Diablo 3 announced!

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

I.S.T.
Zealot

Diablo 3 announced!

Post by I.S.T. »

neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Nice. My younger brother was obsessed with the first two, I'm sure he'd go crazy when I tell him about it.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Nice! First Starcraft II and now this. I will have them.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

saweeeet
bringing Zsnes back
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Holy shit, I can't believe this game has been in development for a while now. Now, I need to build a new computer for this.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

snkcube wrote:Holy shit, I can't believe this game has been in development for a while now. Now, I need to build a new computer for this.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, unless you have a really old computer, the graphics look pretty weak. Blizzard must be trying to keep the system requirements low.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Is there such a thing as a bad blizzard game? This game is going to be awesome, just like all their other games.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Blizzard became a very strong company these days. Soon it will have a strength as big as QE, Ubisoft and the like if not bigger.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Blizzard became a very strong company these days. Soon it will have a strength as big as QE, Ubisoft and the like if not bigger.
You forget that they don't publish their games, and are, in fact, owned by someone else. They're owned by Activision-Blizzard(Blizzard's name is put there for PR reasons. Activision began merging with Vivendi Games last year, which up until then was the sole owner of Blizzard.).

>.>
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Cyrus wrote:
snkcube wrote:Holy shit, I can't believe this game has been in development for a while now. Now, I need to build a new computer for this.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, unless you have a really old computer, the graphics look pretty weak. Blizzard must be trying to keep the system requirements low.
I wonder if my Direct X 8.1 card will do....
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

snkcube wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
No way in hell. Even starcraft 2 requires a shader model 2.0 card... >.>
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Oh my, looks like I need a new computer after all.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

very yes

i am stoked.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Woah the Witch Doctor class is pretty cool. I especially liked the idea for the wall of zombies. I'm not too sure about getting the game though since I'm not really a fan of them. A demo of the game would probably be enough to convince me if they release one.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

I.S.T. wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
SM2 is ancient... it's been around since the GeForce 5s/FXs, 5 generations ago. SM3 has been around since the GeForce 6s. But I guess a card that uses DX8.1 is beyond ancient... what is the card anyway?
Last edited by Cyrus on Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Cyrus wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
SM2 is ancient... it's been around since the GeForce 5s/FXs, 5 generations ago. SM3 has been around since the GeForce 6s.
Been around since the Radeon 9700 Pro, 9500 and 9500 Pro, actually(Predates the GFFX series by several months.).
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Cyrus wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
SM2 is ancient... it's been around since the GeForce 5s/FXs, 5 generations ago. SM3 has been around since the GeForce 6s. But I guess a card that uses DX8.1 is beyond ancient... what is the card anyway?
Radeon 9100
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

That's actually pretty good for a DX8.1 card. o_O
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Roar. I loved the first two with a passion, so they'd have to go extremely out of their way to disappoint me with this one. Very, very win.
I bring the trouble.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Now I want to play D2, but I lost my cds, so booo.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Diablo II is one of the games I pirated, despite actually owning a copy... I just always forget to bring it to school, and all of a sudden I need my fix... haha. I keep my cd keys on me for just an occasion. And no, not physically on my person. That's a little nerdy, even for me.
I bring the trouble.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

.... :evil:

Obviously, you never heard of a concept called "optimization". Nothing is inherantly wrong with SM2. Its more than sufficient for effects like bloom, so I don't know what the fuck is your problem. SM3 is more than enough for effects, so really, where is the problem? If people have to waste on crap like SM4 for thier effects, they are obviously:

A) Don't have a clue
B) Can't be arsed writing decent code

I guess more people want shitloads of bloatware like Crysis around. So then they all want thier DX10 bullshit. You heard correct: I think DX10 is utter BS. DX9 and OGL 2.1 is more than enough for decent graphics. And D3D10 offers no real benefits.

Oh well. If you want more bloated crap around like Crysis around, enjoy it. Crap like that is destroying the PC game industry.

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

DX10 has real benefits to it... You should google it and/or search http://www.beyond3d.com's boards.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Geometry shaders isn't really a benefit. >.>

Sure, texture arrays and better instancing is nice, but the devs themselves could at least make a effort with optimization rather than leaving it to MS and thier API. Thats the point I am getting at: D3D9 and OGL is perfectly fine for the moment. And I have yet to see anything make use of D3D10 well.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

The best example I can think of for optimization in the PC market is Doom 3.
Partially because it's one of the few that HAVE BEEN optimized.

Remember when the beta leaked? And it wouldn't run on ANYTHING?

Then there was a massive outcry, and iD spent time actually optimizing things, and it ran on everything from a GeForce 2 up... PLAYABLY?

Hell, most of the reviews I saw said there was almost no discernable difference between different quality levels except for the absolute top and bottom ends.