Hi guys.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

AarnKrry

Hi guys.

Post by AarnKrry »

Hi, this is my first post, I read the rules but some of them don't particularly understand, so apologies if I do anything wrong at this early stage :lol:

Right, I just upgraded versions to 1.51 and on version 1.48 (I think), I got very far on A Link to the Past. I have the A Link to the Past ROM file up and running in the new version, but I was just wondering how and if I can get the data onto the new version, so as not to have to start again :P

Thanks very much for the emulator and the many pieces of advice I have read from this great community over the past months :D

Thank you :)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

1.42 most likely, not 1.48

If you used in-game saves for saving, you can just copy the corresponding .srm file to wherever 1.51 stores saves. However, if you used save states, it is very likely that they won't work properly when moved between different versions.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
AarnKrry

Post by AarnKrry »

Cheers mate, do you think I could just open the state on the old emulator, save it in-game, then find the .srm files in the right place, then copy it over to 1.51?

I have two different versions on my HD you see :D
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Yes. That should do nicely.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

I would make a copy of the SRM file, personally...
AarnKrry

Post by AarnKrry »

Right, I can't find the .srm file. I have 1.4something and my roms all on a single CD, would the .srm file be saved on my HD or on the disc?

All my roms are in compressed folders, with just the file for the game inside them. I tried putting the 1.51 version on my PC, but found it difficult to get the roms across and get them to run. Is there a tutorial I could use?

Or, the question I'm really asking is, is it particularly necessary to upgrade to 1.51?

Sorry for the hassle, but I really can't ask anyone or anywhere else :P
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It's a waste of space to do duplication, even though it is an option. A better option though is to make both ZSNES versions point to the same save directory, which is generally optimal.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
AarnKrry

Post by AarnKrry »

Deathlike2 wrote:It's a waste of space to do duplication, even though it is an option. A better option though is to make both ZSNES versions point to the same save directory, which is generally optimal.
How might I go about doing that :P
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Config->Paths and enter in the entire path that stores all the saves+savestates. This shouldn't be rocket science if you RTFM.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
AarnKrry

Post by AarnKrry »

Deathlike2 wrote:Config->Paths and enter in the entire path that stores all the saves+savestates. This shouldn't be rocket science if you RTFM.
Way to express your elitism ;3
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

if you're looking to hack your zelda 3 saveram, check out my program hosted by the lovely zophar.net here. you might need to download some VB dll files.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

AarnKrry wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:This shouldn't be rocket science if you RTFM.
It should be common sense. :roll:
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

creaothceann wrote:
AarnKrry wrote:
I think he means literally elite. Most serfs aren't taught to read.

... but then how is he reading this forum?
I bring the trouble.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

DancemasterGlenn wrote:
creaothceann wrote:
AarnKrry wrote:

I've asked that so many times. It's really the only answer for some of the posts, but... how can they use the 'net without reading?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

creaothceann wrote:
AarnKrry wrote:
Exactly. The problem for most issues can be resolved by reading the manual. It saves wasted time asking others to tell you to do it.

If you ask a question that isn't answer in the manual, that's one thing, but clearly you haven't demonstrated that since it is answered there. If it were unclear, that would be a different issue, but it is unapplicable here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
DancemasterGlenn wrote:
creaothceann wrote:
AarnKrry wrote:

I've asked that so many times. It's really the only answer for some of the posts, but... how can they use the 'net without reading?
Screenreaders. Seriously, some of them are friggin miraculous feature-wise.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

.... RTFM ponderous talk ....
is there has anything to do with random sleepy-ness that occured when tried to read something that is text-heavy?