. No weapons or items except where absolutely necessary (items 1, 2, and 3 in the Wily stages and Bubble Lead on Wily's hologram).

Wily's hovertank thing did usually eat an E-tank or three, though - I got soft abusing Metal Blades against it (stay put and rapid-fire them up at an angle, fight's done in about 6 seconds including the recharge).
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Joe Camacho wrote:

While I must say that video is really cool.

Airman wasn't that hard, japanese or american version, hell, even Woodman was easy.
And the invisible block run in Heatman's stage is probably the easiest in franchise history.

I never said the guy in the song was any good at Megaman.

See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRIFBbwvBYg
Roll can't beat Airman either.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

This was on the top of the related videos side bar for that video, Gil.

I hate you. Why, you ask? "Why have I earned the hatred of some little pissant on the Internets?"

Because I would not have been introduced to that level of retardation if you hadn't linked me to that, Gil.

I will kill you in your sleep, Gil.

Edit: WTF? I had to remove the quotation marks from the url tag?
Last edited by I.S.T. on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I.S.T. wrote:This was on the top of the related videos side bar for that video, Gil.

I hate you. Why, you ask? "Why have I earned the hatred of some little pissant on the Internets?"

Because I would not have been introduced to that level of retardation if you hadn't linked me to that, Gil.

I will kill you in your sleep, Gil.
Actually, you're an edit behind. I changed the URL after realizing that the one on the sidebar has too-fast video and gets out of sync.

And you're welcome. Just remember... I'm not spreading Goatse(may it rest in peace), Tubgirl, or whatever the cool kids are stealth-linking these days.